Sonic Adventure 2 Remake

Announcements about Chao Island.
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Sonic Adventure 2 Remake

Post by Mooncow »

Well as you are all aware, SA2 has been re-released on Xbox Live and PSN, with the PC version to come.
The site is seeing more traffic now, and it gives me a good chance to replay through the game and catch up on some experiments!

I'll be adding a small section for differences in the remakes.

:omochao:
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: Sonic Adventure 2 Remake

Post by Crash32 »

Yay, I can't wait to see the changes :D
Espeondude
Egg
Egg

Post by Espeondude »

I wish my Xbox360 wasn't broke. :I

Oh well, at least I can play SA2B on my wii. :blink:
tehMoerz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tehMoerz »

I have it. It's great, a few minor changes, the thing that's disappointing me is the fact that jewels might not be in the game
Trololo?
Darksonicchao3
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Darksonicchao3 »

I have it :chaohappy: :darkhappy: :sway: :darksway:
I like SADX
Neon
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Neon »

tehMoerz wrote:I have it. It's great, a few minor changes, the thing that's disappointing me is the fact that jewels might not be in the game
I'm not sure if it is true, but someone on the Sega forums said you can buy them in the black market once you collect enough emblems. They'll eventually start to show up.
tehMoerz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tehMoerz »

Last edited by Blade Genexis on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote the post above your own as your post is considered a direct reply.
Trololo?
Lewnatic
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Lewnatic »

Hopefully you can! I'd love it if they made a way to get things like Tails Chao, now that even that's impossible to get.
i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg551/CareyLewnatic/chao2.png
i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg551/CareyLewnatic/chao1.png
Neon
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Neon »

Yeah, thats the one. That Tikal person was posting on it like it was facebook lol.
Lucid Bandit
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Lucid Bandit »

I've noticed that it doesn't take as many emblems for some eggs to show up in the black market. According to the site it says you need 30 for green eggs to be available, I started seeing them around 23 emblems.
Xemnas Chao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Xemnas Chao »

YAY! So happy to get to play Chao Garden in HD, been doing it these past days =D

Differences I've noticed so far:

- Jewel Chao are now impossible to get;
- Different Chao Transporter (now it's Chao Departure, since you can't connect GBA's obviously);
- Glitch on the Chao Garden has been fixed (the one on the corner where you could homming attack your way out of the garden's boudaries xD);
- There's some seriously noticeable lag on some Chao races (don't remember this from the Gamecube or Dreamcast versions);
- The emblem requirements on some Black Market stuff were decreased;
- Hero garden fruits give a significant boost in stamina, 2 to 3 squares per bite, compared to other garden fruits (I don't remember this from the other versions, so I suppose they changed it but the question is why. I'll keep testing to see what I find out...)
- The item resell trick was fixed (at least I think so, I tried both exiting the game through XMB and turning off console with no success) This was proven false, as the item resell trick can be done as shown in this video;
- Maria's Theme is now impossible to buy (unless they changed the requirements, I have 172 emblems right now. I can confirm this this weekend). This was proven false as I already saw and bought Maria's Theme at the black market, proving Sonic Team did change the requirements to get it.

So far that's it. I've been doing the multiple animal usage glitch, but I think that was on the Gamecube version too (never used it there).
Last edited by Xemnas Chao on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.
tehMoerz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tehMoerz »

[quote="Xemnas Chao"]YAY! So happy to get to play Chao Garden in HD, been doing it these past days =D

Differences I've noticed so far:
- Different Chao Transporter (now it's Chao Departure, since you can't connect GBA's obviously);
- Glitch on the Chao Garden has been fixed (the one on the corner where you could homming attack your way out of the platform xD);
- There's some seriously noticeable lag on some Chao races (don't remember this from the Gamecube or Dreamcast versions);
- The emblem requirements on some Black Market stuff were decreased;
- The glitch where you could sell the same item multiple times for ring farming was fixed (at least I think so, I tried both exiting the game through XMB and turning off console with no success)
- Maria's Theme being impossible to buy now (unless they changed the requirements, I have 172 emblems right now. I can confirm this this weekend).

So far that's it. I've been doing the multiple animal usage glitch, but I think that was on the Gamecube version too (never used it there).[/quote]

Thanks. Luckily I've noticed the 360 port uses the GC breeding system instead of the DC system.
Trololo?
Xemnas Chao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Xemnas Chao »

tehMoerz wrote:Thanks. Luckily I've noticed the 360 port uses the GC breeding system instead of the DC system.
You're welcome :wink:
Yeah both the PS3 and 360 have the GC version of the Chao World.
tehMoerz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tehMoerz »

Just wanted to say that I have 82 emblems and no jewel chao's... I'm still unlocking the shinys.
Trololo?
Xemnas Chao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Xemnas Chao »

tehMoerz wrote:Just wanted to say that I have 82 emblems and no jewel chao's... I'm still unlocking the shinys.
And you won't have them, unless they did change the Black Market item listing which I doubt. The only way to get jewel chaos was to buy them on GBA's Tiny Chao Garden and transport them. I have 180 emblems now, if I see something i'll let you know...
tehMoerz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tehMoerz »

Xemnas Chao wrote:
tehMoerz wrote:Just wanted to say that I have 82 emblems and no jewel chao's... I'm still unlocking the shinys.
And you won't have them, unless they did change the Black Market item listing which I doubt. The only way to get jewel chaos was to buy them on GBA's Tiny Chao Garden and transport them. I have 180 emblems now, if I see something i'll let you know...
:( Okay. I hope there is some way to get them in the Xbox 360/PS3 version....
Trololo?
Xemnas Chao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Xemnas Chao »

Good news guys, the item resell trick is still possible to do. Check this video for how to do it.

This proves one of the differences I posted earlier as false.
Clone
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Clone »

Has anyone else noticed when chao are in the hero garden they seem to get stuck on that one pillar on the left. They'll go to walk away and they can't move. I don't remember that at all in the gamecube version. Also I hate how they were to lazy to give us the Dreamcast gardens! I could care less if they put Big back in his cameos that do nothing (even though they missed Wild Canyon) it really sucks :(
tehMoerz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tehMoerz »

Clone wrote:Has anyone else noticed when chao are in the hero garden they seem to get stuck on that one pillar on the left. They'll go to walk away and they can't move. I don't remember that at all in the gamecube version. Also I hate how they were to lazy to give us the Dreamcast gardens! I could care less if they put Big back in his cameos that do nothing (even though they missed Wild Canyon) it really sucks :(
The pillar thing was a VERY common glitch on the Gamecube. There was several jokes about it. Same thing with the gate piece in the dark garden. As for the gardens, I'm not sure whether you mean the engine or the gardens themselves. If you mean the gardens themselves I agree. That little extra piece of land in the dark garden was really cool.
Trololo?
Clone
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Clone »

tehMoerz wrote:
Clone wrote:Has anyone else noticed when chao are in the hero garden they seem to get stuck on that one pillar on the left. They'll go to walk away and they can't move. I don't remember that at all in the gamecube version. Also I hate how they were to lazy to give us the Dreamcast gardens! I could care less if they put Big back in his cameos that do nothing (even though they missed Wild Canyon) it really sucks :(
The pillar thing was a VERY common glitch on the Gamecube. There was several jokes about it. Same thing with the gate piece in the dark garden. As for the gardens, I'm not sure whether you mean the engine or the gardens themselves. If you mean the gardens themselves I agree. That little extra piece of land in the dark garden was really cool.
Really? Wow lol I spent hours back in the playing SA2 lol how did I not realize that glitch. And yes I mean the actual gardens. They just seemed so much bigger and I love all the extra detail! I really hope they atleast make jewel chao (and even character chao <3 Action Replay) DLC for like 20 or even 80 MSP each. Also is the Maria Theme's too!
tehMoerz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tehMoerz »

Clone wrote:
tehMoerz wrote:
Really? Wow lol I spent hours back in the playing SA2 lol how did I not realize that glitch. And yes I mean the actual gardens. They just seemed so much bigger and I love all the extra detail! I really hope they atleast make jewel chao (and even character chao <3 Action Replay) DLC for like 20 or even 80 MSP each. Also is the Maria Theme's too!
Well, maybe. There is a download content option on the main menu. I downloaded sa2 and the battle upgrade off the market place and that might just be there on the main menu for the battle upgrade so...
Trololo?
Clone
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Clone »

Also I just evolved to chao 2 different chao into different neutral types and it gave me a black cocoon both time :darkcry: lol it only seems to happen with neutral evolution though
imageshack.us/a/img835/7950/chaox.jpg
Supersonic Chao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Supersonic Chao »

Does anyone know if it's possible to get yellow chao in this version? I have 134 emblems and I haven't seen red, yellow, or brown. :cry: I don't really care about the red and brown eggs, but I really need a yellow chao. :surprise:
tehMoerz
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tehMoerz »

Supersonic Chao wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to get yellow chao in this version? I have 134 emblems and I haven't seen red, yellow, or brown. :cry: I don't really care about the red and brown eggs, but I really need a yellow chao. :surprise:
I've seen yellow and red, but not brown.
Trololo?
Supersonic Chao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Supersonic Chao »

tehMoerz wrote:
I've seen yellow and red, but not brown.[/quote]

How many emblems do you have?
Last edited by Supersonic Chao on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.