Sonic Next Gen

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: Sonic Next Gen

Post by cinnamonstyx »

actually kyo is right.
god awful plot aside the fact that they let it through with little to no bug testing is embarrassing.
eboy's seme
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

Techno and Kyo are both right.

It's feces.
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Marine_Chaos_Chao
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: That's just Grand-acious!

Post by Marine_Chaos_Chao »

I like Sonic 06 personally for several reasons. One of them being the reason I started to get into the Sonic fandom. It has my favorite Sonic character, villain period, and character period, Mephiles, and my second favorite Sonic character, Silver. A lot of others favorites are in the game as well, but since these two got their first debut here, I'll mention them.
I got the game itself last week (older brother bought a 360 the same day) and I've finished Sonic's and Silver's Story. So far, I've liked the gameplay. The only things I can complain are three things so far.
First, the only time the loading screen has started to become annoying was Aristole's challange. I was okay with them before, But like 6 maybe 7 loading screens was a bit too much. Otherwise, I'm okay with it. (BTW, I failed on that task, so I have to do it again.)
Second, Sonic's speed levels. The ones where he's automatically running forward. I died twice one the first, three or four times on Radical Trains, and three times on Kingdom Vally. I'll admit, I was being stupid of the third one, thinking the sides were up and down instead of left and right.
Lastly, Blaze. Her attacks are awkward in my case. I was wanting to home attack on multiple enemies, but instead go crazy, or lose control of attacking for a few seconds.
I like the story. It made sense to me. And if there were parts that didn't, making up theories and headcanons are fun. And no talkinng about Elise kissing thing. If you were to check what wakeangel2001 said about that, you may rethink about it.
Like the voices, didn't have any problems with the Silver rival battle, and I haven't died so often. I haven't finished it yet, so my complete opinion on the gameplay isn't set in stone yet.

*sigh in relief* glad I got that off my chest.
'Allo Everyone! I'm Maci-Lena, and I've finally came back...you probably don't care, do you?
I'm a Mephiles fan, and recently an Eclipse fan.
I may decide to do commisions in the future, but for now, CI will be a place to be silly on.
Tails Doll
Master Chao
Master Chao

Post by Tails Doll »

I think it would have made for a great game if it wasn't so rushed. I personally haven't played it, but I doubt it would be worse than Sonic Heroes. If they had the foresight to improve camera angles, physics, clipping and such, I believe it would have made for a great experience. Some graphical improvements could have helped too. I believe that they were trying to go for a more realistic graphical design. Their folly was in making the color pallets similar to the classic cartoonish feel. A darker, more dirtied environment made out of not-so-perfect grass would have been closer to what they were trying to achieve.
MintChaosky
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by MintChaosky »

This game doesn't handle corners very well. And that really makes me mad because I can't touch the ceiling, if I do, camera will get crazy and I can't see anything. :herocry:
Yo.
Marine_Chaos_Chao
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: That's just Grand-acious!

Post by Marine_Chaos_Chao »

So it's been almost a year since I've finished the game. I should now put the rest of my opinion,
I beat Shadow's Story without any game-overs. I almost thought I would in Kingdom Valley and Dusty Desert, but I made it out. The easiest vehicle (besides the hang-glider) for me was the DOOM BUGGY (as I'll call it), as it was easy to master. The air-floaty thing (can't remember for the life of me) is next. Despite it being the most difficult by reviewers standpoint, it wasn't that hard for me. The motorcycle, though, was frustrating.
Shadow was the easiest to control, and Rouge was the same as Knuckles (which wasn't too bad for me.) Omega, though, has become my least favorite one. Back at Dusty Desert, one area had this Iblis Take that I could only beat by homing attack, or by luckily jumping and attacking. Unfortunately, the homing never works for me. So I'm just wasting my time trying to jump and attack, and failing.
The Boss battles, I now notice, are a bit tedious. It's at its worst when you Fight Mephiles Phase 2. I have easily wasted time once the clones himself an upwards spiral. I have never been able to beat him this way, but I did accidently get the final hit while he was on the ground. (and got an S rank for it too.)
And Finale Story wasn't easy to beat. Silver was the one spot I would always Game-over on.

Final thoughts: This game was actually fun, despite my cons for it. Once I move into our new house, I'm playing it again. but I'm NEVER going to 100% complete it. I want to keep my sanity.
'Allo Everyone! I'm Maci-Lena, and I've finally came back...you probably don't care, do you?
I'm a Mephiles fan, and recently an Eclipse fan.
I may decide to do commisions in the future, but for now, CI will be a place to be silly on.