The Many Rings

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Tjchao
Child Chao
Child Chao

The Many Rings

Post by Tjchao »

Hello all! I just wanted to start a thread for sharing strategies to collect as many rings as possible in level. It can be for any game, from Sonic 1 to Sonic Generations.

Here's mine!
Sonic Advance 2:
1. Play Hot Crater, getting all 7 special rings in one or two of the levels.
2. Than you'll be sent to the special stage. This special stage is the easiest, follow the rings to get a multiplier going, and you can rack up almost 800 rings if you're good.
3. You should have gotten about 1000 rings between the level and special stage. Can you say chao egg?! :sway: :herosway: :darksway:
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Re: The Many Rings

Post by PinkIceFox »

Well, I guess in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle I just run through city escape on the find the lost chao challenge. I can easily get 999 rings that way since it goes in a continuous loop and I know the whole thing well enough to not get hurt and lose all the rings.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

SA2B
knuckles/rouge levels.
dig. every. where.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Sonic Adventure DX- use Gamma, go to the hotel, ascend the stairs to where the two buttons are that make the path of rings, and just stand at the top most step, away from the buttons themselves. Position Gamma so when he fires his missile launcher it will hit the ring button. Tap B over and over and over. One ring should appear exactly where Gamma is standing, while another will be picked up when he raises his gun to fire. Continue until you have the desired number of rings. It only takes a few minutes to max out the ring counter at 999, but you still get the rings you pick up afterwards, you can keep track by how many extra lives you get for every hundred rings. When you have the desired amount, proceed to the Emerald Coast and complete the action stage without suffering any damage. Boom- impossibly huge ring bonus.

I stress this can be used for pretty much infinite rings. You can literally keeping going until you break the hidden ring counter and crash the game (that would take hours though, so don't worry about it too much).
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

I have seen that before, but modified to have less needed input. Be Knuckles, have a magnetic shield, step on the switch, and the closest ones will come over to him.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

^I've tried that before, but it takes hours to find a magnetic shield. Using Gamma is much faster and can be done at a whim.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD