opinions on Sonic4EpisodeII?

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
noahthehedgehog
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: An adventure is no fun if it is too easy!

opinions on Sonic4EpisodeII?

Post by noahthehedgehog »

I can´t believe noone else started a topic about this yet(if I am wrong and just did´nt find the topic; shame on me :surprise: ), but I thought it would fit in here well.
Since my Box surprised me with a ring of death the day epII came out, I had to play it on my fathers ipad. well, I don´t like the controls of that version, but-ey-it´s epII, so I had to play it.
good thing my dad also got epI, so I was able to play through episode metal as well.
well, here is what I think: the.best.game.since.s3&k!(I don´t count sadx and sa2b here since you could compare epII better to the old games.) sega managed to do almost anything right this time. it continues with the story of epI very good, they combined old and new elements together to form the best sonic game they could and I think it is good enough. for me, as a first gen sonic fan, no game can be really better than s2 and s3&k. but this one got as close to the old days as possible in my opinion.
played through it till now, but I still have to collect the chaos emeralds(got one at the time).
at the end of the credits, it says "collect all chaos emeralds", so I think it´s gonna be a bit of alternative ending then...let´s see.
edit: for anyone who wants to know if tails still messes with your rings:
Spoiler:
in the special stages he does´nt disturb you anyway, but in the main game, the team actions sometimes do not work how they should(but maybe it´s just the bad controls of the ipad..)
tell me your opinions, even if you only watched the trailers and did not play the game yourself!
the servers are the seven chaos. chaos is power. power is enriched by the heart. the controller is the one that unifies the chaos.
iDontKnow
Master Chao
Master Chao

Re: opinions on Sonic4EpisodeII?

Post by iDontKnow »

Check out TotalBisucit's youtube video for my thoughts, he nailed it on the head.
ImageImageImageImageImage
If I make a post, and you respond, the odds of me even seeing it 0.
ShadouZaHejjihoggu
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by ShadouZaHejjihoggu »

It has nice music. Gameplay is alright. Physics are a lot better. Still a bit on the short side, good re-playability (for me at least.) I'd give it like an 8/10 or something.
btw i cant beat the bailey fight
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Biggest disappointment was the Episode Metal lock-on. I already owned Episode I so I didn't waste money, but playing as Metal Sonic was really a Sonic skin playing through Episode 1 backwards. Considering Knuckles had different abilities in Sonic 3 nearly 20 years ago, the fact Metal literally had nothing to change how levels play is unacceptable and lazy to me. Sure, he's a robotic clone, but I was expecting something unique to him.

But the level design and look of the Episode 2 content is spot on. Definitely worth playing.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
noahthehedgehog
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: An adventure is no fun if it is too easy!

Post by noahthehedgehog »

^hm, I guess episode metal was meant as a gimmick for sonic veterans who wanted a surprise in the story...well, it worked for me. showing how metal sonic got to earth after stardust speedway zone and regained power was cool while it only was supporting the sonic story. but only playing through epI backwards was a little bit repetitive, you are right on that point.
the servers are the seven chaos. chaos is power. power is enriched by the heart. the controller is the one that unifies the chaos.