Sonic Adventure 3 Essentials

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: Sonic Adventure 3 Essentials

Post by Crash32 »

I play Sonic games for the fast-paced speed factor. Personally I hope SA3 utilizes the Hedgehog Engine, as I would love it and it would also piss off all the SA3-wanting nostalgia fags (not referring to anyone else here, just the reaaally adventure obsessed ones like the idiots that complain about eye colour).
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Post by mintdrop »

eh, I'd prefer a more sonic worlds approach, with maybe him/shadow unlocking some of his bouncing and various other abilities. I'm not a big fan of the speed switch button so is prefer if they left that out. they could still have sonic/shadow platforming, just maybe making the controls a little less sensitive/slippy

but I think varied play styles is good. not every character is as fast as sonic. I don't mean in a sonic 06 way where everyone that isn't sonic/blaze/shadow moves at a snails pace but reasonably fast. heck, even big was pretty fast in heroes.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I'll agree that stealth is unlike Sonic, but it fits perfectly with Characters like Espio(A Ninja in his Modern Incarnation and capable of invisibility), Rouge(A trained spy), and Nack(A mercernary and bounty hunter). Hell, the only characters that make sense to be as fast as Sonic himself are Shadow, Metal Sonic, and essentially no one else.

Also, when people suggest Beat-'em up gameplay with Knuckles, I am assuming most want to give him the kind of speed and acceleration he had in the Adventure games or Heroes and expanding on his basic punch-punch-uppercut combo rather than making him as sluggish as the Werehog. At least, that is what I want from Knuckles return to Playable status. Yes, his gameplay would be slower than Sonics, and would focus more on combat than Parkour and acrobatics, but by no means would I want it to be outright slow.

I would like to see Amy return to playable, with a larger repetoire of hammer related skills and better top speed. Perhaps even introduce a mechanic where she has several different hammers, each of which grant her different abilities. For example, She might have one really Heavy Hammer that delivers lots of power(dealing lethal damage to enemies that normally take multiple hits or shatter armor that normally renders and enemy invincible) at the cost of speed and maneverability, while at the opposite extreme, She might have a staff with no hammer head at all that limits her damage potential but allows for lightning fast strikes and hit-and-run style combat. Under such a system, the Piko Piko Hammer would be her default, be the most balanced in terms of stregth and agility, and grant the fewest special abilities. Basically, have Amy take a level in badass and make her the melee weapon user to Knuckles's Brawler. Of course, her Hammer Jump should remain by far the highest jump of all characters, with only characters capable of true flight being able to get more air without launching off of multiple surfaces(On that note, one of her hammers should definately give her a Wall-Jump version of her Hammer Jump). Oh, and of course, get rid of the stalker element of her personality.

Also, I want to play as Cream in a 3D game with Cheese's Chao of Doom attack from Sonic Advance 2 returning in all its glory. Also, SegaCream needs a Crowning Moment of Awesome on par with the beat down her Sonic X counterpart gave Emerl after he went crazy with Chaos Emerald Power.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Everything you said I say yes too, especially the Amy gameplay.
Last edited by Mamkute on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the above post. Since your post is directly following, it is assumed to be a direct reply.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Perfect Chaos
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: The future is not written.

Post by Perfect Chaos »

^ I totally agree.
"The servers are the seven Chaos, chaos is power, power enriched by the heart, the controller is the one that unifies the Chaos."-Tikal, Sonic Adventure