New Sonic Game?

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Real, or not? (Read the post first)

Yes
14%
No
71%
ehhhh?
14%

Total votes: 7

Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: ?

New Sonic Game?

Post by Rentu »

Apparently, there are rumors of a new sonic game with on the rise. Here's the link

Apparently, the game will have teenage clones of a bunch of characters, such as Sonic, Rouge, Knuckles etc, and each clone will have a certain power, Sonic's having electricity, Rouge's will have love, and Knuckles's will have Earth.

The game is going to be inspired by Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, and also Sonic 06. The game will have old AND new chao gardens and also new chao. A tiny chao garden DLC will also be released.

The game, which is called "Sonic Thunderstorm" or "Sonic Blue Thunder" will be released on the Wii U, Xbox One, and PS4, and the TCG DLC will be on the PS Vita and 3DS.

Honestly, I want this to be real, but evidence points it to be fake. The fact that the Nintendo and Sony counterparts get a TCG and not the Windows, makes it a bit suspicious. And the plots itself just seems... Idiotic. Teenage counterparts? Of main characters? With special powers? Seems a bit unreal. Plus, Sonic Lost World was just released, so the fact that this info just happened to LEAK out seems weird.

But what do you think? Post your opinions below And feel free to stat a huge argument about this being real or not let the battles begin
Do these look like the eyes of mercy

Deviant art account!•My art blog
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: New Sonic Game?

Post by Crash32 »

Fake.
Fake fake fake fake fake.

-The odds of having the Hedgehog Engine and all Chao Gardens together is highly unlikely.
-New and Old Chao gardens. Why.
-Standard American names such as "Debra"? Yeah, that certainly fits in with Sonic, Knuckles and Eggman.
-The name makes no sense. 'Sonic: Blue Lightning" makes more sense, but it's still bad. Also, what does it even have to do with the plot.
-They would not suddenly introduce new Hedgehogs. Also, the plot doesn't link with the previous game at all.
-This rumor started mid last year. During the news of Lost World.

Sounds more like something the Chao RPer's here would think up.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Not to mention that it being cross platform would violate the exclusivity contract Nintendo and Sega have going on with Sonic at the moment and the fact that most of the characters are Teenagers to begin with.

Also, a Tiny Chao Garden DLC on 3DS/Vita would violate how those systems are treated in regards to cross platform games. If anything, the Vita would get a SD port of the WiiU version minus Gamepad support and the 3DS would get a significantly watered down version similar to the 3DS versions of Colors, Generations, and Lost Worlds. Also, If it was on both WiiU and PS4/xbone, the absence of a PS360 version seems suspect as well.

As for there being no portable DLC version corresponding to the xbone, that is because the xbone doesn't have a corresponding handheld(Windows Mobile doesn't count). Furthermore, we would see Android and iOS versions before we would see a Windows Mobile version.

In summary, I would have to say that not only is this fake, it is ridiculously obviously fake, and I doubt whoever made it was even attempting to make it convincing, and if they were trying for convincing, I question the interesting mixture of creatvity and lack of intelligence.

That said, One of Eggman's Doomsday devices going horribly wrong and the resulting fall out granting the Heroes elemental powers could make for interesting gameplay if handled right. Then again, a game featuring multiple playable characters and Wisps would accomplish the same thing and be less contrived.

As for Chao returning, as much as I would love that, I think attaching it to the next major Sonic game would be a mistake. Just as many, if not more, loathed the Chao mechanics as loved the little critters and hated that they were required for 100% in the Adventure games. A Stand-alone Chao Raising game would make a lot more sense and would be a perfect download title accross all platforms with no need for anything to be "Tiny". Even the 3DS should be more than capable of supporting the Gamecube Chao Engine, recreations of all the old gardens, and still have plenty of room for new content. Its not like the Chao have anything processor intensive in their code, require much in the way of highly detailed models or textures, and there are already 3DS and Vita gamecards that eclipse the gamecube and Dreamcast discs for space(and consider how little of the game assets the Chao gardens actually account for in the Adventure games to begin with).
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: ?

Post by Rentu »

I agree with both of you. Although the new game would be cool if Sega didn't mess up with it, I think it's too soon for a new game to be announced. It's most possible that some fan that really wanted another Sonic Adventure-esque game made a website with a fake Sonic game.

BUT, if the game IS real, which is near impossible, why would Sega/Nintendo let the news out so quickly? I think it would just make the fans groan out of agony of hearing the news for ANOTHER Sonic game.

And the idea of a portable Chao Garden on the 3DS sounds AMAZING, but if that were to happen, they probably wouldn't make as much profit of a Chao Garden in a Sonic game for a gaming system, since system games are more expensive then portable ones. And Sega and Nintendo would probably want to make the most money possible.
Do these look like the eyes of mercy

Deviant art account!•My art blog
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Chances are, if Sega were to make a stand alone Chao Raising game in the current market, they would focus on digital release accroos several major platforms(Nintendo eShop, PSN, Adroid Market, Apple AppStore, maybe Xbox Live) with a much lower price point than a retail game(say 10 or 15 USD) Only the hardcore Chao fans would be willing to pay full retail for a Chao-only game, and we are too small a market for it to be worth Sega's time. However, with proper marketing towards the more casual gamers, it could be uite profitable as a small-scale digital-only title.

That said, I doubt we ever see an official handheld Chao Garden more advanced than the TCG outside of handheld ports of the Adventure games.

t
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

If this is real, I just want to say that the chao gardens returning is cool, but the plot seems to suck really hard.

Sonic heroes control concept was okay, in some ways, but they would really need to improve it for it to work.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

Crash32 wrote:Sounds more like something the Chao RPer's here would think up.
god i wouldn't have thought about that when i still did that

the next sonic game is going to be a 3ds exclusive, if you remember from the nintendo direct back in may