Sonic Advance

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
TheDerpyEyes
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: This is a motto.

Sonic Advance

Post by TheDerpyEyes »

I love Sonic Advance! When I get off of it I wanna get back on! Just the ring collecting and the Tiny Chao Garden and all of that stuff just, I don't wanna stop playing. The game is just... Is just...

2cool4me :cool: :darkcool: :herocool:

10/10 nostalgia for life
BRIGHT BLUE FOR THE WIN!
Oh noes. Now I am reddieoes.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Sonic Advance

Post by Ivogoji »

Sonic Advance was the first Sonic game I ever played. Good memories.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Tails Doll
Master Chao
Master Chao

Post by Tails Doll »

Sonic Advance was my favorite GBA game, along with the Mega Man Battle Network series. Unfortunately, I triggered the ring collection bug (making it impossible to gather rings anywhere but the minigames) and never successfully fixed it. I really wanted SA 2 for the updated Chao Garden, but could never find a copy of it. To this day I still haven't seen a cartridge in any used game shops.

Also I once created a baby chao and maxed all of its stats before transferring to my GameCube. I liked the novelty of a newborn chao completely wrecking the competition in the chao boxing/racing.
His stat grades were only average and he grew up ridiculously quickly. He ended up evolving into a neutral normal adult since all his stats were equally high.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Sonic Battle is better.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Not sure which out of Advance 2 and Battle to call my favorite GBA Sonic, if only because it's hard to compare games accross genres. Advance 3 had some cool features, but was overall less enjoyable than Advance 2, and Advance 1 is my least favorite of the trilogy. Never owned Pinball Party and barely played it via emulator, so I can't really comment.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I kinda think of the GBA Sonic titles as five parts of a single game. They're all pretty strongly interconnected, but I don't usually compare them against each other, as only Sonic Advance and Sonic Advance 2 actually have the same gameplay. I honestly like the first one better, just because unlocking all the extra content in Advance 2- which requires getting all of the Chaos Emeralds with ALL of the characters- is insanely difficult.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^Yeah, Advance 2 has one of the sorriest reward-to-effort ratios for unlockables of any Sonic game I've ever played. Wouldn't be so bad if the Special stages wheren't so hard or if accessing them didn't require a thorough understanding of level layout, or if the unlockables weren't mostly things that should've been avaialable from the get go. I ultimately ended up using a Gameshark just so I could play as Amy, use the TCG and Time Attack bosses.