Funny stuff that's happened on debug mode

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Fedoras and umbrellas...together at last!

Funny stuff that's happened on debug mode

Post by FedoraBrella Chao »

What are some funny things that have happened to you on debug mode for the classic Sonic games? My friend and I recently got Sonic stuck in a field of spikes on the original. He just kept bouncing, and getting hit, and bouncing, and getting hit...it was great. Item placement wouldn't work either, so we had to reset the console. Another time on Sonic 3 and Knuckles, I spawned a bunch of springs and badniks in Carnival Night Zone, became Hyper Sonic, switched gravity, and turned on the frame cycle. It looked like Hyper Sonic was breakdancing upside down with Tails dying and bouncing over and over again.

What are some funny things that have happened to YOU in debug mode?
Fedoras and umbrellas will always stand beside me!
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Funny stuff that's happened on debug mode

Post by chaoadventures »

The Frame Cycling is already funny, but then I found irrefutable proof that Eggman is a Flicky and he's only worth 100 points.
Apparently, if you stop Knuckles from trying to stop Eggman in Hidden Palace, then Eggman stops moving and you can keep hitting him until he turns into a Flicky.
His head also starts showing up on every block you make with debug.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Fedoras and umbrellas...together at last!

Re: Funny stuff that's happened on debug mode

Post by FedoraBrella Chao »

Ok, in Sonic 3 and Knuckles, I just spawned a bunch of S monitors to be Hyper Sonic, and they were all in one place, and hit them, and I couldn't move or place items, then I pressed Start and it went to Sonic and Knuckles not locked on, and the title demo started, and it's Sonic in Marble Gardens zone, and the game paused and wouldn't do anything until I pressed start, and it unpaused for a few seconds at a time, and Sonic just kept insta-shielding in place...now it's normal Sonic and Knuckles but with 3 and Knuckles' debug and level select, and I tried Ice Cap zone, but it just took me to Mushroom Hill zone, and I can still become Hyper Sonic with S monitors. Then i went to the end of the act, and Sonic's strutting in place while the act ends. WOW.

EDIT: In an attempt to recreate the above, I got WAAAY more than the maximum amount of rings, and the digit in the hundreds slot was a weird sprite, it went from 6 on top of 7, to 4 on top of 5, to 2 on top of 3, to 1 on top of 0, then became E, then I had to go do something else. I'll try this again later to see just how many rings I can get. Since the timer doesn't count while it's in slow-mo mode, I can keep going for more than 10 minutes.

Tails is a monitor now. I have no idea why. He just is. He plays normally, and his tails are still there, but until I got to Hydrocity, his sprite was a monitor with tails.
Fedoras and umbrellas will always stand beside me!