Let’s talk about Sonic Chronicles

Remember the old Sonic Games? Or even the newer ones! Talk about these Sonic games here, whether you are stuck or just want to talk about your favourite game!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 4 days old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
NiGHTSIsLife
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: If you have time to worry, then run!

Let’s talk about Sonic Chronicles

Post by NiGHTSIsLife »

This game was REALLY hard to find, it took me almost a year to get my hands on it. It wasn’t the most striking game out there (even for DS standards), but the Chao system was really cool. The game was too easy, though, and I didn’t feel like replaying it after I beat it.
“Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.”
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Let’s talk about Sonic Chronicles

Post by Ivogoji »

In my mind this will always be the sequel Sonic Battle deserved.

While we probably won't get a Sonic Chronicles 2, it's still possible that we will get game that follows up on the ending the way this one followed up on Battle. Fingers still crossed that Sonic Forces could that game (intentionally or 'accidentally').
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
NiGHTSIsLife
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: If you have time to worry, then run!

Post by NiGHTSIsLife »

I agree. It had a good story.
“Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.”
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

One of my favorites. I believe I got it the day it came out too.

I've replayed it more times than I probably should have, but I never really felt it was an easy game until much later. To be fair, I was like, 6, when the game came out.
I've gotten all 40 of the normal chao since then and almost all of the rings. Never found Norton though.

Really liked the story, I personally think it's one of the best in the series, if not the best.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Cinimodder
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: hey

Post by Cinimodder »

(nocturne music) Yeah, this game is fine. Nope, nothing wrong with it. (music gradually gets louder) Yeah... this, best Sonic game ever. Yeah........ please make it stop...
ImageImage
ImageImage
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by AugustChao »

I admittedly didn't know much about Chronicles until about 2-ish years ago, and I didn't get my hands on it until last year, but for what it was, I think it was pretty good for the first and only Sonic RPG.

I really liked it's battle machanics, especially the parts where you execute and avoid attacks with quick-time events, and it made the battles really fun in my opinion.

As for the story, I thought it was cool and interesting, and although I agree that it would be nice to have a proper conclusion, given the whole Pender's Lawsuit thing and the fact that it came out almost 11 years ago, I highly doubt it'll ever happen.

As for the Chao Garden, although it wasn't the Chao Garden we all wanted, I think the different Chao abilites and character bonding mechanics made it a really cool addition to the gameplay.
Pat Po
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: hello :D

Post by Pat Po »

i played this game in my childhood i found it interesting but i really didn't like some sound effect and some music but other wise it was pretty enjoyable and the gameplay is also very different it use touch screen action for some moves to work i suck at it, other than that i like the cutscene the 3D model was weird and i like the chao systeme and for some who wonder i lost my save file
:omochao:
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

I have a rom of this on my phone, but it keeps resetting so i never get to finish it.
I don't play roms of games i don't own anymore or roms in geberal really anymore though so eh
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing