anybody here good with computers? i need some help

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Wolf
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

anybody here good with computers? i need some help

Post by Wolf »

so here's the story- some time ago (maybe 2-3 weeks back?) i turned my laptop on one day and it was going SOOO SLOOOOW starting up, so i waited forever on it. then later that day it blue screened, i forgot why but i think it had something to do with the memory because i was getting impatient with it, and kind of just had a lot of programs up, and kept clicking them until my computer froze then boop. then this happened again some days ago, then again another week later, then i'm sure one more time weeks ago.
today, everything was working perfectly on my laptop days back, and now when i woke up this morning and turned it on, windows wouldn't start up! so i went and did a system recovery and it went back to may 27th's settings i guess, now it started up windows, just slowly again.
then i got into my account and after some minutes, it blue screened, then now it acted a bit slow, and now it's at normal speed, just a tiny bit slow.

i'm not sure what's going on and before this gets any worse i want to fix it! so heres some info on my laptop- (too lazy to type so heres a screenshot) http://www.iaza.com/work/120529C/iaza12067192126500.png
.. wow i did use up a lot of memory i think.
and here's some information on what i do with my laptop- i usually play games that take up a lot of use haha. i've been playing TERA a lot lately, most hours a day probably 5-8. sometimes on and off. but i've always played games that take up a lot of usage since forever with my laptop (had it for a year now) and it's been fine, so i'm unsure of the issue? i've also never had an anti-virus program for the whole year until now.. heh. i also did a memory test and it passed. TERA is the only game i have installed along with Skyrim i think.
but if you can help me that'd be great! if you need anymore information just ask, thanks!

Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Re: anybody here good with computers? i need some help

Post by Pumpkinium »

I actually have the same problem too, although for me, I think the fact that its doing this is because I have a hidden virus somewhere in here that I've given up on trying to
get rid of. My computer is somewhat slower at times, but its not that noticable. So I really have no idea what to do about it. Although my computer rarely does it.
help me
Coty
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Coty »

There is a crap load of things that could be going on... Is there any sort of program you recently installed? It's a good idea to run a full scan with malware bytes:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Also, use CTRL+ALT+DELETE, then select "task maniger" from the list, then click the active processes tab, if there are anything running that you don't know what it is google it/bing it and read what it is, if it is a virus/trojan/malware/ect. google/bing how you might remove it...

But thats only a franction of what could be going on... but nomally the most likly...
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! ☕︎
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

Coty summed it up, as it sounds like you have a Virus.
The fact you have no antivirus makes it pretty clear, you could at least get one of the free programs, there are many of them out there.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

protip: memory =/= HDD space
but still do a scan
Wolf
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by Wolf »

okay yup it was some dumb malware and i think i got some of it killed; 21 things looool.
still scanning for more though right now, thanks though!

i need to be careful with the pom sites i go onto
Moonstalker
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Moonstalker »

Twili wrote:i need to be careful with the pom sites i go onto
story of my life
SOLTYPE
My Tumblr ~ huge faggot coming through beep beep
Wolf
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by Wolf »

lol okay there was 80 more malware got that killed too

loooool <3
i should be fine now, i'm just gonna run a scan in safe mode though later. thanks guys.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

^ Wow, 101 malware lololol

No prob :)