So have you guys been getting your anime doses?

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

So have you guys been getting your anime doses?

Post by retrolinkx »

If you don't get my title, I was just asking if any of you have been watching any Anime lately? I know we have like 30 of these threads every year or so, but hey, it's nice to ask.

I haven't fully watched a good anime since Darker than Black, I did get through 100 episodes of Pokémon during Summer but I don't count that, and since I had a 3 day weekend, I sort of wanted to get into a good comedic anime.

So I looked it up on Google, and found Angle Beats, which is an incredible 2deep4u metal gear solid anime, which I am sad ended so quickly for me. Everything was 10/10. Story, Visuals, Music, Comedy, and the characters, they are really good, I was sad that it ended, I saw the last episode a few hours ago, and the way each of the characters went away one by one was really sad. The fact they were happy to leave, made sense by was still very sad, that they just disappeared into thin air, and the characters just carried on. I sort of wish they made a sequel or something, but it's been 3 years, so I doubt it.

I just started watching Toaru Majutsu no Index, it's decent, currently on Episode 2.

So, what about you guys?
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Chaoschao
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: So have you guys been getting your anime doses?

Post by Chaoschao »

Lately I've been watching more animé, so yes. Started watching Fairy Tail a few days ago, currently at episode 32.

I also have to catch up with One Piece again. >_<
Have been wanting to catch up, but for some reason I just don't. Now I'm like 15-20 episodes behind. o_o

Other than that I've watched other animé such as Haganai and Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Or go check my profile on MyAniméList (link in sig.) if you want to see what the heck I've been watching.

I've wanted to watch Toaru Majutsu no Index. Could you tell me if it's good, once you get further?
Call me Chi|ISFJ|Discord: #9761|Feel free to add me!
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

^

Yeah sure, I'll probably get through most of it today.

The setting is nice, but it has a slow and confusing start, and it ended on a cliffhanger in the first episode, so yeah. I can't tell you much.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

A few months ago, I listened to all 70 episodes of the Nelvana dub of Cardcaptor Sakura, along with the English dubs of both movies. Would like to give the Animax dub a listen, but finding non-American English dubs has proven difficult. I would watch the fansubs, but my vision is nowhere near allowing me to properly watch anime, much less read subtitles. Also listened to the English dubs of Ronin Warriors and Lucky Star around that same time.

Have been listening to Bleach, Naruto, Soul Eater, and Inu-Yasha on Toonami, and will be adding One Piece to that list when it rejoins their line-up.

Still following Doremi-Fansubs' releases of Ojamajo Doremi, though I have been reduce to requesting scripts to have my screen reader read to me instead of properly watching them. I had been doing similiar with their release of Precure, but gave up after finishing Smile as their Precure scripts lack information on who is speaking each line, and it is a more action-oriented franchise.

Thinking of taking a nostalgia trip and listening to the English dubs of Digimon since I never got the chance to do so with the subs I have on my harddrive.

Any recommendations for Dubbed anime I could listen to? Especially anything in the Mahou Shoujo genre other than what Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailormoon, and what 4Kids butchered?
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

You can always watch anime that people talk about here, Angel Beats is good, but I'm not sure if you'd like it.

Also Jeffery, I never asked. What is wrong with your vision? You seem to be able to read words, but not look at pictures and such?
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

i believe he uses a screen reader

anyway uh chu2 is actually really good. senyuu is pretty damn hilarious as well. i've been meaning to watch mirai nikki and evangelion lately but i'm lazy.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

@Retro: My right retina detached in infancy, rendering me blind in that eye for most of my life. My Left retina detached last summer, and I underwent surgery to reattach it in October and December. As of my last check-up, what they managed to reattch was still attached, and I seem to be recovering well, but I am only about 4-1/5 months into a recovery period that is estimated to take at least a year, and at the very least, I am looking at additional surgery to remove the silicone oil they use to hold the retina as it heals and to install a new lens as they had to remove the original lens to gain access to my retina. At present, when my eye is in a good mood, I can see well enough to navigate by sight, but I am prone to partial or complete fogging of my vision, random bright spots the persist even in total darkness, and a photosensitivity that has me wearing sunglasses in doors and keeping my eyes shut behind sunglasses when I go outside. I have been incapable of fucusing well-enough to read even large print since the first surgery, and lost the ability to read standard sized text shortly after the vision problems started. I continue to use a computer via the use of screenreading software, though all it can get from images are their alternate text, which in the case of images posted to these forums is the word image. On a more positive note, at the same time that it was discovered that my left retina had detached, it was confirmed that I have regained light perception in my right eye, including being able to detect motion and color, and I might undergo surgery to correct my nearly opaque right cornea in hopes that it might give me a usable amount of vision in my right eye.

In the meantime, I am restricted to merely listening to anime, and my knowledge of Japanese is far too inadequate for me to get anything out of listening to RAWs, and I know no mediaplayer capable of reading softsubs, much less hardsubs.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

I'm currently following Devil Survivor 2. I'm planning on watching Nichijou.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Spoiler:
Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:@Retro: My right retina detached in infancy, rendering me blind in that eye for most of my life. My Left retina detached last summer, and I underwent surgery to reattach it in October and December. As of my last check-up, what they managed to reattch was still attached, and I seem to be recovering well, but I am only about 4-1/5 months into a recovery period that is estimated to take at least a year, and at the very least, I am looking at additional surgery to remove the silicone oil they use to hold the retina as it heals and to install a new lens as they had to remove the original lens to gain access to my retina. At present, when my eye is in a good mood, I can see well enough to navigate by sight, but I am prone to partial or complete fogging of my vision, random bright spots the persist even in total darkness, and a photosensitivity that has me wearing sunglasses in doors and keeping my eyes shut behind sunglasses when I go outside. I have been incapable of fucusing well-enough to read even large print since the first surgery, and lost the ability to read standard sized text shortly after the vision problems started. I continue to use a computer via the use of screenreading software, though all it can get from images are their alternate text, which in the case of images posted to these forums is the word image. On a more positive note, at the same time that it was discovered that my left retina had detached, it was confirmed that I have regained light perception in my right eye, including being able to detect motion and color, and I might undergo surgery to correct my nearly opaque right cornea in hopes that it might give me a usable amount of vision in my right eye.

In the meantime, I am restricted to merely listening to anime, and my knowledge of Japanese is far too inadequate for me to get anything out of listening to RAWs, and I know no mediaplayer capable of reading softsubs, much less hardsubs.
Ah I see, that's pretty bad man. Well, if you do lose your sight in your right eye again, wear an eye patch like Big Boss.
Last edited by Maple on Wed May 08, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please try to condense large quotes next time. Thanks! :)
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Every anime that i've watched a bit of i enjoyed, the list includes
  • Keroro Gunsou
  • Ultimate Muscle (currently watching)
  • Glass Fleet
  • Kekkaishi
  • FMA: Brotherhood
  • FMA (mainly the movies)
  • One Piece
  • Soul Eater
  • The original 2 Digimon series
  • All three dragonball series
  • Asu No Yoichi
And probably others that I can't remember off the top of my head

I want to watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica but I'm lazy
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

I've literally got 2 disks with every episode of Aria: The Scarlett Ammo and I've yet to finish it. I don't have the attention span to read and watch at the same time.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Albatross
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by Albatross »

I don't really get the whole appeal of anime. But my friend calls me Lithuania, which is apparently a thing in some anime.
mraow
Mana
Master Chao
Master Chao
Motto: unintelligible mumbled/yodeled gibberish

Post by Mana »

The only animes I've watched within the passed 12 months is Evangelion 3.0 and I'm rewatching Zoids: New Century Zero for like the sixth time in my life.
When CI sucks come *here*. Skype: indicus.morpheus 3DS: 0216-1357-9970
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

I watched some Dragon Ball Z.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

I saw the first few episodes of F-ZERO: GP LEGEND, but I can't find the English subbed/dubbed versions of the rest of the series. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that'd be cool.
Nirvana
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Booty butt cheeks! booty booty butt cheeks!

Post by Nirvana »

Nah, I haven't seen any anime since I left here. Lawl. I don't really have time, and I'm not in a setting I'd feel comfortable watching it. Hopefully, after things pick up I'll be able to again.
Gondi
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Gondi »

Minus the fact that I want to punch the main character, Index is really good.(My icon currently is Accelerator from it) Another great anime I've been watching recently would be Attack on Titan. It's only six episodes in but it really seems like it's going to be one of the best series out there. Seriously if you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favour and watch the first episode; you won't be disappointed.
ChaoBreeder2440
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by ChaoBreeder2440 »

I'm watching Date A Live, RDG: Red Data Girl, Oreimo, Joshiraku, Hataraku Maou-sama, ****** Ouji to Warawanai Neko, Photokano, Karneval, Shingeki no Kyojin, Zettai Bouei Leviathan, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru, Devil Survivor 2, and Suisei no Gargantia.

I've seen Angel Beats, Bakemonogatari, Black Rock Shooter, Bleach, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai, Cowboy Bebop, Elfen Lied, Fooly Cooly, Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood included), Inu x Boku Secret Service, Kaiji, Kokoro Connect, Mirai Nikki, Nichijou, Samurai Champloo, Spice and Wolf, Sword Art Online, Toradora, Vividred Operation, Wolf's Rain. I'm not sure if Akira counts since it's a movie.

I've been wanting to watch Evangelion. I tried watching Lucky Star and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya but I just couldn't get into them.

i probably missed some stuff here

EDIT: I forgot, I've seen Yu Yu Hakusho too.
Last edited by ChaoBreeder2440 on Mon May 27, 2013 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor! Doctor!
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Doctor! Doctor! »

Well I never really watch anime. There are only I handful that I have actually watched and enjoyed throughout the years. My personal favorite is Cowboy Bebop.
Hi.
pokemonlove33 wrote:I'M SARAH NOT RON PAUL, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A RON PAUL IS
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Post by Enzo03 »

I haven't watched any in a while. My favorites are Cowboy Bebop and Macross Plus, but I haven't watched them in ages either because.. well, I've seen them plenty of times.
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Is Macross Plus good? I've heard of it, but I never watched it.

Cowboy Bebop was amazing though.
Mano23
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Mano23 »

I saw The World God Only Knows recently, that one was quite good, I enjoyed the manga too.

Some of the greatest anime I've seen recently includes Toradora and Waiting in the Summer, with Chuunibyou, YuruYuri, and Hyouka being ones that I've been watching recently.

If you don't mind the mildly depressing theme, I would really suggest Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father.

Comedy goes to Baka To Test. Hands down. Just everything about it.
I got Pokémon X. 3DS FC: 5026-4904-9435
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

So I've been watching Evangelion nonstop lately.
I finished the anime in two days, watched The End of Evangelion shortly after, and watched Rebuild 1.0 last night. Rebuild 2.22 and Rebuild 3.0 are downloading right now so yeah
Mana
Master Chao
Master Chao
Motto: unintelligible mumbled/yodeled gibberish

Post by Mana »

Riku wrote:So I've been watching Evangelion nonstop lately.
I finished the anime in two days, watched The End of Evangelion shortly after, and watched Rebuild 1.0 last night. Rebuild 2.22 and Rebuild 3.0 are downloading right now so yeah
You have no idea how much you and Will are making me happy by watching Eva.
When CI sucks come *here*. Skype: indicus.morpheus 3DS: 0216-1357-9970
cloudchaoclan
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao
Motto: determined

Post by cloudchaoclan »

I started watching seasonal anime again recently. I'm following HenNeko, Yuyushiki, and Photo Kano for now.
wuz fun -_^