So have you guys been getting your anime doses?

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Re: So have you guys been getting your anime doses?

Post by retrolinkx »

Well, started watching Trigun after seeing the opening of it on a youtube video and thinking "Damn, that looks cool. I gotta watch this."

Not disappointed since, all my favourite tropes are in this and has a lot of comedic moments so I love it.

Additionally, started to watch Space Dandy as well. I know I'm late to the party on this one, but it's really damn good.

Started reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as well.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

Erm. My friend Jocelyn, Beam and Yukki influenced me alot and now I watch animes because those three really liked them so... I watch Fairytail, Soul Eater and pretty soon Naruto and Dragonball Super. Yeh.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

i finished kill la kill recently, good deconstruction of that genre, didn't take it seriously when people were first telling me about it last year

akatsuki no yona or yona of the dawn, because wow aren't the men cute as a button also it's refreshing to have a female protagonist i can identify with at least metaphorically. i'm older than the target shojo audience probably, but at least it grabs me... now if only one of the boys

okay that's really it right now
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

been actually keeping up with Fullmetal alchemist and now im going through the brotherhood anime. I actually really like it, but im not sure if it will hook me on anime as a whole.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Watching: Pokemon XY, Witchblade
Watching on Toonami: everything except Naruto actually, but mostly Akame ga kill and Parasyte.
Want to watch: Dragon Ball Super, Medaka Box
I may or may not read the manga for Medaka Box instead of watching the anime, since that's generally the less problematic option for me. On the other hand I already have a lot of comics on my plate anyway, plus I really like the animation style of Medaka Box so I'll probably just end up watching it after I finish Witchblade.
Similarly I don't know if I want to watch Death Note or read the manga, but I'll probably watch the anime because I like the soundtrack so much.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Gaon
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Gaon »

Been watching

One Punch man: Doesn't need much explanation, one punch from Saitama and you're good as gone.
Itoshi No Muco: it's an anime about a dog, slice of life, not the best animation but who doesn't like dogs.
Kaiketsu Zorori: it's an anime for kids about a fox and 2 small boars trying to get a castle for themselves.
Osomatsu-San: An anime about sextuplets (formerly osomatsu-kun which first anime was made in 1966, this is pretty much a reboot/continuation), pretty funny and looks so unique.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

I started and finished Clannad and After Story last month. Gotta say for the saddest anime ever, it seemed more like a romantic slice of life comedy with a sad moment every 10 episode or so, whereas After Story was just sadness from episode 16 onwards which wasn't even that sad in the end.

Finished Space Dandy as well. 10/10 anime. Would recommend.

Finished the first part of Jojo, now I'm reading Part 2: Battle Tendency. I preferred Jonathan to Joesph, but Joe has grown on me due to his comedic ways of handling fights.

Still trudging through Trigun. Currently on episode 16.

I also watched the first episode of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but it's kinda boring. Only 109 episode to go.
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

I unfortunately haven't watched any anime besides Dragon Ball Super since November. :herocry:
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Might as well bump.

Currently reading Part 7 of Jojo. Honestly, it's picking up now. It had an interesting start but a boring intro with the first race and the second, but now that there is a plot emerging. I think I can really start to enjoy this. It's apparently one of the best arcs.

Just finished Season 1 of Kaiji. Now, that's a good anime. I enjoyed Restricted Rock Paper Scissors a lot more than E-Card and the final lot draw. I thought that the anime was going to only be on the ship, and that it would be about going up levels with different sets of games and with several winners coming out on top. I would've preferred that, but the anime was great none the less. Currently watching Season 2.

I've spent the last month or so getting through Psycho Pass. Now that's a meh anime. Nothing interesting or impressive happens. It's what I'd expect from an anime with that premise. Although the characters are interesting. Currently on Season 2, but even that's starting to become boring.

I should get up to date with Prison School, I am a Hero, and My Daily Lives with Monster Girls. I haven't been reading them for about three months now.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Currently watching Overlord when I can. It's what Sword Art Online should have been. A dude with a Skeletor avatar falls asleep while playing his DMMORPG on the day the servers are to be shut down, and when he wakes up the game and everything in has become real. The NPCs in his Guild's base pledge their loyalty to him, and he decides to live up to his role as an overlord and take over the world (which is in rough shape and could use some new management). The protagonist is basically a decent person rather than a real villain, so the audience never loses sympathy for him, but the anime stays delightfully committed to the premise that we're following a video game final boss's rise to power. The show balances a fairly dark plot with humor and a bit of poking fun at fantasy RPG tropes. I strongly recommend it to anyone who thought other shows with a similar premise were disappointing.

I've also been watching a classic 80s anime called Cat's Eye. It's about three sisters who are gentlemen thieves by night, trying to steal back the scattered pieces of their late father's art collection. I'm a sucker for anime from this era and phantom thief stories in general, so I fell in love with Cat's Eye very quickly. Cat's Eye had a big impact on later anime that I recognize now in retrospect (Ghost in the Shell has an episode that is a big shoutout to this series, and MOUSE borrows heavily from the cliches that originated here) which is another thing that makes watching it enjoyable.

In terms of manga, I just bought the seventh volume of Monster Musume (no kidding, right?), and recently got back into reading Mahou Sensei Negima! as well. I'm in the part of Negima! where Ako is finally getting character development after being a background fixture for more than a hundred chapters. She even lampshades it, saying she's only in a supporting role and cool stuff isn't supposed to happen to her.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Still reading part 7 of Jojo. I've been reading it on and off recently, no real reason why. It's funny since I finished part 6 in 2 days, yet part 7 is taking me a month and a half to barely pass the 10th volume of the 24 volume pack.

Finished Kaiji last month. Loved it so much, it had the perfect mix of suspense, humour, great characters and amazing turnabouts that I love in the anime.Season 3 never sadly, but it's still something to watch if you love stuff about characters getting themselves from the lowest point of their lives back on top.

I started watching Bokurano. It's about a group of kids having to command a giant robot and win fights with other robots or earth will be destroyed. As cliché as it is, I actually really enjoy it because it gives the person watching it a time to invest in each and every characters before they fight, and has some real emotional moments as well. Not going to lie, the person behind it loved to put these kids in sexual situations and it's really weird to watch half the time.

Incidentally, I spent 8 hours watching Jojo Part 1 and 2 with friends because one of them hadn't seen it before, and we wanted to get him into it. It was only going to be one episode, but we somehow made it through Part 1 and half of Part 2 before I left.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Recently started Diebuster partly on wic's recommendation.

If it shows that Gunbuster was from the same era as Nadia Secret of Blue Water, then it really REALLY shows that Diebuster is from the same era as Gurren Lagann. It's style is very different from the original OVA. While I would have liked an aesthetic that harkened back to Gunbuster, I can appreciate Diebuster's look for what it is. Besides the art, the general tone of the sequel is quite different too. For one thing the characters have superpowers in Diebuster; in Gunbuster humans were normal, and the technology was pretty grounded (a far cry from Evangelion and Gurren Lagann). There are also many other more cartoonish touches, like the talking cat or the new Buster Machine having an expressive face. But that's fine, it gives this story something unique to work with and helps establish how radically alien the distant future is compared to our own time.

Overall I think I'll enjoy Diebuster, though probably not as much as I enjoyed Gunbuster.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Since I mentioned Digimon in the general animation thread, I've finished the Myotismon arc. Might Marathon the Dark Masters Arc this weekend, but I really should be working on my Ethics in Computer Science paper that's due Tuesday.
dustyoni
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: ayylmao

Post by dustyoni »

I've been watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (I'm way behind) and the One Punch Man OVAs as they come out.
Really liking Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress so far too!
I'm also watching Urusei Yatsura and rewatching Sailor Moon and Inuyasha periodically.

OH!
I also watched this old OVA(?) with my husband the other night called Space Family Carlvinson / Uchuu Kazoku Carlvinson
And omg it's so cute, I love it. I love everything about it.
*link withheld*
Last edited by Nano on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not link to websites that post illegal content. This includes roms, music, movies, tv shows, etc.
:darkblink: :blink: :heroblink:
party time
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I just finished watching Dimension W subbed on Hulu and I love it far too much.

I'm also regularly rewatching Digimon and keeping with the the disappoint that has been Digimon Adventure tri.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
shotabunnyfairy
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Well aint'chu a looker?

Post by shotabunnyfairy »

Osomatsu-San! I love it a lot. It's been awhile since a good anime has come out that's funny and lighthearted. (Although, I admittedly haven't been watching everything lately, Osomatsu-San was one of them that appealed to me however.)
Aruesso
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by Aruesso »

still waiting for specific air dates for Love Live! Sunshine! because i recently finished watching School Idol Project and Hoo Boy i am excited... the Koi ni Naritai Aquarium PV was so good also ;__;
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Oh damn, I forgot about this topic.

To update on old things.

Up to date with Jojo Part 8
Finished Bokurano
Up to date with I am a Hero
Started and Finished a manga called My Balls! (Perfect for anyone who wants a humourous 18+ love story involved the devil being trapped in the MC's testicle.)
Started reading Beserk but haven't truly got around to it.

Finished Akagi a few days ago, boy do I hate Mahjong. It was still pretty cool to watch, shame it ended on a cliffhanger because it's not finished, and to this day the final Mahjong battle is taking 10 years to end.

I also started to read Kaiji since Season 3 never, and lo' and behold it's about Mahjong. This guy LOVES his Mahjong. Akagi was about it, Ten was about it. Hell, I imagine his baseball manga has it in there as well.

Also thinking of making a Manga 3x3 to go with my Anime one, but I've only read like 10 manga's not counting 8 parts of Jojo.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

My current ongoing series are Hero Academia and Dragon Ball Super. DBS is okay, the new arc is interesting, but its animation is kinda meh quality. Hero Academia is probably the anime of the year for me, it's excellent, as is the manga. The manga is currently ongoing but the anime is on hold and I don't know when season 2 will start.

I'm also watching One-Punch Man. It's really great. Saitama has some amazing expressions, and the theme is super good, it always gets me pumped up.

I'd watch Kinnikuman, but I have no idea where to find subbed episodes of the original Throne Scramble arc, the only arc I really want to watch since I read the manga up to that point. You think the voice actor for Goku still voicing him to this day is impressive? Kinnikuman started as an anime in 1983, and the original VA for Kinnikuman has been voicing him ever since, up to 2009 (the latest game I could find that has voice acting in it). That's almost 40 years.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

every time i see someone bump the anime topic, i die slightly. anime is a sin........ repent........
help me
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^That's a pretty strongly worded objection, mind providing insight on why you condemn the popular culture of an entire nation?

Anyways, recently made it to the last season of Ranma 1/2. Once I'm done with Ranma, I'll probably either continue with Digimon 02, finish the original Speed Racer, or continue with the first season of the Megaman Battle Network anime. I should probably also start on the Light Novels of Sword Art Online soon considering I've pretty much exhausted the rest of my reading list without buying more audiobooks.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Recently watched: Overlord, Samurai Champloo, Dragon Ball Z: Dead Zone, Pokemon The Return of Mewtwo

Currently watching: Hunter x Hunter, Pokemon XYZ, One Piece, Musaigen no Phantom World, Highschool DxD, Sekirei, Cat's Eye, and Ojisan to Marshmellow.

Still having a headache of a time trying to stream Medaka Box and Dragon Ball Super. I guess I have enough shows to tide me over in the mean time though.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:^That's a pretty strongly worded objection, mind providing insight on why you condemn the popular culture of an entire nation?
because 80% of the anime i see is some kind of bad. i get irritated by a lot of common tropes or aesthetics of anime. a lot (not all, but a lot) of people in the fandom of anime watching in general are cringy, loud, or irritating people. thus i condemn everything as terrible for a simple answer until something is proven actually worth my attention. id also like to mention this is only regarding english-speaking people.
help me
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: My ego will blot out the Sun.

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

Watching the best anime ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr6Fo6wPoPs
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

^ I like how half of the video is a credits sequence. For a cartoon intro video. Using the cartoon intro's theme.

Also I know Kappa Mikey is actually trash and has some of the lowest grade flash animation on the planet, up there with My Life Me as one of the worst pseudo-anime shows in a generation, but I'll be damned if I didn't love the show growing up. The theme is also insanely good. It's also really hard to not see Mikey as Fry after watching all of Futurama.

Pumpkinium wrote:
Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:^That's a pretty strongly worded objection, mind providing insight on why you condemn the popular culture of an entire nation?
because 80% of the anime i see is some kind of bad. i get irritated by a lot of common tropes or aesthetics of anime. a lot (not all, but a lot) of people in the fandom of anime watching in general are cringy, loud, or irritating people. thus i condemn everything as terrible for a simple answer until something is proven actually worth my attention. id also like to mention this is only regarding english-speaking people.
Then why bother posting in the thread if you're so against the idea in the first place?
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa