50th Anniversary of the "I Have a Dream" Speech.

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

50th Anniversary of the "I Have a Dream" Speech.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

Today is the 50th Anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr's famous, "I Have a Dream Speech".

What are your thoughts/opinions on his speech? How important do you think this day was? Any Comments?

I can't believe it was 50 years ago... Wow.
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Re: 50th Anniversary of the "I Have a Dream" Speech.

Post by Snowy »

I normally don't talk about this because I don't see the difference if you're colored or not.
But I feel that he did a good job on giving humanity this message.
Rentu
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: ?

Post by Rentu »

I think that if he hadn't gone through the hard work of presenting and reciting that speech, we might not live in the equal society we have today, and I thank him for that. Some of my closest friends are different races than I am, I couldn't imagine not having them in my life.
Do these look like the eyes of mercy

Deviant art account!•My art blog
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

I think we would be at about the same level of equality today with or without the speech. It was the rally, and many, many other contributing factors that lead to our current racial equality level (not saying fully equal, just, closer than then.) The speech itself just really goes to show that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was a great speaker, a great leader of the movement, and it stands today, and will for a long time, as a great work.

Nacho, you sound surprised about it being 50 years ago, like you remember it and are thinking about all the progress you have seen, just the thing is, I am certain no one on this site does remember 50 years of racial advancement, or 50 years in general. Not nagging at you, I just thought it funny.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

My dad was 21 when this speech was originally presented, and he is one of the oldest living persons I know well enough to place a voice with a name(my fiancee's Grandmother is in her Eighties and is the oldest living person I know that well). So yeah, I doubt I know anyone who was even present, and the chances aren't good that I know anyone who heard the original broadcasts.
MoonDancer
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by MoonDancer »

This man had a great heart.
One of my friends is from China & I know a boy who has Dark skin and he's really nice.
Martin Luther was a Great Man and is up there along with All of people who made a difference to the world.

And Mamkute must remember that,every ONE person makes a difference,and Martin Luther King got a LOT of people to join him in making a difference.
Image I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a Freak. So I've been a Freak all my Life and I have to live with that,you know. I'm one of those people.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Had to be done. Even though YTMND is damn near dead.

What a coincidence, us learning about MLK in History and now it's the 50th anniversary of the speech.
Mamkute wrote: Nacho, you sound surprised about it being 50 years ago, like you remember it and are thinking about all the progress you have seen, just the thing is, I am certain no one on this site does remember 50 years of racial advancement, or 50 years in general. Not nagging at you, I just thought it funny.
I don't remember it, but I did learn a lot about it in History. Tough times, couldn't imagine how bad it was.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

Mamkute wrote: Nacho, you sound surprised about it being 50 years ago, like you remember it and are thinking about all the progress you have seen, just the thing is, I am certain no one on this site does remember 50 years of racial advancement, or 50 years in general. Not nagging at you, I just thought it funny.
Now that I read it over, I guess I did make it sound as if I was there to experience it. XD

I'm just surprised that it was 50 years ago. That's a pretty long time in my opinion, even if I wasn't there to witness the actual thing. :3
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.