Favorite Manga

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Re: Favorite Manga

Post by Dr. Roivas »

i havent really read any manga but i seriously want to get into berzerk

so i guess thats something
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

A manhwa I forgot to include in my earlier list:

Now along with its prequel that has such a weird(by US standards) title and my fiancee and myself refer to it exclusively as Now's prequel.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I don't read that much manga. There are a few books I've followed but I never got into them that much. The only one I've read in the past that I really want to read all the way through is Mahou Sensei Negima. I've also considered getting into Pokemon Special and Soul Eater, but I haven't read either yet.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Fandral
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by Fandral »

Dr. Roivas wrote:i havent really read any manga but i seriously want to get into berzerk

so i guess thats something
Berserk is amazing.

That and Gantz are my two favorite.
I've enjoyed most of the time I've spent here, I hope my actions have not ruined such an experience for anyone else.
Aruesso
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by Aruesso »

oh right junji ito
i read all of uzumaki and that stuff is pretty wild
i still need to read the tomie series
Stelly
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Stelly »

Currently it's a tie between Mob Psycho 100 and One Piece.

I've also been getting into this Josei manga called "Real Clothes". It's a breath of fresh air compared to most shojou manga I've read in the past :herosurprise: : http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/real-clothes-r2699
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

I like the new one called "I like Trains"
ZeroAlpha
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: ⍟ Prince Dignity ⍟

Post by ZeroAlpha »

Keroro Gunso, Pokemon [Mystery Dungeon], and Yume Nikki are the only manga I've ever read (to my memory), being that I'm not an avid anime/manga person. I liked all three, so I suppose they're my favorites by default?

EDIT: I also forgot about the standalone manga arcs of Erin Hunter's Warriors.
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: bupsting makes me feel good

Post by Pentagrami »

hey dudes i've been reading some more and i got some stuff to share

Gigantomakhia or Gigantomaxia: A short manga written and executed by the man behind Berserk, from what I understand it takes place in the future of the same universe. I have yet to read Berserk so I'm not sure how the story ties in but Gigantomakhia is amazing on it's own. It presents a story that although leaves us with many questions, it manages to catch out attention by insinuating the answers through an expertly developed ambiance of familiarity. The main character of this story is a man named Delos with a bear-like yet extremely gentle appearance who travels through the desert with a young girl called Prome. Revealing any more would be spoilers, but believe me, this manga is worth the hour or two it'll take you to read through it.

Shokugeki no Soma: Soma's Cooking, a cooking manga, follows the life of the titular Soma. This manga is really funny and carries an overall lighthearted feeling, but when it gets serious it gets serious, after all, Soma is enrolled in one of the best cooking schools in the world, where everything is decided through cooking showdowns. If you want to get into it, I advice you catch up as soon as possible, because one of the most interesting things about Shokugeki no Soma is how expertly it manages to rise your expectations for the next issue at the end of each chapter, specially during the cooking battles. Another good reason to read it is that one actually learns a lot about food! The author often goes on trips to learn more about cooking and he incorporates this knowledge into the manga, if you try any of the recipes shown i'm sure you won't be disappointed!

the rest at R-18 so they are going under the cut:
Spoiler:
Wolf Guy: Ookami no Monshou: The thrilling story of a werewolf dealing with Japanese delinquents. Akira Inugami is a middleschool student born a werewolf, thus he possesses an indestructible body, able to turn into a wolf at will, more powerful as the new moon draws closer. Being a noble wolf, Inugami hates fighting and he just takes beatings with a grin on his face, which causes the rage of the gangs in school. This manga is an absolute masterpiece, with a main character that isn't sure if what he's doing is right and a villain so evil he will scare the feces out of you, however it is certainly explicit, showing nudity and dealing with strong sexual themes and there is of course, gore.

Onani Master Kurosawa: A short doujin (idependent, not artistically explicit) about a boy in highschool who can only masturbate in the girls bathroom, or else it's not enough for him. One day he is found out by a classmate and will be forced to dive into a life of blackmail, bullying, heartbreak and regret. Will Kurosawa be able to find redemption? Will he remain an anonymous avenger forever? If you want to know the answer to these questions please read this manga! It's only 31 chapters and like mentioned before not visually explicit, even sfw.
im jimmy pentagrami aka grami
firetruckz 2 hes bac wrote:Ghostbupsters
when will dilen come back from the war???......
SilverRabbit
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: We're going to the ark, so I guess that means we- crud

Post by SilverRabbit »

Name: Yu-Gi-Oh
Age rating: 13+
Why I like: Mainly because it is fun to read and is really well made, can't really say much more to explain.

Name: Cardcaptor Sakura
Age rating: For all.(I think)
Why I like: I like it because it was the first manga I ever read and its in the magical girl and romance genre. I kind of like that category because they are usually fun to read. Also because I like the creature called Cerberus, who is so cute!!

Them two are my favourites. :)
Weird person who likes cartoons, pink and video-games.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Gonna bump this for discussion purposes.

I've been reading a lot more Manga, and if I had to choose some of my favorites they would be.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

The one thing I loved about this was that it was just pretty action packed throughout, had a really cool cast of characters (including three jojo's) and that it was oddly peaceful for a lot of it. Josuke, Jotaro and Joseph were all part of it in someway or another, and there was just a lot going on. It improved upon the bad guy of the week formula seen in Part 3 and didn't completely give us a new cast like Part 5 did. It was fun to read, plus the stand users would weren't even using their powers for evil was a nice realistic touch. If you could make food that could heal people, why use that for evil, why not use it to open a restaurant? I honestly loved Kira as a bad guy since he actually killed Jotaro, Josuke and others. He was damn near perfect.

Koe no Katachi

I think everyone's heard of this so far, but if you haven't it's a story about a kid who bullied a deaf girl while she was young and pretty much hurt her for life. He meets up with her years later to apologize before decided to kill himself, although they become good friends instead and he decided to live his life for her and try to become a more friendlier open person. It's really cute and loving and honestly worth a read or watch since it's now a film.

Strongest Man Kurosawa

A story about a 44 year old construction worker who is tired of being alone and friendless. He decides he is going to change that, but in the process gets caught up in a fight with some school kids and tries his best to lead a normal life while being attacked by kids left and right. It's a heart wrenching story of a man who just wants to be accepted by his friends and colleges but fails at many given opportunities. It's worth a read since it's also really short (90 chapters)

Oretama

Oretama is a hilarious story about the devil being trapped inside of a 19 year old's balls after a practice of sealing away evil failed. He has to make sure not to "release" her for a month otherwise the world will end. The story revolves around the devil sending many people to try and "release" the devil from his balls, including Succubus's and even herself in a dream. It's an 18+ story though kids, so don't read it if you're younger than the MC.

Oyasumi Punpun

Choco pretty much said what needs to be said about this manga. But yes, it's worth a read.

Ten

Made by the same guy as Kurosawa. It's a Mahjong manga about two sides competing against each other for control of Mahjong Parlors around Japan. It sounds boring, and if you don't understand Mahjong then it is. But if you do, give it a read. It's a great story that shows the psychological and gambling aspects of Mahjong together.

I'd put Kaiji up here, but I consider it more of an Anime than manga.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Vaporwave
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Vaporwave »

my favorite manga is go nagai's devilman

Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Tenchi Muyo, watched it as a kid and fell in love with it. I even watched the english dub out of respect for my nostalgia.

Right now I'm reading My Monster Secret, incredible story, I'd definitely recommend it.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I'm close to finishing Seikon no Qwaser. The quality last few volumes is exceptionally strong, I hope the final arc can keep up the momentum. This is probably my favorite manga.

Not an actual manga, but Fred Perry's Gold Digger, a manga-style comic book, has been my main fix for comics lately. Good stuff.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

^

Tomo's cute