Help me come up with a haircut!!!!

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Help me come up with a haircut!!!!

Post by Rajikaru »

Hey! I didn't see you there.

So, my hair is now long. Very long. I want a haircut long.

The only thing is, I've always, in my 19 years of life, gotten my hair just "cut" by a local old man barber, and I've never once like how it came out. Now that I'm an adult, it's time to get a haircut that I like, essentially I want to get it styled, so I'm going to go to a local Hair Salon.

The only problem is, I've never actually considered hairstyles for myself before, and usually i just went with what I liked - think later seasons Ned Bigby from Ned's Declassified for longer hair, and early Weezer (Blue album-ish) Rivers Cuomo for shorter hair.

That's where you folks come in. I want you guys (those of you who are knowledgeable about fashion and being considered "cute" by girls anyways) to help come up with the best haircut/hairstyle for me so I can look my best when my college comes back in a week.

Below the spoilers are different angles of my current appearance to use as a reference. Be aware I'll mostly be wearing glasses but I'll occasionally not be, which is why one picture has me wearing glasses.
Spoiler:
Oh, and get this, Whoever picks the hairdo I choose will get $5! That's right, I'll ****** send you $5 via Paypal. Assuming you have a Paypal, of course. I'll make sure to post pictures of my new haircut as well, assuming it looks good.

So yeah, help me out here. $5 is on the line.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Re: Help me come up with a haircut!!!!

Post by retrolinkx »

Your hair honestly seems fine. It's a good length and does what hair is meant to do. I wouldn't change it, but I'd take care of it a little better. It seems quite "bed-heady".

But if you actually want it short, I'd so go for the whole "short back and sides" look. It's what all men have these days, and while common, does look good on a lot of people.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
wic.
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by wic. »

Nova! wrote:So, my hair is now long. Very long. I want a haircut long.
You call that long? Okay son.

If you wanna be considered cute by girls, there's a lot more places you can start other than your hair. I hate to break it to you, but you can't grow facial hair well. I'd lose it, it looks a bit unhygienic and I think you'd look better if you were clean shaven. Also I can't tell if you have acne or if it's acne scars, but if you still have acne of I'd invest in some proactiv. It works very well. That or wash your face.

As for the hair, I agree with retro. I feel like taking care of your hair better would help you a lot. It's kinda bizarrely asymmetrical, on one side it looks good, but then the other side looks messy and unkempt. If that's how it's growing, then I'd have that trimmed, but the other side looks decent.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Haircuts are a primitive form of grooming that are not worth the trouble in the first place, much less five dollars.

Your hair isn't even long.

I haven't cut my hair in four years and it looks awesome.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

wic. wrote:
Nova! wrote:So, my hair is now long. Very long. I want a haircut long.
You call that long? Okay son.

If you wanna be considered cute by girls, there's a lot more places you can start other than your hair. I hate to break it to you, but you can't grow facial hair well. I'd lose it, it looks a bit unhygienic and I think you'd look better if you were clean shaven. Also I can't tell if you have acne or if it's acne scars, but if you still have acne of I'd invest in some proactiv. It works very well. That or wash your face.

As for the hair, I agree with retro. I feel like taking care of your hair better would help you a lot. It's kinda bizarrely asymmetrical, on one side it looks good, but then the other side looks messy and unkempt. If that's how it's growing, then I'd have that trimmed, but the other side looks decent.
Interesting. I'll probably shave today.

That being said what would you recommend for taking care of my hair? Usually I just dry it after showers and let it do what it wants. I use shampoo and conditioner of course.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Post by mintdrop »

Make sure you're shampooing everything, and conditioning only the ends. Leave the conditioner on for about 2 mins at least before washing it out with warm water, then switching to cold. Cold water closes your hair follicles and makes it shiny. Make sure you towel dry your hair/use an old tshirt to avoid frizz. If you want more volume, I recommend dry shampoo - spray it (not too much) on your roots before you go to bed so that it's evenly distributed - not only does it give your hair a lift, but also adds texture.

In terms of haircut, you don't necessarily need it to be short, but getting really small layers can help add texture to your hair and stop it from lying flat. Or, the short back and sides with long on top suits a lot of men.

And I recommend shaving your facial hair, or trimming so that it's just stubble - as pointed out before beards generally look unhygienic.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...