Creepy Crawlies

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Creepy Crawlies

Post by retrolinkx »

So peeps, what's your opinion on creepy crawlies? You know, spiders, cockroaches, bees, wasps. Whatever.

I bring this up mostly because man you don't know how unsettling it is to find a massive spider come dangling down in front of your computer screen while you're halfway through a game of Overwatch.

My computer is set out really weird as the HD and SSD won't fit into the computer, so it doesn't have it's case on. Not a big deal, it's just open and the monitor covers it, however the massive spider went INBETWEEN these things. For a second there I thought it was gonna jam itself in a fan or something, thank god it didn't.

When the game ended I saw it crawling on some wire, I didn't really want to kill it because I don't mind spiders as opposed to Bees/Wasps. I grabbed a glass and scooped it in there.

When I got a good look at it, it wasn't only massive but seemed like it was a new species or a variation of a huntsman spider. It had two long legs at the front, what looked like fangs from the front of the face and a black and yellow body, similar to a wasp. When I held it near my face to get a real good look it looked like it was trying to attack me.

I have no idea if this kind of spider has been documented in the UK, mostly because I've never seen spiders bigger than a fingernail at best, this was like the size of your enter key on the keyboard. Can't find a picture of it either.

Don't worry guys. I let it go

How about you guys? Got any stories regarding bugs and the like? Personally, I hate anything that flies and actively try to kill them, but anything that crawls I usually just put outside, very far away from me.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Skonia
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: Vugzahd, rei ahrk storniik.

Re: Creepy Crawlies

Post by Skonia »

i usually leave bugs alone unless it's an ant. no ants allowed. just earlier there was a mosquito or something on my arm while i was getting ready to shower and i just blew it off because i didn't realize it was a mosquito until after and realized there was a little mark on my arm.
y'all...
Image Image Image
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

bugs are ****** terrifying and i will either kill them or run the **** away depending on their size.

"but theyre living beings too and every living thing has the right to live" not if they're tiny assholes that murder things. **** all of them, especially spiders. I won't go out of my way to try and kill pet bugs or whatever but i will wig the **** out if you try to make them come near me, and if you egg me on about this **** i don't care who you are, I will straight up punch you in the face.

sorry that got kind of ranty i just hate bugs and people that egg others on by doing things they explicitly say they don't like
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

I have killed a minimum of 6 roaches in the past month and I am not happy.

Anything that can hurt me (bees, mosquitoes, spiders), or actively attempts to attack my edible possessions (flies, ants, unnamed bugs), or even passively and "strategically" (roaches) will be killed on sight.

If I can. I can't stand the thought of smashing or stomping on them, but if they're inside I'll boil water and pour it on them, or spray them with Windex or something if they fly.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
chaobreedersmh
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by chaobreedersmh »

Ants are the worst cause they get into everything. I used to live in a house and we just couldn't get rid of the ants infesting the place. Every day I thank god that I don't live there anymore. Other bugs are scary but at least a spider never ruined my quality of life.
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Post by ZipoCXG »

I have a pretty strong fear of ants, thanks to some traumatic moments being covered in them as a child. I wouldn't consider myself terrified of most other bugs, but I certainly would still prefer to not have them anywhere near me.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

all bugs in the world are my adopted children and i love each and every one of them

except wasps

and ants for that matter
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

I'm not fond of bugs

Specifically fleas, which we currently have a problem with again. Glancing down right now, I have several on my socks. My feet and ankles are actually covered in tiny bite marks.

Can we talk about bug girls instead? Those are cute.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

My general opinion of insects and arachnids is don't go crawling on me or making an active nuisance of yourself, and I'll leave you alone.

That said, I'm probably more annoyed by the monthly visits from the exterminator than I am by the few bugs that survive his visits to crawl on my arms and legs.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Tsui wrote:bug girls

Closest thing I could get.

I need to try harder next time.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Post by Enzo03 »

Silverfish are an occasional problem in my apartment.
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
Eevlynn
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: these PRETZELS are making me THIRSTY

Post by Eevlynn »

love them in concept, not so much in practice LOL

anything that won't immediately bother me i'll probs just leave alone - small spiders are just kinda on a "i leave you alone (and continue allowing you to live here), you leave me alone (and eat other bugs i don't wanna look at)" basis

if they can fly, i will cry
used to be eevee chao

like to pop in every once in a while :)
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

i can't stand butterflies, moths, or lady bugs. they're creepy and if they land on me, i'm killing them with zero empathy

i'm not scared, i just don't benefit from bugs' existence, and they pester me so ... smash lmao

generally if it isn't a mammal, bird, or baby snake i don't feel bad when it dies. :/
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Skonia
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: Vugzahd, rei ahrk storniik.

Post by Skonia »

so yesterday there was a bug flying around the room and terrorizing me, and it landed on me twice and it was kinda big. well at one point i actually smashed it on the door with a napkin and threw it in the trash, but apparently it left the trash and before i went to bed i saw it over here and i took a video of it because it was doing some really weird crap

i hate bugs.
y'all...
Image Image Image