Vocaloid Topic 2016

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Vocaloid Topic 2016

Post by Tsui »

I don't consider myself a fan of Vocaloid (though I have a lot of respect for the artists), and I'm not fond of the robotic voices that much, but I've found myself listening to a lot of Vocaloid songs and covers of Vocaloid songs lately.

Personally I like the Vocaloids themselves that are capable of having a deeper range. I'm not particularly fond of Miku or Rin, but I like Luka, and I haven't listened to enough of the others to have an opinion because everything is Miku.

There are also some really good Utau songs out there.

MMD is also interesting and people are capable of doing a lot with it despite it being very basic, and combined with MME, the MMD contests bring out some good stuff visually. iirc there are also plugins for Blender that allow you to import models and motion data if you want. Really I wonder if these people that make the motions and models do it as a hobby, if so they really should try to go into professional 3D animation...

Basically I've been listening to various songs on repeat for a while and wanted to share
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Vocaloid Topic 2016

Post by Ivogoji »

Hatsune Miku x Sonic best crossover pairing.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Mephilesfan1
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: memento mori

Post by Mephilesfan1 »

I like Miku and Luka and Gumi and everyone else. I like a lot of them, I don't really have a preference. I used to be really obsessed with them 5 years ago tho lol.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

gumi is my wife
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Even for people that aren't huge vocaloid fans, ya gotta admit the technology that powers these programs are pretty amazing.

Personally, i don't listen to much vocaloid music, though i do listen to miku on occasion.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

So not technically Vocaloid, but I'm curious if there are any other UTAU users on this site. For those who don't know, UTAU is essentially a freeware software that enables users to create their own singing synthesizers, as well as use other people's; you've probably heard of some of the "big name" ones, like Teto Kasane.

I've been using the software seriously for about four or five years now [I don't feel like doing the math bleh]. My current UTAU project is titled CASSIEL, but he is very far from being finished.
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

I've considered making a voicebank before, two actually, a "light" and "dark" one. "Light" would be a higher, cutesy voice for, say, denpa songs, and "dark" would be a deeper voice by a little bit. I've thought about doing covers this way too, for example, alternating the two voices for something like Koshitantan. But I've never gotten around to it, even though I have a really good mic now. I even decided on a name for the Utau I'd make a long time ago. Maybe I'll go through with it one of these days since I've been listening to a lot of Vocaloid and Utau stuff, after all. I dunno.