What I've Been Up To

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
fieryQuantum
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Happiness and muffins. But mostly muffins.

What I've Been Up To

Post by fieryQuantum »

I've been gone for a couple of years now, seems like things have changed. For better or for worse, I don't know. However, I thought I'd catch you all up on my current situation.

Currently, I am 18 years old. My father makes about $80k a year, and my mom is jobless. I am the butt of every joke in my family, and I usually take blame for everything that goes wrong in this house, though keep in mind it’s almost never my fault, yet they don’t seem to learn. My mother does not respect me, in the slightest. She calls me a lazy slob, a bum, an idiot who’ll never get a job or finish school. She has no faith in me or anything I do.

One of the reasons I have major problems with this, other than the obvious, is that my mother calls me a slob. Now, my mom is a massive hypocrite, even before this came about she was. Now, however, it’s come into full fruition. She calls me a slob, a lazy bum, yet she hasn’t had a job in almost 3 years, nor has she even searched for one. I’m on my computer a lot, and I have applied for pretty much every single open store or fast food restaurant in my town. My mother, on the other hand, has done nothing but play MMOs and browse Facebook, while I’m left to care for everything else that isn’t her laundry. Yet, she has the audacity to tell me that I’m not applying for jobs and I’m wasting my life away on my computer, when I’ve done more productive things in one day than she has in weeks, save for take my brother to school and back.

I want to go to college, naturally. Every high school graduate should. College costs money, something I don’t have. I applied for financial aid, and they denied me because my father makes too much money. So, also naturally, I expected my parents to pitch in and help. My father would most likely be on board, but my mother refuses to let him aid me in any way. She always tells me how easy it is to make money, but I don’t think she understands that it’s not 1995 anymore. Inflation is a massive issue, and the job market where I live is nonexistent. There are no positions for someone like me: An 18-year old, white, cis male with no job experience other than a one week internship at a GameStop.

Here in California, especially in Central Valley or Death Valley, if you can’t speak Spanish, you’re ****** on getting a job. They don’t want you, and won’t even look again if they don’t see bilingual. So, getting a job where I live is literally impossible for me. I have no way out. I can’t do anything about it, which ****** sucks and makes me feel ******. What makes this worse, however, is that my mother seemingly knows this, and she doesn’t seem to care. My only hope of getting a job is to move somewhere out of state, somewhere that doesn’t rely on Spanish speaking as a desirable trait to hire people.

The problem with that, however, is the fact that I’m broke. The only way for me to get money is to get a job, and so on. So, basically, I’m stuck in a Catch-22, and my mother knows it. She knows I can’t get out of the house, she knows I’m ****** without her, so she uses it to her advantage. She threatens to kick me out all the time, and she uses it to get me to do whatever she wants. It’s absolutely ridiculous. My father doesn’t do **** about it, either. He just lets her threaten to kick me out, when I know that he disagrees with pretty much every parenting decision she makes.

One thing I need to have in order to do anything is a license. I don’t have one. My mother doesn’t want me to drive. She refuses to take me out for driving practice, so my dad has to do it. He does it, and we use that time to talk about things that bother the both of us, and it’s actually a really great bonding time for me, where I can be comfortable around my family for once other than at holiday parties. The fun ends there, though, because if I want to get my license, my mother has to sign a form stating I did my 50 hours. She won’t do it. My father doesn’t get off work until the DMV is already closed, so I basically can’t get a license until my dad’s hours change.

So, in case you didn’t feel like reading all of that, I have no job, no money, and no license. I can’t afford my college tuition, and I can’t afford to move out. My mother takes advantage of this and uses me as her personal slave, rather than a helpful son. My social anxiety prevents me from sticking up to her, and I have years of bullying problems to blame for that, but that’s a completely different story. I have mild schizophrenia and really bad sleep apnea, so when I try to sleep, not only can I not, but when I’m laying in bed with nothing distracting me, my thoughts start to take control, and I’m left sitting there crying to myself to stop thinking these terrible things. This is why I’m always up so late online, and why almost all my posts will be at around 3:15 a.m.. I have my mother to blame for this, and I cannot wait until I have the chance to show her that she’s the **** up, not me.
My Nintendo Network ID for Wii U/3DS: fQuantum
My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/supermarioman11/
My Skype: cameron.dilbeck
My twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/supermarioman11
My 3DS friend code: 3265-63962357
(15:55:08) fieryQuantum: I was literally freaking out to the point where I almost had a heart attack and died right there, which would have been beyond ironic.