Smells.

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Smells.

Post by retrolinkx »

The nose knows. What's your favourite kinds of smells/least favourite? Obviously, disbarring actually disgusting smells like manure or sweat, and lovely smells like Perfume or Air Fresheners. Talk about weird or interesting smell you enjoy or some that you strongly dislike.

I enjoy the smell of fresh wood, paint, fresh bread, bacon (really any meat), new game/manual smell (also falling under Yugioh cards, and old book smell), smoke from matches (reminds me of birthdays)

I dislike the smell of milk since it always seems gone off to me. Mint Jelly since it's pretty awful. Bleach is an awfully strong smell that goes right up my nose and I hate it. Alcohol was also a smell I've disliked.

How about ya'll?
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Smells.

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Smells I like: Citrus, marijuana smoke, my own natural musk, things I can't mention here.

Smells I don't like: Most perfumes and colognes, most household cleansers, most scented air fresheners that aren't citrus, tobacco smoke.
taco chao
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by taco chao »

I definitely have a strange like of a few smells. That new card smell Retro mentioned, the odor of really strong hot sauces, campfires, diesel fuel.

As for dislikes, I can never understand why people like stepping into a Lush. Seriously, everyone I know seems to love it there, I just can't wrap my head around it. There are so many scents going around all at once, and sensory overload is definitely a real thing standing around in there. Shame, since the toothpaste tablet things they sell are one of the few things I can stand to brush with. No lingering aftertaste.
I'm foo757#1804 on battle.net, if anyone is up for Hearthstone/Overwatch.
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

I love the smell of hardware stores. It's mostly the fresh lumber, but it's also got paint, plants, and other smells mixed in, so it's very nice. I also like the smell of gasoline being burned, cardboard, cigarettes*, and any baked goods.

As far as what I don't like, I can't stand spearmint, or Lysol, or old food. I mean, no one likes old food smell, but I will physically start gagging.

* I don't smoke**, I just like how they smell
** Er, I don't smoke tobacco anyways >w>;;
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Post by ZipoCXG »

I can't really think of any smells I like that aren't food-related, so I'll just say that my favourite smells are of popcorn and pizza.

On the flip side, I have way too many smells that I can't stand, and I'd be here forever if I listed all of them, though the biggest offenders for me would be mustard, a freshly mowed lawn, and the anti-septic smell inside hospitals.
Coty
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Coty »

I like allot of smells, smoke(really most kinds of smoke, candles, wood, matches, cigarettes, ect.), 409(cleaner), gasoline, some new smells from books and particularly magazines, perfume (but only if it has a fruity sent), aftershave, COFFEE is a big one, whiskey to.

I also dislike allot of smells.... Like smoke from burning food, bleach, the smell of a new canon camera, perfume/clone that doesn't have a fruity sent (I can not say enough about this), diesel fuel, butter (yes butter), tequila, cauliflower... That old people smell...
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! ☕︎
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

i can't remember all of the smells, i just know i like cinnamon and hate bacon.

i also wanted to post to mention every time someone posts, i read the name of the poster before the title, so every time someone posts here and it shows up in the recent post thing, it reads to me "(user) smells"
help me
Wolf
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by Wolf »

i love the smell of my bf :darkhappy: