I don't get the joke here.

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

I don't get the joke here.

Post by Tsui »

link to Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon interview

I caught this on TV earlier and... I'm not familiar with the guest but, I don't understand why Fallon and the audience here are so... giggly. Where's the joke? It upsets me because I'm assuming the featured hoodie here is meant for people who suffer from anxiety and/or sensory overload.

But I'm figuring something flew over my head and I'm just not getting it, so I'm asking - what is the joke?
Skonia
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: Vugzahd, rei ahrk storniik.

Re: I don't get the joke here.

Post by Skonia »

i don't recognize an outside joke, people just think it's funny because the hoodie probably looks 'ridiculous' to them, and the concept of a relaxation hoodie is also 'ridiculous' to them. especially since its pink and pink is funny color to remove all seriousness a thing has xd

so yeah it most likely is people laughing at something that they have no concept of.
y'all...
Image Image Image
chaoko
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: S A D B O Y S

Post by chaoko »

Considering Jon Glaser mentions that he'd be wearing it in a season finale of some sort, I think it's just an advertisement for the hoodie. I looked up the actual hoodie and it is designed for athletes to relax in and costs over $250. The company probably gave them some hoodies so they would come up with a joke about it to entertain the audience with the unusual product and possibly cause them to do some research like I just did. Here it is if you want to see for yourself.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

Oh, thank you! I guess that makes a little more sense... though it doesn't seem that "unusual" of a product to me. I couldn't tell what name was written on the hoodie in the video, either, so it's cool to see the official description for it.
Chaos the Light Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by Chaos the Light Chao »

Fallon's laughing because he laughs at everything.

The crowd's laughing because they're cued to.

The joke is that doing the interview in that outfit and in that style subverts the expectations of both people dress in suits and talk to each other with the desk between them.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

do you kids really not know who john glaser is or what? you had to at least have caught him in parks and recreation if nothing else

there isn't anything deep about this like at all

jon glaser is doing a mockumentary comedy show called john glaser loves gear, where he's a fictionalized alter-ego version of himself that loves "gear" and gadgets as in equipment for sports, camping, pets, to space to anything while acting like a bizarre egocentric jerk. he does actually have a passion for gadgets, but if you want to understand the show's comedy purpose, read here: http://www.indiewire.com/2016/10/jon-gl ... 201740520/

basically he's the michael scott (the office) of gear

interview is a glorified promotion and people laugh at anything their favorite comedians do, cued or in real life watching for real
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Aruesso
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by Aruesso »

Lamby wrote:do you kids really not know who john glaser is or what?
not trying to be... accusatory, but
these seems kind of really... condescending

everyone has different interests in television or media in general, so not everyone is going to be familiar with actors who played certain roles
or could even just be bad at remembering names

it's Interesting? i guess, that it does kind of extend on that, but...
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

i'd think at some point someone world at least search his name to see what he's about at the very least, idk

i mean i'm not saying that magically would answer the question, but best way to understand a comedian or artist is starting there, it's better than giving tsui an answer that isn't really the answer imo, that's all
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "