Christmas.

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Christmas.

Post by retrolinkx »

What, you guys all jaded and old to celebrate Christmas or what?

You get anything good this year guys? I got what I get every year. £300.

I do miss waking up to presents, it's always a nice surprise, but money is better than nothing.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Coty
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Re: Christmas.

Post by Coty »

I got a day off work. Pretty dope.
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! ☕︎
chaoko
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: S A D B O Y S

Post by chaoko »

I was thinking about how awesome Christmas was when I was a kid and I thought something magic was actually happening every year. I definitely miss that feeling but I still enjoy the holiday season. I like seeing my younger siblings still experience Christmas as kids too.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

what do you have to binge drink and/or take to feel christmas magic when you're turning 24

what does a girl gotta do
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Rox64
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's OK

Post by Rox64 »

I got two 25$ gift cards. One for Amazon, the other for Google Play. I spent the Amazon card on the following games:
-Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Gamecube)
-LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (DS)
-Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing (DS)
I added the GP card to my account, but I don't have an android device or even consistent access to a computer at the moment, so it'll probably just sit there for a good while. Not that I mind. I like having things stored away for later.
Because Roxes 1-62 died from failure to absorb the correct levels of sarcasm and weirdness.
Don't ask about Rox63. Just don't.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I don't get Christmas presents anymore.

But I do give Christmas presents; tomorrow I'm having lunch with my high school teacher I TA'd for and giving her some stuff my mom knitted- also I'm mailing my sister and nephew some gifts too. Actually my sister said she was mailing me something too, so I might indeed get Christmas presents, just not on Christmas.

In terms of celebration, my mother and I shared Christmas dinner with a neighbor, I sang some hymns outside beneath the stars, and read the opening chapters of Matthew, Luke, John, and Third Nephi as per tradition.

I also watched a Rankin-Bass stop motion Christmas special, as I do every year, though since I no longer have television I had to settle for one I've recorded on my laptop rather than watching those on Abc's 25 Days of Christmas. I miss marathoning holiday specials. Not watching A Nightmare Before Christmas this year breaks my heart. Also missing Disney's Prep and Landing. And the Patrick Stewart version of A Christmas Carol.

Actually the only Christmas related thing I've gotten to watch besides the Rankin-Bass special was Hook. If it wasn't that time of year I probably wouldn't have noticed that movie takes place at Christmas. Maybe I'll watch Edward Scissorhands next year.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Vaporwave
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Vaporwave »

my christmas was bad my dudes
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

short answer: a whole entire computer

longer answer:
Spoiler:
I got three Warcraft novels, one of which is The Last Guardian and I'm excited to read that one though I don't typically read books. The other two seem to cover the Orc campaign of WC3.

And an entirely new computer for drawing, which I have Ubuntu on right now because, let's be honest, Windows 10 is commercial spyware. I'm supposed to get an 8.1 disc on Friday, if that'll work. It's kind of important because installing anything is making Ubuntu freeze completely every time and most programs I use regularly are primarily Windows.

My brother got two monitors and my mother got one, so I've inherited the latter's old one. It's a different brand, different resolution and size, and displays a bit differently, so it's cool to have to check the colors on what I'd be working on, once I can work again. I can also probably stream without having to preview it and use the chat on my laptop which is heck to move from room to room. So I'm thinking I'll have the window or desktop capture on my primary monitor, and an additional preview window and my browser on my other one! I'd also been considering doing a Discord call while streaming sometime, because it might be fun.

I also got a $150 gift card for spending money, and a lot of candy. :herosway: I spent a little of the money on Overwatch loot boxes already today and I'm rather satisfied with what I got, as I got enough credits to buy a nice looking Lucio skin and some minor stuff.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

For the first time ever, in my 20 years of living, I actually wasn't up super early to open presents. I stayed up until 6 am last night played payday 2 with friends and woke up around 4 pm. We didn't do anything special, really, though thank god I had pc games to play. I couldn't stomach more than one rerun of A Christmas Story, let alone a 24 hour marathon of it.

So far, I've received $100 from my grandmother, some clothes from my dad (who I'm currently staying with), and a tiny flat hd tv with built in DVD player as well as the second seasons of both the Simpsons and Family Guy from my mother. The only disappointment, or, more fittingly, annoyance, is that my Mother didn't buy the dvd's from an actual store, as the Family Guy set is missing a DVD. Not that it matters, I'm not going to watch either, anyways but I did appreciate it. I still have stuff to open at her house (which I guarantee will just be things like a Sonic blanket or something, body spray, and maybe a can of soda) but I'm currently staying at my Dad's new apartment and just enjoying it while I can.

My Dad recently (as in the past 2 years) sold off his house that he inherited from his uncle and moved to Vermont where I currently am to get a lot more jobs, so he's making more money and is noticeably happier, especially since I'm actually staying with him for longer than 4 days in possibly years. We got a new couch for the apartment, but otherwise he hasn't really gotten me anything for christmas that I'd consider a gift, since a lot of what he's doing for me falls under the categories "I'm moving in with him from another state and going to a new college so we need to set things up" or "I helped with his carpentry a bit so he's doing me a solid like paying for a haircut".

--------

I did buy somebody a gift though! For the first time ever I participated in the reddit Secret Santa exchange. The guy I got as a giftee said he really liked cooking, and from what I've heard Crock Pots are really handy for anybody, so I bought him a $40 one via Amazon. I was worried because I sent it out around the 8th and he didn't message me or anything (I sent him a note that said if he didn't want it he could talk to me so we could set up a return and give him the cash), but today he posted and that's when I remembered I actually sprung an extra $10 to have the item sent pre-wrapped, so he most likely just left it wrapped until today.

Here's his post! I saw the picture today and he looks genuinely happy and it makes me smile every time I see it. It just kinda lifts me up, y'know? Making somebody you literally don't even know happy.

Unfortunately I must've been a bad kid or something because I don't think I'm going to be getting a gift from my secret santa any time soon.

It really sucks, and every now and then I let loose my inner masochist and look at what other people that participated received, but at the very least I made somebody else happy.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Things I got:
40 USD cash from my dad.

Things I gave:
Cookie Tins: 1 to each member of my household over the age of 4, 1 each to the families of the friends from high school I'm still in occasional contact with, a second tin to the family of my former girlfriend because she has many siblings.
A Twilight Sparkle to my Great niece.

Festive things I did:
Made my latest batch of commissions to my favorite writer who does commissions mostly Christmas themed.
Reread the Christmas-theme thing same writer wrote for me last year.
Built a couple of Zome snowmen and a zome model of a bowl of poinsettas. Tried making a Zome Christmas tree, but Green struts aren't the easiest thing to work with.
Gorged myself on a box of Christmas Tree snack cakes as well as a Tin of the cookies I brought nearly everyone on my shopping list.

Festive things I thought about, but never got around to:
Writing an Eggman version of the Grinch Song to go with How the Eggman Stole Christmas.
Listening to the Radio Theater version of A Christmas Carol.

Honestly, Christmas hasn't been very festive around my family since my mother died. She was the driving force behind decorating, she did all of the cooking, shopping, and gift wrapping, and generally speaking, brought the magic. Doesn't help that we were forced to move into a smaller house a few years ago and no longer have the room for a proper Christmas tree or to set-up my mom's collection of ceramic houses and figurines as a Christmas village. The highlight of my Christmas was presenting that Twilight Sparkle Plush to my Great Niece and having her snatch it out of my hand. Aside from that, it was pretty much any other Sunday.
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Rox64 wrote: -Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Gamecube)
I still have yet to beat that. xD

I got Soul Calibur IV
ZombiU
Mythbusters season 11
Robot Chicken season 4
and a 20 dollar steam card

In 6 days it's my birthday though. :D
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

mini rant christmas day that I put on another site:
3rd christmas without mom
dad didn't get me anything so he sent me to a store I don't even go to often and made me get a pair of boots- my gift wasn't my choice
now we had dinner with dad's ex and I hate her. she makes me feel sick to my stomach, and dad forced me to eat stuff with dairy and I'm lactose intolerant! ugh stomach hurts..
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

I got

Paper Mario: Color Splash
Pokken Tournament
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Dragon Ball Fusions
and warm gloves that I actually really needed

And then my little brother got...

A Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure 1. And like Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash or whatever.

Eventually, I'm just going to commandeer that thing right from under him just for chao system.
...Whenever he's done playing through the game 50 billion times again.

Also related to the Dreamcast, it came with 3 third-party VMUs under the brand name of "Performance". They don't have the miniature screen like the normal ones, So they're just "MU"s I guess.
One of them doesn't save correctly, another one doesn't even get detected by the system, and the last one works but it's shaped like the very embodiment of a bootleg.

Also the Sonic Twitter posted this new, site relevant, piece of art:
Spoiler:

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

This is the last Christmas that I'm probably ever going to get what could be described as "loot", so I think my family buffed it out for me, which is really nice of them. I got the Toradora Collection, Got Your Six (FFDP album), a glass with my Destiny Warlock on it since I play it with my mum's boyfriend, a horror movie to watch with my friend wot I watch horrors with, and a few other things I don't remember off the top of my head but feel super grateful for.

I'm also awaiting a present from my friend Asuna, which I'm mega grateful for. I'm also waiting for her to get mine, which I ordered and then sent to her.

Christmas is a pretty fun time of year, and I'm grateful for everything. c:
Rox64
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's OK

Post by Rox64 »

Some family friends came over, and I got another present... the Deathly Hallows films.
Joanne Rowling... I have a funny feeling about you. I feel that, even if I actively tried, I would not be able to escape you.
Though I'm not complaining. I adore Harry Potter, if that isn't obvious enough.
Because Roxes 1-62 died from failure to absorb the correct levels of sarcasm and weirdness.
Don't ask about Rox63. Just don't.