I should let sleeping dogs lie buuuut

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 1 week old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
thatguyinthecorner
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: Team Harvard Assemble!

I should let sleeping dogs lie buuuut

Post by thatguyinthecorner »

Apparently, there was a spammer here a year or two back. I wouldn't mention this (especially not so late) but I vaguely remember Ivogoji coming to my defense in the middle of a thread that (unless I missed something) never even mentioned me, and outside of that all I could find on the subject was a PM asking what was up.

I'm not mad or anything, I'm barely ever on here anymore anyway, but I was just wondering if anybody had a clue what all happened. I've gathered that they apparently claimed to be me, but that's about it.

yes this is incredibly trivial and doesn't really concern me but I'm curious darn it!
"A girl walks up to you and starts dancing and you walk away? What are you, gay, drunk, high...?"

"~~~AA-SEXUAL~~!"

^and that was the greatest exchange of my year.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Re: I should let sleeping dogs lie buuuut

Post by retrolinkx »

Are you talking about "Vapordongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ" who made spam accounts, spammed a lot of stuff and then just sort of left and came back once or twice to spam again?

I thought they were just an account made to rile Vapor up, I don't think we ever found out who it was.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Vaporwave
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Vaporwave »

This was talked about in the CI Discord not too long ago.

Before getting into what was said, the spammer did claim to be you.

However, from the discussion, and Nacho contributing her own similar experiences with just about the same issue, which reminded us of a much earlier incident that happened two years prior to the spamming against my presence on here, we suspect the individual to be Rune the Koopa, a former user who was involved in the roleplaying community and involved with my old forum shenanigans to a lesser extent.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

i think i was messaged on discord or smth around the time that it happened saying that people were speculating that i was the spammer

just saying that in case anyone raises any more eyebrows at me i've been known to do some crazy and stupid things but this is crossing the line for me
Vaporwave
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by Vaporwave »

I'm sure I came to you about it at some point, and I apologize. It was early on during the issue, but when it got worse, any speculation of the individual being you was tossed out.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

don't worry, it didn't make you more infamous or relevant to me at least, love c: i doubt anyone who knows who you are is mad

i do remember one time you mispelled freud as frued though, fsr that always stuck with me as really adorably funny.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
thatguyinthecorner
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: Team Harvard Assemble!

Post by thatguyinthecorner »

I didn't think anyone was mad, I was just more confused because I could see a defense but no accusations.

Admittedly part of my curiosity stems from the fact that I had barely any presence here even before I basically disappeared, so it seems kind of strange why they'd pick me of all people.

Thanks though~
"A girl walks up to you and starts dancing and you walk away? What are you, gay, drunk, high...?"

"~~~AA-SEXUAL~~!"

^and that was the greatest exchange of my year.