Do you wear boxers under your swim trunks?

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

How do you wear your swim trunks?

Without Underwear
63%
With Underwear
No votes
I Don't Wear Swim Trunks
38%

Total votes: 8

Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Do you wear boxers under your swim trunks?

Post by Crazo3077 »

Recently at work there was an unexpected discussion about how to wear swim trunks that baffled me.

I always thought that the only appropriate way to wear swim trunks was to wear them without anything else on. Apparently, plenty of my coworkers will actively remove the netting and wear boxers to protect their body from exposure if the trunks fall down. I also know that they make trunks without netting now, so it is weird that they'd bother taking out the netting.

So, I pose this unexpected question to all of you. How do you wear your swim trunks?

(For potential cultural confusion, Americans call items like briefs, boxers, etc. "underwear" or "underpants", where as British English will just say "pants". It is one of those weird things.)
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Do you wear boxers under your swim trunks?

Post by Rajikaru »

I usually just wear the trunks. The netting is enough to prevent clinging/bumpiness, and if they're worried about the trunks falling down or being pulled down, most swimtrunks have drawstrings that function as a belt anyways.

Now, whether people wear an undershirt underneath their normal shirt (besides bras) is also an interesting question/discussion.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

I can't swim, so it never comes up.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

There's no "other" option in the poll so I'm just gonna state that I wear the bottoms from a two-piece swimsuit under trunks. It's not underwear but it's not nothing.

Though, I didn't go to the pool when it was open last Summer, so it's been a while.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

what i wear to swim depends on how lucky the guy is and how he handled me that night

also can't swim, disabled, so if i do it precedes romance, but a romance not so pure, or i actually have drank enough to trust because some lucky boy or person gets to carry me around :x
Last edited by Lamby on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

You also won't wear swim trunks to begin with.

i swear i've made 100 edits to this post

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

i can see why people do this, it's just rather odd

as for me i just do plain trunks
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Now that I think about it, It's been years since I went to a pool or the beach and I don't own swimwear of any kind.

If someone invited me to go swimming, I'd probably just wear a pair of panties under my one pair of gym shorts.

If I went shopping for swimwear, given my current physique, I'd probably stick with panties under trunks or go for an old-fashioned men's one piece or a short-sleeved, above the knee wetsuit. As much as I'd like to try women's swimwear, I need to slim down before trying anything other than a maternity one-piece.

If I could get rid of my gut, I'd like to try either a modest woman's one-piece or one of those bikinis that more closely resembles a midriff tank top and short bike shorts than the bra and panties look of most bikinis.

Also, I never wear undershirts unless wearing a shirt under a scholar's gown counts(and even then, I'd rather go shirtless to avoid overheating but wear one because my Associate's gown feels terrible against my skin). Hell, before I traded in my non-graphic t-shirts for women's tunics made of thinner fabric and fit so air can actually circulate, I went topless around the house most of the time.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Last time I actually went swimming was well over 10 years ago, but I do remember just wearing the trunks with nothing else under them. Mostly because you'd just be getting your boxes/underpants wet and would have to carry a spare pair when you're done swimming.

But the real question is are you a bad enough dude to run at a swimming pool.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

J-Jeff?
Did you realize what forum you were posting this on?