Footwear.

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

What is your preferred daily footwear?

Barefoot/socks
33%
Sandals
No votes
Sneakers/Trainers
22%
Boots
11%
loafers/dress flats
22%
Heels
11%

Total votes: 9

Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Footwear.

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Inspired in part by the underwear under trunks discussion.

What kind of footwear do you prefer?

I use to wear sandals essentially year round, but even then, I didn't like how they made my feet feel confined, made my soles sweat, or blocked off so much of my sense of touch(I'm a touch dominant blind person, and while I never had more than one usable eye, I'd imagine someone with 20/20 in both eyes would find wearing an eyepatch over one eye as disorienting as I find not being able to feel what I'm walking on).

Anyways, I took the plunge into barefoot living late August/Early September of 2016 and so far my only regret is that I didn't take the plunge years ago. I have invested in some waterproof socks for those days when it's too cold and wet for complete barefooting, and while I wish the socks didn't have an absorbent outer layer and got better traction on hardwood and tiled floors, these are small prices to pay to retain nearly all of the mobility and feeling allowed by going barefoot without fear of frostbite. Now, if I can find an equally good solution for hot pavement this coming summer.

So, what kind of footwear do other Chao Islanders go for?
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Footwear.

Post by Ivogoji »

I basically wear loafers 24/7, except when I'm barefoot. I only own two pairs of shoes
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

I don't really care much for shoes. I'll go with what looks nice.

I currently have two pairs of trainers and some boots where I live at uni, and I usually just wear the trainers everyday since I have no real reason to wear boots.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

My dad and grandma love buying me new shoes every year. When they just picked them out for me, I'd usually get just sneakers, until about 8th grade when I started picking out only skateboard canvas sneakers. Recently, however, I got a pair of black shin-high boots that I absolutely love to the point where I wear them over my current grey sneakers even though it's usually 60 degrees and sunny out.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Bunelody
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Bunelody »

I wear my trusty vans or converse but recently I've started moving into boots and sandals and other cute shoes cause I'm finally out of my "girly things are gross phase"
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

I wear trainers because they feel good. I'm more of an efficiency guy than a 'this looks good' guy so I wear trainers basically all the time until the soles have died and I am left with a sad, empty husk of what used to be a pair of shoes.

I'd like to start to be more concerned about my appearance but I don't really have the money to be able to; the money I do have, I want to save and use for other, more important things. Maybe one day, I guess.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I used to be barefoot whenever possible. Unless it were too cold, I would refuse to go outside with footwear. Initially it was because I liked how it felt, but then it became that I just don't like how heavy most shoes made my feet feel.

Then, after years of not knowing, I found canvas shoes and fell in love. I haven't found a good option for winter, so I wear boots in winter. But I love wearing canvas shoes, because they're so light on my feet that I don't feel restricted at all!

Now I have a harder time being barefoot anywhere other than indoors. I like it, but mainly because I like walking on my toes sometimes. It is fun.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
cloudchaoclan
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao
Motto: determined

Post by cloudchaoclan »

I was strictly wearing skate shoes for a while, then it was strictly high tops, then a combination of the two, and now I more or less just wear boots. They're comfy, roomy, and make me almost a whole inch taller. Plus, they're technically work boots that just look like fashionable boots, so I don't have to destroy any of my other shoes when I have to do manual labor. Only downside is that they're kinda shiny, meaning they attract a lot of sunlight, and as a result get pretty hot
wuz fun -_^
Mephilesfan1
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: memento mori

Post by Mephilesfan1 »

lately ive been wearing sandals bc theyre easier to get on and off and more convenient, and sneakers arent the best footwear where i live. but uh typically i wear sneakers.
Coty
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Coty »

I typically prefer to go barefoot or wear socks and sandals. If I'm out hiking to transversing through wooden areas and fields I'm probably wearing boots, although again... I also hike with socks and sandals... Water proof socks are great for hiking...
TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! ☕︎