Chao Island nostalgia

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
chocohugs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a minute of thought is worth a lifetime of effort

Re: Chao Island nostalgia

Post by chocohugs »

i genuinely really miss being a kid on this site during its heyday. RIP the old chat, msn instant messenger, and iscribble
tumbl - twittr | avatar by tsui
(15:29:10) Jack_Augustine has never been hugged by a girl before
SilverRabbit
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: We're going to the ark, so I guess that means we- crud

Post by SilverRabbit »

Oh lord, the old days here. When I was a smol evil being called EeveeFan. I swear I must have caused everyone so much pain. I certainly learnt never to behave like that again. I really wish I could go back in time and punch my 11 year old self in the face. (I also wish I could do that to my 12-13 year old self but that's probably everyone's dreams.) One part of being here I remember was where I was trying my best not to be the world's biggest annoying crud was talking to that dude I liked. Oh, what a weirdo I was.
Weird person who likes cartoons, pink and video-games.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

Rajikaru wrote:I am curious, are there any notable older users that were banned then unbanned, like Twili, that just haven't come back?
rubs, technically. there have been posts under his name but they were all by nano so he hasn't actually come back yet.
---
may as well post some stuff that actually is a bit nostalgic for me
  • flooding the RP forum with one-liners
    1. getting irrationally angry at the other RPs that were also active
    2. staying up past midnight RPing with others since everyone is on the west coast and here i am in texas
  • the chatbox
  • i must serve mooncow always april fool's 2013
  • the shop
  • everyone making art so i tried to bandwagon and made some ridiculously ridiculous drawings (i'm getting better though!)
  • the annoyance program
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Post by ZipoCXG »

2009 was without a doubt, my most active year on Chao Island (for crying out loud, over half of my entire post count is from that year). While a lot of my earliest posts a very cringey, I did somehow still make a lot of friends from the usergroups, art board, and chatbox. Some of those friends I still have contact with, but a lot of them are no longer active here. I think the thing I miss the most is the lack of social anxiety I displayed back then. I wasn't as shy about posting my opinion on stuff, and overall, I didn't have too much trouble participating in the community. Nowadays, I barely post outside of my art topic, though I still read a lot of current topics. I think my first avatar was Shaymin Sky forme's spirte from Pokémon Platinum, and my signature was just a rant about how I didn't like school and/or society, but I honestly can't remember 100%.