Sandwiches.

Talk about things not related to Sonic or Chao. Talk about other stuff!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Sandwiches.

Post by retrolinkx »

Ah Sandwiches, how could you hate them, they're tasty, filling and can be customized to any degree. Let's discuss them.

What do you guys usually put on a sandwich? I'm currently eating a nice Ham Sandwich with toasted bread, pickles, cheese and mayo. It's not the best, usually I'd go for all of the above along with seeded bread, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and some dabs of mustard here and there, but I didn't have any in the house. It's pretty tasty and filling.

Also for extra discussion, lets discuss how stupid people are to think that anything after the Sub Sandwich constitutes a sandwich.

Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: Sandwiches.

Post by Triert »

Radical Sandwich Anarchy sounds like a good band name or a kickass Touhou game.

I've stopped using lettuce and tomato in my sandwiches and found that dill pickle spears accomplish the crunch of lettuce and necessary moisture of tomato's.

My preferred meat is corned beef, but that's only because that's usually whats inside the drawer. My favorite cheese is sharp cheddar and I love mixing mayo and mustard together. I'm just as happy to only use siracha however, once I caused harmful fumes inside my apartment after putting siracha, pepperjack cheese, and a third spicy thing (tabasco I think it was) and throwing it in the panini press. Window had to be opened up to prevent me from coughing out any worse than I was.

And no less than three pickle spears per sandwich if I can help it!

Addressing the sandwich chart, everything here is a sandwich except for radical sandwich anarchy. Just like cereal is a soup, a burrito is a sandwich.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

At home, I generally prefer wraps to sandwiches as I'm not fond of most loaf bread(potato bread being a notable exception), and even then, I tend to prefer chef salads since the largest tortillas available from local grocers aren't big enough to hold everything I'd like to put in them.

My deli runs usually consist of the following:
-Carolina turkey breast.
-Black Forest Ham.
-pastrami.
-Salami or Pepperoni
-Provolone cheese.
-Swiss Cheese.
-New York Sharp Cheddar.
-Pepper Jack cheese.

And I usually put all of the above in my wraps/salads, usually with a spear or two of pickle at the core of the wrap and other veggies if I'm making a salad(most often cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, and onion, but I've also included baby spinach, romaine, mustard greens, broccoli, cauliflower, and squash at one time or another).

Condiment wise, I like mustard, but usually don't bother at home because most of my housemates don't bother wiping residues from the outside of bottles, making the condiment shelf in the refrigerator rather disgusting, and being blind, I don't have the benefit of looking for the mustard and then only having to touch the mustard jar.

My favorite varieties of pickles are Vlasic Zesty Garlic, Mt. Olive Jalapeno Dill, and Clausen Kosher Dill. Spears are good for wraps and salads, but sandwiches call for sandwich slices.

At Subway(I have minimal experience with other sandwich shops), my usual for many years has been a footlong Chicken Teriyaki on Italian Herb and Cheese with whichever cheese I'm in the mood for, all veggies except lettuce, and sweet onion sauce(if anyone knows how to enjoy a similar sauce at home, I'd love to use it as a salad dressing), but I was recently introduced to the Spicy Italian, which I order pretty much the same way. I'd get all the cheeses on my sub, but Subway charges extra for each additional cheese.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

The theme song of this topic.

white bread is a plague that needs to be ripped straight from the face of the earth and so is sourdough and badly made wheat bread

anyways

My sandwiches are simple:

- Some kinda meat (usually turkey or hot pastrami)
- Cheddar cheese because that's the only kind I can stand outside of the sub-par American cheese
- Tomato
- Lettuce
- Mayo
- Mustard (but not that weird super fancy kind because it doesn't blend with this setup correctly and it just tastes bad then)
- Onions, I guess?

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Mephilesfan1
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: memento mori

Post by Mephilesfan1 »

i'm a very plain person. i just like a good ol' fashioned sandwich with ham/turkey and any sort of cheese, with mayo. or flatbread with the other things i said is good too. i'm not too picky about bread, however i am very picky about the toppings i put on them.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

Peanut butter and jelly. Or grilled ham and cheese.

Since I don't like tomatoes, or raw onion, or most cheeses, or mustard, or mayonnaise, or lettuce, or most deli meats, or lots of things, the only fancier sandwich I'll eat is plain corned beef. Nothing on it. Just meat and bread. It's pretty good.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

My personal favourite sandwich depends on when it is eaten. At breakfast, it's just peanut butter. Lots of peanut butter. Smooth peanut butter. On brown whole wheat bread. Usually two pieces of whole wheat bread, with one side covered with lots of smooth peanut butter. Then put the peanut buttery sides together. Sometimes, the remaining sides would be covered in peanut butter as well. With room for fingers to grab on to. Maybe even three pieces of bread. With the top face and bottom face without peanut butter, or with finger room for grip. Anyways after I would make it, I'd eat it warm. Outside in the sun if it's summer. Tastes better when warm for some reason. Or brown raisin bread. Is brown whole wheat raisin bread a thing? I'd eat it. Now for lunch and/or dinner. Oh yes. The best time to eat a sandwich or sandwiches. I'd usually go to Subway honestly because I don't feel like getting everything, but whatever. Two or three pieces of bread. I've already mentioned what types. Basically any type of sandwich meat. Anything about it doesn't really matter. I'd place my first piece of bread. Put lots of everything. lettuce, tomato, green/yellow/orange/red/purple (purple is a colour for peppers, I have eaten it :)) peppers, red (why is it called red?! IT IS PURPLE. WHO CALLS EVERYTHING PURPLE RED?! GRAPES! ONIONS! LOTS OF CANDIES! WT*?!) onions and some type of cheese but not blue. Then put some Ranch/Caesar dressing. Also garlic. Finally put a slice of previously said meat. Repeat three or four times. Also put everything on top of each piece of meat. Finally a piece of bread. If three or four pieces of bread are used, repeat. Use some more Ranch or Caesar dressing to the side to dip the sandwich in.

Keep the crust, for more food. :)

Also dragonfruit is my favourite fruit.

White bread needs to die. I also dislike pickles, mayonnaise, relish, ketchup, mustard, melons (excluding watermelon) pineapple and grapefruit.

Have you eaten a purple pepper?

The peppers also usually aren't spicy. Oddly I basically never taste spicy stuff as spicy at all. It's weird.
Last edited by SwifterTheDragon on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Tsui wrote:Peanut butter and jelly. Or grilled ham and cheese.

Since I don't like tomatoes, or raw onion, or most cheeses, or mustard, or mayonnaise, or lettuce, or most deli meats, or lots of things, the only fancier sandwich I'll eat is plain corned beef. Nothing on it. Just meat and bread. It's pretty good.
This.

Except I only eat ham as a last resort. So really just turkey.

I hate mayonnaise.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »