Heroes of the Storm GD

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 week old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Heroes of the Storm GD

Post by Tsui »

HotS is a MOBA RTS game in the same vein as League, but with Blizzard characters (Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo...), map objectives, and mounts.

My mains are all Warcraft characters. Because A. I play Warcraft III and WoW and B. their quotes and abilities are from said games and, it's a little nostalgic.

So I'll be posting my Kael talent tree for critique, since he is my main main. With him I go the Living Bomb route.
Spoiler:
1. Mana Addict - Increase your maximum Mana by 15 when you pick up a Regeneration Globe. Because running out of mana is bad. Means you can barely fight and you have to hearth. Sssso.
4. Nether Wind - Increases Gravity Lapse's range and speed by 30%. Nothing is more infuriating, I think, than having your enemy run out of range and you can't catch up!
7. Fission Bomb - Increases Living Bomb's explosion radius and damage by 30%. Important.
10. Phoenix - Launch a Phoenix to an area, dealing 18 (+8 per level) damage to enemies along the way. The Phoenix persists for 7 seconds, attacking enemies for 18 (+8 per level) damage and splashing for 50%. Nice to see (and use) Al'ar! Now if only he was a mount in this game, too...
13. CHAIN BOMB - Living Bomb's explosion applies Living Bomb to enemies not already affected by it. Very important! This also only applies to 3 units and prefers Heroes. It can spread to even buildings, though, as they can be targeted by Living Bomb.
16. Backdraft - Living Bomb's explosion slows enemies Movement Speed by 50% for 2 seconds. Alternatively, you can choose Fury of the Sunwell, but I prefer this one because slows and stuns = Not Happy enemy. :)
20. Rebirth - Increases Phoenix duration by 100%. You may order the Phoenix to move to a different location once while the Phoenix is alive. Because Phoenix feels waaay too short as is... It's also useful to be able to move Al'ar, in case, say, your enemies move a little halfway through.
My other mains are Malfurion and Tyrande, both support heroes. I'm used to playing a resto druid in WoW, so I focus on Regrowth and Tranquility with the former, and I go with Starfall for the latter.

Because I've passed lvl. 12, I have the HotS card back for Hearthstone, and I also have the Ironside Dire Wolf mount for reaching lvl. 100 in WoW. And Billie the Kid for actually buying something with money instead of using gold...

Anywho. I'd like to know what talents you guys choose for your characters, or what your favorite map is, etc. :herocool:
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Re: Heroes of the Storm GD

Post by EvilPinkamina »

I am a walking medivac main. Because Starcraft is cool and supports are overpowered in Heroes.

Best map is easily Dragon Knight one (with the shrines that need to be capped n ****), because my team can be incompetent and get away with it, and since I literally only play Heroes when I'm with someone else in a skype call, me and that person can get through the map ezpz. Even though I play a support and he dunks people. And I always carry the team because morales is op af.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

Anyone know who Lunara even is? I mean, she's obviously a dryad, but I don't recall ever seeing her before, and I've played from WC3 onward, save for a couple expansions in WoW because Cata's whole changing the map thing turned me off, and I was pretty young during Vanilla and BC so if she came from that period I probably just don't remember her.
Perhaps Cenarius himself would've been a better choice...? Or even Mylune. Blizzard's choice of characters for this game makes no sense to me. :/
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

I love HoTs, but I haven't played in forever D:
I main Rehgar, but I also really like LiLi and sometimes will play Nazeebo.
I'm really partial to support/healer characters, since I main a resto shaman in wow.
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

Okay so Kill Me Now because they completely reworked Kael and my lil autistic self can't handle change

This is what I'm using for now, if there's something better please tell me:
Spoiler:
1. Mana Addict
4. Nether Wind
7. Gravity Crush
10. Phoenix
13. Backdraft/Fission Bomb (I used to use both when they were on separate tiers so?? I guess if you're using Master of Flames you'd use Fission Bomb but I'm torn......)
16. Sun King's Fury
20. Master of Flames
Basically, Chain Bomb was kinda removed, in the sense that it's not a talent anymore, but Living Bomb now automatically spreads to heroes. But not minions, so you can't blow someone up for being in a wave of minions, but you can blow them up for zerging.

Also did anyone else notice that they removed Bolt of the Storm from two mages in the game when blinking is a mage thing??
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

I'm curious, what's the general appeal of Heroes of the Storm? How does an average game go? Is it comparable to any modes of other MOBAs? I last checked out the game about 10 months ago, and wasn't too enthralled by it (of course at that time it had like 20 heroes, most of which were supports which I hate playing, and was barely a beta), and wasn't too interested in it, but looking at it again after getting just about burned out by League, I see a lot of more interesting characters and want to get into it again, but I'm not sure how the game flows compared to other MOBAs as there are no items to buy, levelling is just "pick 1 of a few perks", and there's no gold bonus from killing creeps. I imagine games are just giant teamfights from the beginning of the match?
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Its like most mobas, minus the boring 15 minutes of farming and having to recall after every teamfight to buy items and heal.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
dakrusha
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by dakrusha »

I have about 3000 games of hots under my belt. The beginning of most games is about taking objectives and getting your ults first which means soaking exp in each lane. In between soaking objectives will pop up which you will need to fight over to get an advantage over the other team, After ten its mostly team fights. Exp is shared so you cant really carry unfortunately.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

I have no idea how to compare and contrast it with League because I've played that game a grand total of one time
EvilPinkamina wrote:Its like most mobas, minus the boring 15 minutes of farming and having to recall after every teamfight to buy items and heal.
unless your defense/health is hopelessly pitiful, in that case you're going to be doing a lot of hearthing to heal (at least, if you're a filthy casual who doesn't know how to play well, like I am)
dakrusha
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by dakrusha »

I like to main Muradin when I play hero league I got him up to lvl 16. My favorite map is dragon shire, mainly because its my highest winrate map.
Talents
Spoiler:
Reverberation: enemies hit by thunderclap have there attack speed reduced by 50 percent for 3 seconds
thunderburn: thunderclap leaves a zone that will explode after two seconds slowing those hit by it by 25 percent for 2.5 seconds
Piercing bolt: storm bolt can pierce through one target
Avatar: increase your hit points by a TON for 20 seconds
thunderstrike: if one target is hit by thunderstrike it takes 300 percent increased damage from it
Stoneform: activate to heal for 50 percent of your hp over 8 seconds
Rewind: refreshes the cooldown on all basic abilities]
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

I played for a bit, and then just spammed games to hit level 12 for the hearthstone card back.
It's ok, but I played a lot of Dota 2 before and I think I prefer that
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.