Digimon Cyber Sleuth Anyone?

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
KaiserSenpai
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Digimon Cyber Sleuth Anyone?

Post by KaiserSenpai »

I am so excited, pre-ordered it last week as I'm a huge fan of Digimon and JRPGs. Turn base especially, with over 240 Digimon I'm hyped!

I've been hoping for a good Digimon game, haven't seen a good one since the Playstation 1 days.

Your starters are:
Spoiler:
Terriermon
Palmon
Hagurumon
I'm picking Terriermon!

My top 10 Digimon will be:
Spoiler:
1 Terriermon
2 Lopmon
3 Impmon
4 Gaomon
5 Guilmon
6 Elecmon
7 Renamon
8 Lucemon
9 Patamon
10 Hawkmon
I believe we get 11 Digimon per team.

CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Re: Digimon Cyber Sleuth Anyone?

Post by CitrusCat »

Talk about perfect timing, I was really starting to think about Digimon again yesterday, and started looking up old games (like Digimon World 4) and the Digimon Masters Online MMO. I had no idea a new game was finally coming!

To be honest, the only Digimon game I have is Digimon Rumble Arena 2, which is actually a bit mediocre, but I loved the anime when I was younger, and I'm so glad that the series isn't dead!

Unfortunately, I can't really name or recognize that many Digimon since it's been so long, but there are a few that I'm really fond of. My current favorite Digimon overall is Dorumon, although that may change as I get familiar with some of the others.

I am familiar with Terriermon and Palmon, but I have no idea what Hagurumon is... Well, until I looked it up just now.

My only problem with this is that I don't have a PlayStation 4...
If I do get one somehow, though, I might also go with Terriermon as my starter.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

Terriermon and Palmon I get as starters, but Hagurumon kinda surprised me. I've seen it as a early on digimon (I got it as my first random in Digimon Dusk) but never a starter before.
Shame I don't have a PS4 cause I would totally get this. I love Black Gatomon and Lady Devimon (and they're hard to get in Digimon Dusk :c) so much <3.
CitrusCat wrote:Talk about perfect timing, I was really starting to think about Digimon again yesterday, and started looking up old games (like Digimon World 4) and the Digimon Masters Online MMO. I had no idea a new game was finally coming!
I've heard of DMO, did you join it? If so, could you let me know how it is? I've thought of joining as well.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Add another bullet point to the long list of reasons I should get a PS4.
Sucks that I'm flat broke though and can't even get new games for the systems I do have ( ._.)

<3 that cute goggle girl though
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

ShadriaFan wrote:I've heard of DMO, did you join it? If so, could you let me know how it is? I've thought of joining as well.
I haven't joined yet, I just started looking into it this morning. But, I've definitely been thinking about it. It seems like it could be cool. I just hope that it's still active, because it would really suck to download an MMO only to find out that it's basically dead. If I do join, I'll tell you how it goes.
What is my life anymore?
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

CitrusCat wrote:
ShadriaFan wrote:I've heard of DMO, did you join it? If so, could you let me know how it is? I've thought of joining as well.
I haven't joined yet, I just started looking into it this morning. But, I've definitely been thinking about it. It seems like it could be cool. I just hope that it's still active, because it would really suck to download an MMO only to find out that it's basically dead. If I do join, I'll tell you how it goes.
Thanks! I've seen it on youtube before, and it looks cool. Don't know how my computer will handle it (it struggles with the sprite based PMU!) but I'm certainly interested in it.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

I just watched some videos of it, too, and I'm liking the looks of it.
I know how you feel regarding your computer, though. Mine isn't the best for gaming, so I'm hoping to get a new one for my birthday, if we can find one that's affordable. Not only that, but our current computer isn't specifically mine, but rather the family's, so my parents use it too (mostly my mom). So I don't know how much free memory space it has left.

Anyway, back to Cyber Sleuth... (You can PM me if you wanna continue the conversation about DMO)

I have a question... There are 240+ Digimon in the game, right? But, how many Digimon exist in total? Are any Digimon absent from this game, or are all of them present?
What is my life anymore?
KaiserSenpai
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by KaiserSenpai »

ShadriaFan wrote:Terriermon and Palmon I get as starters, but Hagurumon kinda surprised me. I've seen it as a early on digimon (I got it as my first random in Digimon Dusk) but never a starter before.
Shame I don't have a PS4 cause I would totally get this. I love Black Gatomon and Lady Devimon (and they're hard to get in Digimon Dusk :c) so much <3.
CitrusCat wrote:Talk about perfect timing, I was really starting to think about Digimon again yesterday, and started looking up old games (like Digimon World 4) and the Digimon Masters Online MMO. I had no idea a new game was finally coming!
I've heard of DMO, did you join it? If so, could you let me know how it is? I've thought of joining as well.
It's free to play, kinda sucks yet doesn't.

The storyline is garbage, all about killing Digimon and taking their fangs which isn't a thihg.
Evolving your Digimon takes real life money or serious grinding, so much grinding it's almost easier to pay for it.

They get you a lot with that, you can unlock it by putting HOURS into the game or unlock with an easy payment of
5.99. You need 3 pieces of a machine to digivolve, I only need one more and I want to give up.

Hatching Digimon or evening getting their egg is so time consuming, again easier to buy them.
The RNG in that game is harsh, just buy a PS4 before you give DMO $350 for Digi eggs and data.
KaiserSenpai
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by KaiserSenpai »

CitrusCat wrote:I just watched some videos of it, too, and I'm liking the looks of it.
I know how you feel regarding your computer, though. Mine isn't the best for gaming, so I'm hoping to get a new one for my birthday, if we can find one that's affordable. Not only that, but our current computer isn't specifically mine, but rather the family's, so my parents use it too (mostly my mom). So I don't know how much free memory space it has left.

Anyway, back to Cyber Sleuth... (You can PM me if you wanna continue the conversation about DMO)

I have a question... There are 240+ Digimon in the game, right? But, how many Digimon exist in total? Are any Digimon absent from this game, or are all of them present?
200 exist in base game, 40 are DLC.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

That didn't really answer my question, though. What I meant was, are there any Digimon (from the series as a whole) that will not appear in this new game? If so, hopefully it's only a few. I want to try to get more familiar with the other Digimon's names and such.

Also, in terms of DMO's Digivolving issue, that doesn't bother me too much since I honestly prefer most of the Rookie-level Digimon forms anyway, in terms of design. Because most of the final-form Digimon all look the same to me: Giant humanoid cyborg-mechs with lots of armor and/or weapons. I always prefer the cute, animal-like Digimon, even if they're not nearly as strong. I dunno, I'm weird like that, I guess.
What is my life anymore?
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Unlike Pokemon, Digimon aren't added in discrete generations, so it's difficult to keep track of the total number. That said, 240 isn't anywhere near all of them.

Back in Digimon's hayday, Saban or Bandai America produced a numbering that started with Adventure 01 listing mons by order of first appearance. Koromon was #001, MetalGreymon was #054, and Myotismon was #090 if I remember correctly, and that's only the first half of the season. After Apocalymon, the numbering continued with a bunch who made their US debut outside of the anime before going into thoses introduced in 02. I want to say MaloMyotismon was either 276 or 376 by this numbering.

Also note:
There are at least 62 Armor Evolutions(10 each for Wormon, Hawkmon, Armadillomon, Patamon, and Gatomon, 11 for Veemon, and 1 for Terriormon).
There are at least 46 mons related to the ancient spirits(Human, Beast, and Double Sprit evolutions plus the legendary warrior for each of 10 elements, the two Hyper Spirit Evolutions, The corrupted Human and Beast sprits of Darkness, Susanoomon, and Flamon).
Most Partner Digimon have canon evolution lines from baby to ultimate, and even the ones with no conon mega form have at least one fanon mega and this is ignoring that nearly everything that isn't the anime has evolution webs rather than chains.

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain the number of Digimon broke 1000 years ago.
KaiserSenpai
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by KaiserSenpai »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:Unlike Pokemon, Digimon aren't added in discrete generations, so it's difficult to keep track of the total number. That said, 240 isn't anywhere near all of them.

Back in Digimon's hayday, Saban or Bandai America produced a numbering that started with Adventure 01 listing mons by order of first appearance. Koromon was #001, MetalGreymon was #054, and Myotismon was #090 if I remember correctly, and that's only the first half of the season. After Apocalymon, the numbering continued with a bunch who made their US debut outside of the anime before going into thoses introduced in 02. I want to say MaloMyotismon was either 276 or 376 by this numbering.

Also note:
There are at least 62 Armor Evolutions(10 each for Wormon, Hawkmon, Armadillomon, Patamon, and Gatomon, 11 for Veemon, and 1 for Terriormon).
There are at least 46 mons related to the ancient spirits(Human, Beast, and Double Sprit evolutions plus the legendary warrior for each of 10 elements, the two Hyper Spirit Evolutions, The corrupted Human and Beast sprits of Darkness, Susanoomon, and Flamon).
Most Partner Digimon have canon evolution lines from baby to ultimate, and even the ones with no conon mega form have at least one fanon mega and this is ignoring that nearly everything that isn't the anime has evolution webs rather than chains.

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain the number of Digimon broke 1000 years ago.

I just meant 240 in game.