Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice

Post by retrolinkx »

Well guys, it's been confirmed.

Release is sometime in September

It's looking great already, and I'm really happy it's coming to the west, unlike DGS and AAI2. It just shows Capcom haven't truly forgotten about us.

It's a shame they're using the DD voices, but I guess it's going to be part of the 3DS AA games for a while. Phoenix had a better voice in the originals, and even in the crossover. Although, at least it's coming out. Bad voice or not.

Here's the Final Japanese trailer

Apollo vs Wright. Now that should be a good trial. I remember I even said that Phoenix's and Apollo's investigations should lead up to a final case where they face off. Hopefully it should be good.

How about you, Fox other Ace Attorney fans. How do you feel about this?
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Re: Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Can't wait to spam tf out of all the new gifs.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Magikarpador
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Magikarpador »

That ending scene... Why is Phoenix prosecuting?

Game is looking great, I'm glad Apollo is getting more time in the spotlight, though I will say, I think Phoenix has been developed enough and I wouldn't mind if he just became a minor focus for awhile. Or if he was murdered and Apollo and Athena had to solve the case.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

^

Most likely a trial case/first case to remind the player how to play the game, because we all know people are going to start with the 6th game in the series. I'm hoping that it's the final case of the game, and the cases Apollo does back home and Phoenix does in Kurain link together and there is good reason for Apollo to defend and for Phoenix to prosecute. I'd love to go up against Phoenix as Apollo. That would be something.
Magikarpador wrote: Or if he was murdered and Apollo and Athena had to solve the case.
Well if the eventual Ghost Trick x Phoenix Wright is ever made, this was one possibility. Honestly, I'd love to see it happen, the whole game would be something else, or at least the interactions between characters.

Phoenix died, and Apollo and Athena have to find the killer, hopefully with an unstable Apollo, Athena and Trucy.

What would be interesting would be a Phoenix case where Maya is assumed dead similar to Case 3-5 where Phoenix couldn't find her and kept on putting the thought that she was dead behind him, and he puts it behind him this time, and as the situation starts to prove she's dead, he asks Pearl to channel her. Then the screen turns black.
"...Sorry, Nick"

Of course, if they did make a Ghost Trick x Phoenix Wright game, I'm not sure how they'd put both the games together to flow well together. I mean having someone who can turn back time and stop a death, along with a people who require a death to have a case, will be hard to have together.
Magikarpador
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Magikarpador »

The thing about Ghost Trick is it was wrapped up really nicely and it's hard to see any room for a sequel or even a crossover. I love the game, I just don't see what they could do with it.
wic.
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by wic. »

This is pretty cool, I still haven't played DD since it's been years since I played the originals and I wanted to replay them first. I should do that this summer.

Somewhat off topic, but are the Miles Edgeworth spinoff games any good? Are they worth checking out?
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

YAAAASSS. Those games are def worth the playthrough. At least in my opinion. They take a more adventure style game approach, as oppose to the point and click style of the mainline games, and its really fun.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Magikarpador
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Magikarpador »

Miles Edgeworth Investigation was pretty fun, and a lot of good humor, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the main games, though Investigations 2 on the other hand, absolutely amazing, I'd recommend it just for Case 3 alone, but the whole game and quality of fan translation is really high.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Magikarpador wrote:The thing about Ghost Trick is it was wrapped up really nicely and it's hard to see any room for a sequel or even a crossover. I love the game, I just don't see what they could do with it.
It doesn't mean there can't be a mix between the two. Another telling of the same story with Phoenix and Co. helping out. If Takumi is behind it, it'll be fine.
wic. wrote:This is pretty cool, I still haven't played DD since it's been years since I played the originals and I wanted to replay them first. I should do that this summer.

Somewhat off topic, but are the Miles Edgeworth spinoff games any good? Are they worth checking out?
Yeah, the first AAI game is alright. I like it but people have hatred for it being quite slow, and the last case dragging on. AAI2 which you will have to get a fan translation for, is pretty great. The whole game has interesting cases, and all the cases are high tier.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Bumping since I finished this a couple of days ago. Here's my opinions of the cases and the game overall.
Spoiler:
Case 1 was an incredibly long case. Might be the longest intro case in the series to date. I had no real gripes with it other than the fact it was long. It introduced the main concepts of the DCA and had Phoenix being Phoenix protecting the weak and such and such.

Case 2 was a fun case, and I really enjoyed seeing the technical aspects of the game. Bonny and Betty being cross examined together, as well as Trucy's whole testimony were something else. I was really shocked and impressed at what they were able to accomplish. Plus, I've been wondering when Apollo would get to defend Trucy since it seems like something that SHOULD have happened in his own signature game.

Case 3 was a cool case. I enjoyed seeing Maya channel someone. Like ACTUAL channel someone. I've always wondered how it would work on a guy, and was pleasantly surprised. The case was somewhat predicable, but the final twist was not. Plus, Datz character was great, and I'm happy I got to see him in the 5th case.

Case 4 was a short case and I didn't like that at all. But Simon being an assistant, and the whole flow of the case, as well as Athena being pretty much alone to handle the whole thing was a plus in my book. She needed to have a case to prove herself in. Since, it was a 1 day trial, there wasn't much to accuse but I did suspect the wrong person for the majority of the case. So there's always that.

Case 5, as I said. Felt like fanfiction. However, it doesn't mean it's not a great case. Apollo vs Phoenix, as hype as it was fell kind of short once you knew Maya was in danger, and the way you got out of it felt kind of cheap. In 2-4 you had to present a specific piece of evidence to Shelly De Killer, to not only save Maya's life but also convict the right person. You basically outplayed Matt Engarde, whereas to outplay the bad guy here. It was a series of routes to the answer, you didn't have to think of anything. I never really liked the thought resonance thing, but I guess it's the make the gameplay easier or whatever.

As the case progressed and you won. Phoenix then had a secondary role through the case. I get it was an Apollo case, and damn he deserved as much backstory and main character action since he didn't get any of it in his own damn game, and he of course left the WAA to go to make his own firm, so this was probably the big step forward he needed.

The twists and turns for the case were really cool, but I felt they also fell pretty short due to being wayyyy to predictable half the time. When the Queen showed her true form, I instantly knew it was her. The game tried to sway it in different directions, but I always had my eyes on her throughout the game, and during the entire trial I could see 10 steps ahead and was just waiting to get to step 11 so I could see the next 10 steps. I guess playing the series for 9 years does that for you.

I enjoyed the reasoning to why Nahyuta acted as he did, and loved it when he switched sides and instantly said "A DRAGON NEVER YIELDS" sent a smile to my face and chills down my spine. Also, the amount of violence in this game was something else. Seeing two people get shot, and Phoenix and Apollo held at gunpoint while they continued their trial. It was something else.

It ended quite well, it's interesting to see Apollo get his own law firm in another country. This will mean Khu'rain will get another appearance in another game (or possibly, we'll never see it again. Who knows). As for Phoenix and Athena, they'll probably be there in the next game, as long as they don't try and introduce ANOTHER main character for us to play as. Then, we have to have 4 at a time. If Apollo has anything to do in the next game.

But yeah, here's hoping for the next game to have more time for Athena to shine, and possibly some mixups like new characters vs old ones, as well as some re-appearances. I'd love to see Gumshoe or Franziska back.
My rankings for the games would be something like this, but could change as time goes on.

AA > AAI2 > T&T > SoJ >= PLvsPW > DD > AAI = JFA > AJ