Bokura no Taiyo

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Bokura no Taiyo

Post by Prince Ricard »

I'm a big fan of the Boktai series, and I was wondering -- would anyone else here happen to have played these games?

For those who don't know about them, Boktai (short for Bokura no Taiyo) is a series of games primarily on the Gameboy Advance, and one of Hideo Kojima's lesser-known projects. The games follow the path of the young vampire hunter Django (the character in my current avatar), as he wields the Solar Gun to protect the world from the immortal vampires. The setting and feel is very interesting, as although it's about vampires, the series is also VERY heavily inspired by "Old West" type stuff. The games are unique for their mechanic of using real-life sunlight to affect the gameplay using a Solar Sensor built into the game's cartridge. The amount of sunlight picked up by the sensor would affect how quickly you can charge the Solar Gun, how well you can purify the vampire bosses, and many more miscellaneous things within the game. There are 4 games in the series: Boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand, Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django, Boktai 3: Sabata's Counterattack (which was only released in Japan), and Boktai DS (known outside of Japan as "Lunar Knights").

So? Any other Boktai fans here? Think it seems interesting? Interested in playing it yourself? (if you are, I do recommend emulating the games, as they're rather hard to find and emulating offers a few luxuries that a cartridge lacks, such as not having to depend on actual sunlight.)