Xenoblade Chronicles (X)

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
BriefCasey795
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: Recovering Cancer Patient

Xenoblade Chronicles (X)

Post by BriefCasey795 »

I don't think there has been a thread on this game as far as I know, so I may as well make one if anyone here aside from myself happens to play any of the two games.

Might also be useful for helping one another on progressing through the game if someone is still playing through it. I'm probably late to the party though since I only got Xenoblade for the 3DS around February of this year.

Though, this probably should go without saying, but given the nature of the games and all, I do ask that if you're gonna post spoilers about the game, use the spoiler tag since I'm still progressing through the game, so yeah, not much to say on that.
Friend Codes - Youtube - Steam -
Anything you see on here before 2016-17 does not reflect who I am today.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Xenoblade Chronicles (X)

Post by chaoadventures »

oh dear

I got the original on the Wii U a few days ago because I was bored to the brink of insanity and needed something that was said to be a long game. Worth the $20 I payed.

Also I am bothered by the timing of this topic. I was actually wondering if someone would do that. IT'S LIKE I CAN SEE THE FUTURE

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
BriefCasey795
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by BriefCasey795 »

Cue to obligatory music ingame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSa6xYL-_MI

Though speaking of, the OST is really freakin' good in my opinion.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

The OST is fantastic. I got Xenoblade Chronicles 3D this last Christmas, and I've been playing it on and off since. Currently I'm pretty close to the end of the game (I think); though I am stuck on the fight against Disciple Lorithia at the moment. I would seriously consider this to be the best game I've ever played, though, and I don't say that lightly. The story is fantastic, the combat is actually really fun, and there's just so much to do. I've already sunk about 100 hours into my save file, and I'm still not at the end of the game, nor have I even been completing all the sidequests. Seriously, I love this game so much
BriefCasey795
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by BriefCasey795 »

Yeah, I'm still stuck on that fight too. :/ YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE

Seriously, though, that boss fight is one of the most maddening ever because of the ether pools around you, and then there's the summons that multiply the boss' defense like mad.

I did try asking some of my friends, and he beat the boss at level 76 or so, and used Melia/Riki/Seven. Though another friend of mine beat the boss with Shulk/Riki/Melia.

Still trying to grind on higher level enemies in Gaur plain. Currently at level 73.. :/
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Prince Ricard »

I'm at level 72 still, which is probably not optimal... and also the party I was using was Shulk/Dunban/Seven, which is probably not optimal for that fight. I think the next time I play I'm going to try Melia/Reyn/Riki.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

Yukki 2.0
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Arrivederci.

Post by Yukki 2.0 »

I like and hate how even one level difference can spell defeat or success in battle. I also had trouble with Lorithia and I don't even remember how I got past her. I think my team was Shulk/Sharla/Melia at level 75ish. I remember going through hell and bad luck to win that fight. Stock up on some OP gems and go back to grind on sidequests/secret areas and you should be fine.

On another note, Xenoblade Chronicles is by far my favorite game of all time, even topping Wind Waker in my list. Like Ricard said earlier, the soundtrack is gorgeous and heart-pumping, the story is fantastic with great storytelling and unpredictable yet heavily foreshadowed plot twists, the world feels alive with all the characters and npc's having their story and so much lore packed into the world, the amount of character growth everybody and I mean everybody goes through, the list goes on and on. My only complaint is that the final reveal with Alvis and what he is/how their world truly came to be was kind of a letdown and felt shoehorned. Also that Seven ended up winning Shulk over, poor Melia. Melia and Shulk was by far the best pairing in that game.

I haven't seen too much of Xenoblade Chronicles X because I lack a Wii U, and how big the game is really intimidates me due to the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii took me hundreds of hours to beat and this new one was astoundingly bigger.
The Chao Island Resurgence will occur in 2026.
Gaon
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Gaon »

I bought Xenoblade Chronicles 3D a year ago and it's by far one of the most complete and best games I have ever played, a game that doesn't need a direct sequel/continuation. I loved the soundtrack and characters (Melia and Riki specially). I hate how Shulk got lowered into a joke because of the "I'm really feeling it" memes (Note, I knew of Xenoblade because of BrawlBRSTMs uploading xenoblade soundtrack years before Smash). I loved the final boss soundtrack As it goes with the cutscene and then one minute in "Can it be... a monado?" it gave me a lot of chills and this kind of final boss soundtrack is god-tier, ended the game with Shulk, Dunban and Sharla. I have never been so hooked with a game like this, Also this made me hate Dickson and made me feel bad for Dunban since both of his friends turned out to be villains

Absolutely no regrets.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Prince Ricard »

So, I just beat Chronicles 3D the other day... Wow. Just. Holy ****, wow. The final boss fight was really spectacular -- phase 2 was the hardest part I'd say, it took me a good number of tries. (My party was Shulk/Dunban/Seven.) And the ending... it was impressive. Though it felt a little backloaded with the reveals about Alvis, the world itself, and Klaus, I didn't really mind -- Xenoblade is packed with story anyway, so it didn't hurt to have an extra helping at the end. I actually really liked it -- it resolves everything fairly well, but still leaves you with a lot to think about -- like, what exactly are the powers of a god? Can there really be a world with no gods? Is Alvis a god, in some way? The ending theme also made me very emotional. I'm now 100% sure that this was actually the best game I've ever played; the only downside is that I don't think any other game could live up to it now.
BriefCasey795
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by BriefCasey795 »

Seems like I've still got quite a bit to go. I finally beat Lorithia today, and was super satisfied upon doing so since that boss gave me hell. Though now that I'm on Prison Island again, I'm stuck on the part where you gotta fight hordes of 3 of one monster, and the third one has me stuck. Trying to press on with Shulk/Reyn/Sharla, but I keep dying. I'm currently level 76. Any tips, anyone?
Last edited by BriefCasey795 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Prince Ricard »

From my understanding, Sharla becomes less and less effective as you get farther in the game, although it depends on how she's set up. Still, if you're trouble I'd just recommend changing up your party in some way. If you're getting overwhelmed, it might help to either try and focus down the weaker enemies first, or to use some form of crowd control. Oh, and since I think I know which part you're at: Stay at the back of the bridge and let the enemies come to you. The elementals getting involved will make things much harder.
Yukki 2.0
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Arrivederci.

Post by Yukki 2.0 »

^Actually, Sharla was a really good support character to play as. I maxed out most of her best arts, and when I controlled her, we always ended up winning unless the enemy was like a million times stronger than us. Heal Round is a game changer with Shield Bullet and Heal Counter. Tbh I think Sharla is pretty underrated.
The Chao Island Resurgence will occur in 2026.
BriefCasey795
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by BriefCasey795 »

I should probably share what kind of arts Sharla has on my game.

Might try Shulk/Riki/Sharla next though

EDIT: So I've made it to Zanza after all those spirit enemies, and he's giving me a crapton of trouble. Anyone got any tips?
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Prince Ricard »

Spoiler:
I had some trouble with the Zanza fight as well, particularly the second phase. I think i was around level 78 by the time I was fighting him? Anyways, first things first, you're probably going to want to be controlling Shulk, I think. Not that I've fought Zanza as anyone else yet, but the ability to use Monado Speed and Monado Shield to cancel visions is invaluable, I think. Speaking of visions, you're probably already aware that in this fight, you need to complete a Burst Affinity to actually see the visions. You need to make sure you're careful with those; as the attacks Zanza uses in the visions are usually devastatingly powerful. Another tip is to make sure you take down the Zanza Guardians when he spawns them. Although Zanza himself isn't always, the guardians ARE affected by Break/Topple/Daze, so that can be a good way to handle them. Just make sure you're telling your allies to focus on them. Lastly, the one big thing that tipped the fight in my favor for me was that I gave Shulk gems that would allow me to fill the talent gauge faster, so that I could always be ready for the visions that I would receive. I think there is a specific gem that makes the talent gauge fill faster, although I didn't have any when I fought Zanza. Other than that, you'll want Double Attack and Haste to attack faster, and maybe Auto-Attack Stealth so you don't pull aggro.
BriefCasey795
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by BriefCasey795 »

Spoiler:
Well, I've made it to the second phase, and the new guardians later on give me trouble. :/ Though, what moves can Monado shield block from Zanza? The only one I know is the Titan Bazooka one.
Gaon
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Gaon »

Spoiler:
Have you gotten the Monado Eater and Monado Armor yet? Monado Eater causes bleed while Monado Armor reduces the damage you take from enemies, be sure to level that art up if you want up to 75% of damage to be sustained. The optimal level on facing Zanza is level 80. You get those 2 arts from missions, I dont remember where exactly.

BOY GOOD LUCK ON THE FINAL FIGHT IT'S THE MOST EPIC BATTLE THEME EVER.
Also has anyone faced the super bosses yet? Final Marcus, Ancient Daedala, Despotic Arsene, Blizzard Belzagas and Avalanche Avassy

It's also funny how such a small rabbit can be stronger than GOD. Also I wonder why is the Ancient Daedala a thing, it's like a Mechon that's around the shore where you meet up with Seven.
?
BriefCasey795
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by BriefCasey795 »

Well, doesn't matter now. I've finally beat the game, and it was amazing.
Spoiler:
I was really surprised yet amazed that Fiora got her old homs body back, and I think I was almost in tears at the end. Xenoblade is truly one of the best video games I have ever played....aside from the fact that they kinda made Dickson being evil, and Metal Face being Mumkhar so blatantly obvious. Though I wasn't expecting Dickson to be so evil, he shoots Shulk in the freaking back, and then Zanza shows how much of a jerk he truly is.

Still a good game
Don't think I would have got through without the tips I saw here. Thanks to those who did post them.