Persona 5

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Gaon
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Persona 5

Post by Gaon »

Persona 4's days are gone and we're moving onto thieving.

I'm totally hyped for this game, with worth delays unlike mighty no. 9, I really like the characters (specially Makoto) they've shown so far I only wish they showed more of Goro Akechi.

So any thoughts?
moonsoul
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: How to cure an obsession: Get a new one

Re: Persona 5

Post by moonsoul »

They made so many spin-off games of Persona 4 that I'm kind of sick of it, haha. I hope the stylistic design attracts new gamers to the series. It's always nice to get a perspective from people who aren't familiar with all the hard gimmicks Atlus games are notorious for. I probably won't get a chance to play it as soon as it's released, even with the delays, but it's a game I'll have to pick up sooner or later. I can't help but love the madness of forming bonds and fighting monsters.
Vampires smell good.
Gaon
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Gaon »

They needed to milk Persona 4 to death with spinoffs and animes (P4GA 2 years ago) to get enough budget. Persona 4 Arena was meh while Ultimax got better, Q Is actually great even for Persona's debut in a nintendo console, I didnt care much about dancing all night, and yeah they also needed Persona 3's help with the tetralogy of movies which are also pretty good. At least it wont end like Mighty No. 9 which turned out to be gamings biggest disappointment.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

I'm hyped as hell for P5. Winter 2014 can't come fast enough!

Release date jokes aside, the game honestly looks great. I'm in love with the characters -- as to be expected of Persona games, the main cast is full of characters I can already tell I'll like. I'm also fascinated to see where they take the story, since it looks like things are gonna get heavier than in, say, P4 for example. The gameplay's gotta be exciting too - I love that they've brought back demon negotiations. I'm also hoping that the difficulty will be higher than in P3 or P4; I've talked to my friends who have played Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (which to my understanding plays like a Persona clone but with some Fire Emblem mechanics) and they've said it's actually really challenging, so I'm hoping Atlus brings that challenge to P5 as well.
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

If it isn't GOTY I'll be so upset
eboy's seme
Gaon
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Gaon »

Okay this game has been really good so far, I just beat the 4th palace (excuse my slow movement as I have work and I have to draw as well)

This really shows the messed up scenarios of corrupted adults and stuff