Abandoned by Chao Island

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Re: [Image Heavy] Abandoned by Chao Island

Post by Pumpkinium »

its common to play on a version 1-2 versions behind the newest one so dont worry about it

also a pluggin for consideration if its not too much hassle: mcmmo
help me
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

I never liked McMMO. My initial reaction back in 2014 was "This is a thing." and I never really saw it as anything more than a gimick.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

^really? are you sure were thinking about the same thing because all mcmmo does is reward you for levelling up/doing tasks like digging, mining, etc. i personally think its a really fun plugin.
help me
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

^If I can find one for 1.8.8 then sure. Right now I'm trying to find some nice admin plugins for warps and homes since admincmd is obsolete now.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

1. Will there be a resource pack/sound pack/music pack/texture pack on the server?
2. White list?
3. Rules? (PVP, greifing, RP, CP)
4. Please don't disable any stupid commands to players. (/me, /say, /ping, /pong,)
5. Shop? (/nick, /disguise, world edit for real money? Please don't do this, make it for free and by all players)
6. Game mode? Can we change it? Are all game modes accessible by players?
7. Vanila? Modded? Bukkit? Tekkit? Hexxit?
8. Maximum players?
9. Can there be a full list of plugins added to the server here or in the server?
10. Notify this forum when it works.
11. Will there by special rank like CI Artist, Moderator, Admin, Helper? Can we add our own groups for clubs? Can we edit the permissions by group? (seeFriendlyInvisibles, friendlyFire, deathMessageVisibility, nametagVisibility, color)
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

Pumpkinium wrote:^really? are you sure were thinking about the same thing because all mcmmo does is reward you for levelling up/doing tasks like digging, mining, etc. i personally think its a really fun plugin.
Yeah, but I still think it's a stupid gimick.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

I find them fun, along with /ping, /pong, /me /say, /tellraw, /title
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

Hmm, since the majority seems to be in favour of it, I guess it would perhaps be better.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

SwifterTheDragon wrote:1. Will there be a resource pack/sound pack/music pack/texture pack on the server?
Maybe. I was thinking there could be one that makes some minor changes to the vanilla graphics, like paintings and a few icons or blocks.

2. White list?
I don't think one will be necessary this time around. The server will be equipped with anti-grief tools and probably won't be cracked.

3. Rules? (PVP, greifing, RP, CP)
The obvious stuff. No griefing, no going up and killing someone unless a duel was agreed to, don't be a dick, etc. MAYBE a rule for keeping it PG-13.

4. Please don't disable any stupid commands to players. (/me, /say, /ping, /pong,)
We won't, at least not on purpose. If there's a command you think that players should be entitled to that aren't, let me know.

5. Shop? (/nick, /disguise, world edit for real money? Please don't do this, make it for free and by all players)
Nope, everything will be free. We won't even have a donate button unless on the off-chance I decide to pay for a host.

6. Game mode? Can we change it? Are all game modes accessible by players?
It'll be Survival in the island worlds. I might include creative if there's enough popular demand. I don't want to needlessly bloat the server, at least not while we're just getting started.

7. Vanila? Modded? Bukkit? Tekkit? Hexxit?
I've settled on Vanilla 1.8.8.

8. Maximum players?
I haven't thought that far yet. We may get like 5 players on at once if we're lucky, so I guess the default 20 will do.

9. Can there be a full list of plugins added to the server here or in the server?
Yes, to both.

10. Notify this forum when it works.
Will do.
Anyway, it doesn't look like I'll be able to include MCmmo to the server. It's spigot exclusive afaik and costs money.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

oh it is??? well then it is a gimmick if it costs money to use...
help me
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Alright, I'm almost done setting up the server I think. After I get all the permissions set up, I might do a test run of the server. Keep in mind that I'm going to be the one hosting it for this test run, however. So expect it to be very laggy. If anyone is interested in hosting the server, now would be the time to step forward.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Should I message you about updates here or on the server? If your going to have it on the server, add /mail. It's really useful if you could. Examples: Someone broke a rule or two, I find a command useless, enable it please! Or some kind of error that kicks/crashes the player/server?
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

By the way, if you wanna know a few ways to crash the server for any reason, PM me. I've been experimenting on how to crash any server, and some are really odd.
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

Oh, BTW, I'm totally gonna use a hacked client and none of you can do anything about it.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Kappa, I'll use an x-ray texture pack.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Pufflehugs wrote:Oh, BTW, I'm totally gonna use a hacked client and none of you can do anything about it.
If you can, that is. I have online-mode currently set to true. Can cracked clients bypass that now?

Anyway, the test run is about to begin! All I have to do is make a few preparations, and it'll be all set! The test run will probably last a day or two, or whenever I can find someone reliable to host the server.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Insert GIF of glitched Chao having a seizure in a loop looking like it never ends here
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

CasualCollision wrote:Anyway, the test run is about to begin! All I have to do is make a few preparations, and it'll be all set! The test run will probably last a day or two, or whenever I can find someone reliable to host the server.
Fifty minutes later...
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Re: [Image Heavy] Abandoned by Chao Island (The server test run has started! See first post!)

Are you guys having problems connecting? JmT and Puffle were able to get on just fine.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: [Image Heavy] Abandoned by Chao Island (The server test run has started! See first post!)

Did I miss something? What's the IP?
EDIT: NVM, just didnt read
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

CasualCollision wrote:
Pufflehugs wrote:Oh, BTW, I'm totally gonna use a hacked client and none of you can do anything about it.
If you can, that is. I have online-mode currently set to true. Can cracked clients bypass that now?
Everything I tried worked. :darkhappy:
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Pumpkinium »

ill try to join later or tomorrow, im in a real bad mood rn so i dont feel like getting on
help me
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

I've run into a bit of a roadblock. Apparently 1.8 isn't very good at displaying other peoples' skins on servers. I found a plugin that fixes it, but it's spigot exclusive...

I'll keep y'all updated and see if I can get this fixed.
Yukki 2.0
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Arrivederci.

Post by Yukki 2.0 »

It's probably just my PC that's lagging and timing me out. I've a couple of questions...

So how will the time travel mechanic work? Is it literally two separate versions of the old server, with the future version being the one you built?

The island so far looked filled up. Will there be any space for newcomers such as myself?
The Chao Island Resurgence will occur in 2026.