Second Life?

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
dustyoni
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: ayylmao

Second Life?

Post by dustyoni »

Anyone play Second Life? I get on it periodically.
Today I got a cute Cheese the Chao avatar are switched it a bit to kind of mimic the look of a mint Chao.
:walkto:

If anyone plays and wants to hang out, my username name is scarlettbunnii!
There seems to be a small Sonic fanbase on it but they're kind of hard to find for me.
:darkblink: :blink: :heroblink:
party time
Skonia
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: Vugzahd, rei ahrk storniik.

Re: Second Life?

Post by Skonia »

i've always wanted to play secondlife but i get kind of intimidated by the thought of making my own model with animations and stuff. i get weird about myself so i like making my own things rather than just use premade things.
y'all...
Image Image Image
dustyoni
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: ayylmao

Post by dustyoni »

Skonia wrote:i've always wanted to play secondlife but i get kind of intimidated by the thought of making my own model with animations and stuff. i get weird about myself so i like making my own things rather than just use premade things.
That's understandable!
I have a ton of tweaked and customized avatars made by other people. I might do a custom texture on this Chao avatar, not sure though.

Honestly though, I would prefer to use my own work as an avatar, so I get where you're coming from.
:darkblink: :blink: :heroblink:
party time
Aruesso
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by Aruesso »

i used to poke around and hang out on second life a lot, i have some cheap furry avatar i cobbled together with gifts and free stuff... tbh i wanna get back into it but only after i can make some of my own stuff

otherwise when i Do log in i kinda hop around sims until my computer begs me for mercy and death
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

I've heard of Second Life a little while back and I kinda want to try it out, although at the same time I'm a bit hesitant. I've done some research on it, but I'm still not entirely sure what to expect from it.

I definitely love the idea of being able to fully customize your avatar, but this also makes me worry about stumbling across adult content. While I am old enough to join, I still don't want to see anything inappropriate, so I'm hoping there are some restrictions and/or ways to avoid things like that.

Also, looking at the official website, the default avatars seem kinda dull (I didn't see any animal-based ones aside from an ugly werewolf model), so I'm hoping that customization won't be too difficult when getting started.

If I do end up joining, I'll let you guys know.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Aruesso
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by Aruesso »

there are settings that prevent you from going into more adult rated sims though doesn't realyl stop others from trying to put on less appropriate avatars, but with the Firestorm viewer you can hide their avatar so you don't see it

also yeah trying to make the default avatars work until you can afford like, other avatar bases and parts is kind of a struggle.... SL isn't really a game as much as it is a potentially expensive hobby