Phone games

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Phone games

Post by Mamkute »

What sort of games do you all play on your phones? We all live in a time where pretty much everyone has a smartphone, so how do you pass the time when stuck with just your phone (and no one to text/call/etc.)

I am pretty minimalist on my phone games, personally, but I do have them to pass the time when there is not time for anything else.
I have played through a difficult platformer called Mr Jump. Not a great game by any means, but fun and challenging.
Additionally, I have played, for quite some time now, the match 3 puzzle game Pokemon Shuffle. Very similar to Pokemon Trozei, but I never played that one. The game requires too much grinding to remain relevant, but at this point I have invested too much time into it. And the pokemon influence is quite odd (type offensiveness is really all that matters for you, evolving from one mon to another does not exist so it is all about clearing the later stages to catch the other things, and the large number of mons are not usable.)

So what all do you do? Any hidden gems? Is everyone mainstream with their Flappy Birds and 2048's?
CanSteam
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: canpaw but with my own email

Re: Phone games

Post by CanSteam »

Plants vs. Zombies 2, and Nonogram Katana(a picross game) are my go-tos.

I would go on a rant on how Plants vs. Zombies 2 is hated due to predigous against EA and microtransactions, but I don't think that's very on topic.
is the pikmin in my avatar on something or...
chaoko
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: S A D B O Y S

Post by chaoko »

I Used to play Pokemon Go a lot during the summer, but the novelty of it has pretty much worn off for me. I have a GBA emulator that I use to play actual pokemon games and others. If I need to kill some time I'll play plague inc, or mess around in a sequencer app called Caustic.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

None, I dislike mobile games. The only one I have is the mobile port of Sonic CD.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I'm a specimen of millennial that doesn't use a smartphone, a breed so rare some consider it a myth.

I actually own a smartphone, but it's been sitting deactivated in a box along side my DS, 3DS, PSP, and Vita for about foure years ever since my vision went south.

Anyways, back when I could actually use it, some of my favorite time wasters included:

Unblock Me, a sliding block puzzle where you have to move 1*2 rectangles in a 5*5 grid so you can slide a red block out of the board. Kept track of move counts and gave you a rating based on how close to optimal your solution is. I think it had a few hundred puzzles, but most of them had to be unlocked by clearing earlier puzzles.

Nintaii/Amataii: Both were puzzle games where you roll a 1*1*2 cuboid around a squared grid and have to move the block so it slides into a square hole. Nintaii was more forgiving as the board was bounded by invisible walls, and the only obstacles where blocks that would raise/lower when the block stood on switches. Amataii didn't have any walls and rolling off the edge of the level forced you to start over. Amatai featured switches that would expand/collapse bridges, glass panels that would shatter if the block stood upright on them, and buttons that would split the block into two cubes you could move independently but had to rejoin before dropping into the goal hole. Both offered I think 10 levels for free with 100/60 levels if you paid 99 cents for the paid version.

Several versions of a game called Alchemy, in which you start with the elements Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water, had to combine elements to create new ones, and once you created something, you could create as much of it as you wanted. One of the simplest combinations was something like water + fire = steam or water + lightning = oxygen + hydrogen, while more complicated ones include things like corpse + lightning = Frankenstein, Jedi + Sith = Star Wars, or tree + tree = gove and gove + grove = forest. No real point, and you could usually find the solutions to any items you hadn't created by browsing the comments on the Adroid Market, but it was addictive.
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

I play Pokemon GO and Neko Atsume... that's about it. Occasionally I play 2048, but I think I've kind of maxed out whatever skill I have in it; I've never been able to get that 4096 tile :darkcry:
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Pokemon GO a bit, but used to play heartstone a lot. Now though I just read manga (Manga Rock)
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

The Counter of Death is pretty good. It's also free.
I also liked Pokemon GO. Regardless, I can't play either since my phone is missing.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

i played a ps4 port of zelda clone Oceanhorne once

was kinda like ww in attlp form but isometric. it was cute and not too bad.

also i played those dumb doodle god, doodle devil puzzle things.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Skonia
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao
Motto: Vugzahd, rei ahrk storniik.

Post by Skonia »

pokemon go, puzzle and dragons, cookie run, and cookie run: ovenbreak.

i used to play neko atsume but it didn't really keep me interested enough.
y'all...
Image Image Image
SilverRabbit
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: We're going to the ark, so I guess that means we- crud

Post by SilverRabbit »

Some random Sonic Boom game, Plants Vs Zombies 2, Pokémon GO, Rock Tiles and Egg. Not the coolest games ever, but they fill in the time when I am bored.
Weird person who likes cartoons, pink and video-games.
Pentagrami
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: bupsting makes me feel good

Post by Pentagrami »

reigns is really good to pass the time
i in general like puzzle games
also theres this guy moitititi who makes really charming and innovative retro style games i love all their works
im jimmy pentagrami aka grami
firetruckz 2 hes bac wrote:Ghostbupsters
when will dilen come back from the war???......
Rox64
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's OK

Post by Rox64 »

I don't have a smartphone, though I had an Android tablet at one point. All the games I ever went out of my way to play were ports. (More specifically: Minecraft, Sonic 2, and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars.)
I also had the port of the DS remake of Final Fantasy IV, but my tablet broke before I could make any real progress.
Because Roxes 1-62 died from failure to absorb the correct levels of sarcasm and weirdness.
Don't ask about Rox63. Just don't.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

I have been beta testing for a few companies people and so I have a lot. BOXD - Without The E and Cookie Clicker Collector 2 the most since I beta test for those. Both made by Pixelcube Studios.
Most of all it's Geometry Dash. #2.1Hype Becuase it's one year late.
Giara
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Giara »

I play Mystic Messenger xD
sorry if my english sucks :herocry: