What are some good lesser known PSP games?

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

What are some good lesser known PSP games?

Post by Rajikaru »

I have a PSPGo that is in need of some games to fill its library because I don't play a lot of Playstation games.

I luv the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy as well as CTR and Crash Bash, all of which I have, as well as UmJammer Lammy and Parappa. I also got some Tony Hawk games and some foreign games which are all p fun.

Gimme some good games that you think would suit my tastes
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Re: What are some good lesser known PSP games?

Post by Roaxes »

Phantasy star portable 1 and 2 *2 is better and it's alright to skip the 1st one storywise*
There's a third version of the 2nd one with a lot more things but it's Japanese only.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: What are some good lesser known PSP games?

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Don't know if you'll like them, but:
Jeanne D'arc:
This was my introduction to the SRPG genre. Lots of fun, and unlike most other SRPGs I've played since, does a good job of mixing up objectives instead of always being "kill all enemies before they kill all allies".

Ys series:
PSP has ports of I&II Chronicles, The Oath in Felghana(the modern remake of Ys III) and has Ys Seven as an exclusive(at least as far as I know) I've only played Felghana in it's entirety, but it has a very 3-D Zelda like vibe, and what I've played of I&II gave me a 2-D Zelda vibe.

Disgaea series:
The PSP got ports of the first two of the main Disgaea games and is home to the Prinny spin-off games.The main games are SRPGs that will eat up hundreds of hours if you let them, and the Prinny games are fairly hard 2-d platformers.

God of War: Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta.
Pretty solid hack-and-slash games.

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles:
Didn't really care for the main game, but it includes a port of Symphony of the Night as an unlockable.