An RPG of mine

Talk about other games and consoles in here!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: VTuber - XiconExertoroyah

An RPG of mine

Post by XiconDestoroyah »

About a year ago, I was on here to introduce a character to my fighting game, Xicon Exedra Roblox: Battle. That character was Chao.

This year on the week of E3, I released a new game of mine. This one has a chao in it. In fact, it's one of the four main characters.

It took me 6 months and 10 days to complete.

The game is Xicon Exedra: Minor Advancement.

Download Link
https://www.mediafire.com/?yvffob7t8ira7fj

Launch Trailer
https://youtu.be/ChPajdH9i-w

Story
In the universe, Xicon Exedra, another competition is being held. The Sincrons have made an agreement with the administrators from the galaxy named Formation. Four planets from that galaxy were chosen to be the representatives. The competition began, and the Sincrons invaded the four planets, which started a war.

As the war continued, four creatures were selected to go on a long journey to be the ones to end the war. If they succeed, they will be rewarded of what is their best content. The friends of these four had dreams the night before the war began and informed them about this long journey. They went to the destinations (along with fighting some Sincrons) to leave their homes and begin their quest. One surprise, however, was presented. The Exedra Clan, who fought against the Sincrons in the EDW for years, are joining forces with the Sincrons in this competition. May the quest of these four creatures be one of their best.

(Note: These four creatures, along with the rest from the four planets, have taken the form of creatures from games that the creator of the universe, XiconDestoroyah, enjoyed as a way of memory, respect, and recognition.)

Images Involving Chao

ImageImage

Enjoy the game! If you have any questions, let me know.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: An RPG of mine

Post by Triert »

Is this a serious project
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

Oh yeah, I remember when you posted about that fighting game of yours!

As for this game, I have to ask... Who/what are those other three characters supposed to be? I'm not familiar with them.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

one of those characters is one of techno baron's workers and I don't know whether to feel really odd or perfectly fine about that.

But sure, I'll give the game a go.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Triert, yes... I think... The word "serious" caught me off... I'll simply say: it exists.

CitrusCat:

The blue one is A Gang Beast from the game Gang Beasts. Named Blue Fox for this certain one.
The green one is a Techno Grunt from Shantae: Half Genie Hero.
The red one is an Imp from Voodoo Vince.

chaoadventures:

Techno Grunts, from how I saw them, managed to catch my interests because of their face when they are confused and look around to find Shantae when they can't see her. That face made me see some innocence in the Techno Grunt.

For anyone wanting to know how the Gang Beast got in... Gang Beasts will giggle at anytime regardless of what happens. So, I saw innocence in them because of that.
For the other two... Chao... simply Chao... and Imp... simply Imp. Designs for both of them were good enough for this game.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

Ohhh, ok! I've actually heard of all three of those games, but I never actually played them for myself. So that explains it.
What is my life anymore?
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

No thank you, I'll pass.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

I'll try giving it a go. But from what I can gather from these screenshots, I have a suggestion or two. Try to scale those sprites a bit better. The way you ripped those chao sprites make them look very low quality and I recommend you redo them to make them look a lot crisper. It's better for them to look like sprites in their native resolution, but zoomed way in, than haphazardly resized with bilinear filtering and saved as either a jpeg or a bitmap.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

when i said serious i mean to say did you make this game in the same vein as FNAFB and other funposting games or did you make it as a genuine effort to make a video game?
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

CasualCollison, I am sorry. But I cannot update this game any more due to my schedules. I am a busy person and I only have such time when it comes to sprites. Not to mention, if I updated this game, everyone will have to restart their progress if they want to play the updated version. I've already moved on. Also. I don't really take suggestions from the public, sadly, since the request making requires a lot of knowledge from the Xicon Exedra standards and history for at least 13 years out of the 15 9/10 years that my team has been around. Sometimes the public can request, but only if the content won't matter on result. This game isn't one of those times.

Triert, technically the funposting. I used RPG Maker 2003. I can't really do the advanced game programming. But this answer is technically both. When it comes to effort, I did what I can. I'm mentally disabled, so that makes it very hard. My fighting game that I've been on for two years is still going and I only made it a little over halfway and that's with some gaps in between development on each update. It's gotten slower because of my motivation is low. So, that's a good example.

For anyone who has more questions regarding my schedules. I do more than just game development each day. Heck, a great portion of the days I can't even do game development at all. It can be tournament hosting, video editing, anything of what describes me on entertainment.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

yooka-laylee is to banjo-kazooie as this is to goldie's adventure
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

I'm mentally disabled and have started entering 3d modeling, I also know someone else who's mentally disabled and also does 3d modeling.

So I'd like a bit more insight to how your disability affects this.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

eblu i know you're exaggerating.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

[teleports behind you]
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Triert, thing is... I can't program. I do miserable even on simple coding. I tried looking up tutorials, but my mind get's all cluttered and I'm forced to leave the tutorial at an instant. I have to resort to non-programming systems for me to make content. 2D Fighter Maker 2002 and RPG Maker 2003 are examples.
Last edited by XiconDestoroyah on Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

it's simple man here's some java

Code: Select all

public class Joke
{
	public static void main(String[] args)
	{
		while(true)
		{
			System.out.println("please do not take this seriously");
		}
	}
}
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

eblu wrote:yooka-laylee is to banjo-kazooie as this is to goldie's adventure
Oh wow I remember Goldie's Adventure
This post really takes me back...
What is my life anymore?
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

eblu, I was actually replying to Triert's reply. Forgot to add that on my previous.
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

eblu wrote:it's simple man here's some java

Code: Select all

public class Joke
{
	public static void main(String[] args)
	{
		while(true)
		{
			System.out.println("please do not take this seriously");
		}