CitrusCat's Pixel Art and Sprites!

Share your creativity! Post your artwork, comics, movies, and related media here. Share your creations or comment on/help others with theirs!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

CitrusCat's Pixel Art and Sprites!

Post by CitrusCat »

My old art topic was complete crap and I regret everything about it.

But on the bright side, I've found that I'm pretty decent at pixel art, and I really enjoy making sprites. I'll share my work with you guys so you can see! Some of the stuff is old, others are more recent.

My stuff includes sprite edits as well as original sprites. Also, I make my sprites using this website called Piskel, which is really good and I definitely recommend it. It's free, and you just sign in using your Google Account. Anyway...

First off, here's the obvious one: My avatar (at the time of originally posting).
It may seem redundant to post the image in this topic, but if I ever change my avatar I want people to still be able to see it.

Here's a walk cycle I made for my rabbit character, Silver. I'm pretty proud of this one.

Some robot character I made.

Bandana Waddle Dee! I actually posted this one on SmashBoards a while back, to show some other users who wanted Bandana Dee to be DLC for SSB4.

UNDERTALE SPOILERS AHEAD:
Spoiler:
This one's a sprite edit... Kind of. It's Asriel Dreemurr, but in color. However, I didn't just take a picture of his battle sprite and recolor it. I actually remade this from scratch, using images of his sprite for reference. Oh yeah, I also "animated" it by having it float up and down. Also note that the colors are just my own interpretation since there are no true official colors for him that we know of.

Another edited sprite! Asriel Dreemurr as a normal adult. I have a black and white version of it, too, but I'm showing the colored version. I basically took his boss sprite and changed the feet, face, and parts of the robe. His eyes are just copied from Asgore.

Chara the demon child. I don't have a colored version of this one yet, so here's the black and white one instead.

(EDIT: I updated the colors of the two Asriel sprites.)
(EDIT 2: I updated the two Asriel sprites again. This time, I adjusted the torso height, and fixed small error on the sleeves.)
I have plenty more, but I'll just leave it at this for now. Let me know what you think!
Also, sorry some of these are small; I posted them at their actual size, but if you want me to post scaled-up versions of the sprites instead, let me know.
Last edited by CitrusCat on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Re: CitrusCat's Pixel Art and Sprites!

Post by Pumpkinium »

these are all really good i love them a lot!!!!!!!! good work~
help me
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Re: CitrusCat's Pixel Art and Sprites!

Post by CitrusCat »

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like them!

And here's some more:

Another sprite of my character, Tangerine the Cat. I tried to make it look similar in style to the Undertale battle sprites.
And yes, I made a black and white version of this as well. It's not all that interesting, though. The only thing that's really noteworthy about the black and white version is that the whiskers are white, so that you can still see them if this sprite was put over a black background.

I also tried to make one in the style of Undertale's overworld sprites.
This is just the front-facing version; I also made versions that are facing the sides, and backwards, and in those versions you'd be able to see her tail.

EDIT: Image
Made a shorter version, because I realized the Undertale overworld sprites have altered head-to-body ratios compared to the battle sprites. But I'm still keeping the old one up for you to see.

Here's a fireball. I made this one in my digital apps class, since we were making some games using GameSalad (although they didn't turn out that well, since we didn't have a whole lot of time to work on them and GameSalad isn't that great anyway). This fireball was a projectile for an enemy's attack.

This frog is pretty cool I guess.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")