whats wrong with my shadow chao?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 12 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
dawnthehedgehog24
Child Chao
Child Chao

whats wrong with my shadow chao?

Post by dawnthehedgehog24 »

i have a dark run chao i am trying to turn into a shadow chao but his spikes are green. what am i doing wrong? :darkcry:
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: whats wrong with my shadow chao?

Post by Mamkute »

Nothing is wrong. Dark/Run chao first emerge with green stripes. For the second, gradual, evolution, its stripes will turn red and the chao will become overall more Shadow-esque if you continue to give it green chaos drives and/or animals and wait for it to become older. I would also suggest checking the main site's page on the second evolutions, as well as the second evolution pictures. Also, may I ask, how old is your chao?
dawnthehedgehog24
Child Chao
Child Chao

one year old. and another chao just evolved into a neutral/Run.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Okay. Then you do not have to worry. As it ages its second evolution will become visible, however, most of the visibility will not arise until it is about 3 or 4. To obtain full "shadow" chao, you must continue to give it runing animals and drives. Also, to simply the matter, and if you do not care about stats, only give it run. If you do want to raise its other stats, you will have to balance out its appearance when the second evolution is visible enough. The same applies for your neutral/run chao if you want to make him into a sonic chao.
Tayrtahn
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Tayrtahn »

You might be surprised by how easy it is to make a Shadow chao (or any other second evolution):

Start with a newly-hatched chao who hasn't been given any drives or animals.
Give it 10 green drives or animals.
Wait for a chao year to pass, at which point it will evolve into a Run chao.
Give it 20 green drives or animals.
Wait 3 or 4 chao years, during which time it will gradually change appearance into the second evolution.

That's it. That's all it takes. 30 drives or animals.

Of course, if you give it other drives/animals (to raise its stats or whatever), you may throw it off track a bit. Correcting for this is fairly easy, though the method is a bit unexpected (it's often not just "give it more green ones"). There have been a few posts around the forums explaining it in more detail, if you're curious.
dawnthehedgehog24
Child Chao
Child Chao

Mamkute wrote:Okay. Then you do not have to worry. As it ages its second evolution will become visible, however, most of the visibility will not arise until it is about 3 or 4. To obtain full "shadow" chao, you must continue to give it runing animals and drives. Also, to simply the matter, and if you do not care about stats, only give it run. If you do want to raise its other stats, you will have to balance out its appearance when the second evolution is visible enough. The same applies for your neutral/run chao if you want to make him into a sonic chao.
ok thanks i'll wait a while. and can i give him other chao drives like red and yellow?
Goron
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: love yall miss yall bunch of chao nerds!!! sa2 was fate

Post by Goron »

The spikes will turn red as it ages.
it was nice to find my own little place on the internet
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

dawnthehedgehog24 wrote:ok thanks i'll wait a while. and can i give him other chao drives like red and yellow?
Well, you can, however it may complicate things. You should probably view Fusion's post about gradual evolution on the contribution forum, however, I will attempt to explain it to the best of my abilities. The way the gradual evolutions (not just second evolution, but the change as a baby) work is that there are two sliders. (My best comparison is an x-y graph.) So, one slider (y-axis) is the swim-fly slider (with fswim being the negative numbers, and the fly being positive,) and the other slider (x-axis) is the run-power slider (with power being positive, and run being negative.) There is also the magnitude slider, which controls how visible the evolution is, and it only increases with age (but that's not important.) Right after the chao comes out of the cocoon, the controling point is on the origin, 0,0. The furthest the controlling point can go is 20 on either axis. So, the purest shadow chao is (20,0.) If you add red drives, you must add more green to counter. If you add 3 purple, you must add 3 yellow to maintain balance. If you do not add the opposite fly/swim to your first adding, then you could get a D/R/F-R.

Note: In my graph comparison, you can change really any term, swim-fly does not have to be the y-axis, but I used it for the time being.

Also, I hope this made sense. As I said, Fusion's guide is much better, I just decided to mention my 'graph' way of looking at it.
dawnthehedgehog24
Child Chao
Child Chao

Mamkute wrote:
dawnthehedgehog24 wrote:ok thanks i'll wait a while. and can i give him other chao drives like red and yellow?
Well, you can, however it may complicate things. You should probably view Fusion's post about gradual evolution on the contribution forum, however, I will attempt to explain it to the best of my abilities. The way the gradual evolutions (not just second evolution, but the change as a baby) work is that there are two sliders. (My best comparison is an x-y graph.) So, one slider (y-axis) is the swim-fly slider (with fswim being the negative numbers, and the fly being positive,) and the other slider (x-axis) is the run-power slider (with power being positive, and run being negative.) There is also the magnitude slider, which controls how visible the evolution is, and it only increases with age (but that's not important.) Right after the chao comes out of the cocoon, the controling point is on the origin, 0,0. The furthest the controlling point can go is 20 on either axis. So, the purest shadow chao is (20,0.) If you add red drives, you must add more green to counter. If you add 3 purple, you must add 3 yellow to maintain balance. If you do not add the opposite fly/swim to your first adding, then you could get a D/R/F-R.quote]
ok thanks. so if i even out the chao drives give him the same amount of red yellow green and purple ones and give him more greens than the other drives he will be a shadow chao?
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Yep. That's about the gist of it. Sorry for putting you through having to understand my analogy.
dawnthehedgehog24
Child Chao
Child Chao

Mamkute wrote:Yep. That's about the gist of it. Sorry for putting you through having to understand my analogy.
it's alright and thanks! :dark: :darksurprise: :darkhappy: