Chao Genetics Video

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Chao Genetics Video

Post by Mayo »

Hello one and all Chao Islanders! This is Mayo, but some of you may know me as SapphireChao on Youtube.

Anyways, from the positive feedback I got from making this video about evolution, I plan to make another one based on Chao Genetics.

I'm doing a little revision and research on the matter before I start scripting, so here's where all you fabulous people come in :)

Since I do not own the newer HD versions of SA and SA2, if people can give me a low-down on the differences of genetics between 360/PS3/PC for both SA and SA2, that'd be awesome.

The following topics/ideas will be covered:

- description of the different genes (tone, shine, texture, colour)
- genotype and phenotype
- gene dominance
- stat inheritance + a few examples making a Twotone, Shiny Twotone, Jewel, MTN, and Shiny Jewel
- grade ranking inheritance (might be mentioned in a separate video)
- breeding myths (tell me some interesting breeding misconceptions!)
- version differences

- any other topics you guys suggest?
Dama
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: Chao Genetics Video

Post by Dama »

looks good.
(13:37:54) Riku: @ Dama: I did the toothpaste trick, I even freaking showered with it and cleaned it with soap and shampoo
Chaotastic
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Chaotastic »

Extremely informative video and very detailed. These are the types of chao guides that youtube needs. The rest are either too vague or just plain misleading.

I also love the humor. Keep it up. :)
Last edited by Chaotastic on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Light the world on fire, just to watch it burn. ~
dracomageat
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by dracomageat »

SAHD has, from what I hear, simplified genetics not allowing for any appearance not identical to a parent (no coloured twotones).

SA2HD, however, has no changes at all. I can confirm from experience that even the shiny/jewel crossbreeding acts the same, though you cannot actually obtain the jewel legitimately.
There is, however, a difference in appearance for shiny twotones and anything resembling them.

Breeding misconception: A shiny normal can give birth to a jewel chao.*
Truth: A shiny jewel normal looks like a shiny normal.

*Potentially possible with recessive genes I guess...
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Post by Mayo »

Awesome, thanks for the info and feedback!!

Other breeding myths I know of is where people think breeding two monotones will results in a twotone, or if the monotone colours mix (red + white = pink). Might be worth mentioning hidden genes and dominance.