Evolution type help.

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 15 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Furyal
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Evolution type help.

Post by Furyal »

Well, My game would seem to be semi glitched up. Kamek, which SHOULD be a Swim/Swim choa, I gave it all swim stuff for his first life AND second, but He's just a normal swim chao!
Kawkmo, who was a None chao in s/he's past life, also ended up becoming a Basic Swim chao.
Domen, my gold chao, was also a none chao, and in it's next life I gave it all run, then it was a Dark/Run/None, instead of a Dark/None/Run.
Apparently, I was the 50th member to join. Don't expect me to be on much, though. Avatar made by RS Chao.
moonsoul
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: How to cure an obsession: Get a new one

Post by moonsoul »

Your game isn't glitched. This is how getting second type chao work:

Let's say I want a dark/swim/run chao.

I hatched the egg and raise it with a dark character and give it mostly swim drives or swim animals when it's in it's baby life. After it evolves into a Dark/swim chao, I give it run drives or animals for it's second evolution.

The second evolution is a slow process, it won't go in a tear drop cocoon for it.

Also, I think you're getting confused with second evolutions with the chao rebirthing. It doesn't need to rebirth to turn into a dark/swim/run chao. Past lives aren't really important for getting a chao with a second evolution.
Furyal
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Furyal »

Hm.....
It still doesn't really make much sense to me, so let me get this straight.
After it evolves into a [insert type here], you then give it more of whichever type you want it to be, for it's second evolution, right? Does it have something to do with age? Champ, my Basic Sonic chao, is about... one-two years old, and got 99 run after it's evolution. So do I just wait and eventually it will be a full-fledged Sonic chao?
Apparently, I was the 50th member to join. Don't expect me to be on much, though. Avatar made by RS Chao.
moonsoul
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: How to cure an obsession: Get a new one

Post by moonsoul »

Correct. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with age. I think it's around 3 years of age before a chao goes through it's second evolution but it could be a little before or after that. When it hits that age continue to give it running animals or drives, even if it's at it's max already so it influences his second evolution. Good luck on getting your sonic chao.
dvddd3d
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by dvddd3d »

your chao goes into second evolution after its first natrual mating season :wink:
it does have to do with age because i have heard this happens at about age 3-4. :darksuprise:
Caosking101
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Caosking101 »

When is mating season?
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Post by Enzo03 »

Mating season is when the chao simply decides to mate (it's mate stat gets full, which happens on it's own), and flowers encircle it. Whether or not they start the evolution sooner or later should NOT depend on whether or not they actually mate.
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
Caosking101
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Caosking101 »

Thank you but what is its mate stat and were is it.
dvddd3d
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by dvddd3d »

Mate stat is basically how far it is in maturity for mating. I havent heard of a way to see how far the stat is but once it's full your chao should go into a natrual mating season.

Edit: I'm not sure. if i knew it would help me a lot more. :darkangry:
Last edited by dvddd3d on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caosking101
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Caosking101 »

Thank you very much.
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Post by Enzo03 »

The Mate stat I found by hacking =]

It's more of a condition, such as pain, fear, happiness, cry, dizziness, hunger, etc.

It just fills up at a constant rate while the chao lives it's life, but of course chaos chao do not mate...
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
Nickpops123
Master Chao
Master Chao
Motto: Persona! *shoots self in head*

Post by Nickpops123 »

can u just give it a heart fruit?