Can you help identify a Chao?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 5 days old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
emetzchan
Egg
Egg

Can you help identify a Chao?

Post by emetzchan »

In my Hero garden I have a few normal (starter) chaos, and a few shiny normal chaos. I left the game running while I went to class one day, and came back to find a new born chao. Not surprising. However, the new born was a solid white. When pet with a hero character, he stayed solid white. When pet with a dark character, he turned a reddish pink color. But not just highlights like a two toned chao, his whole body. I have a few of this kind of chao now, some shiny, some normal. I'm just more confused than anything :chaocry: . Am I missing something? They're like monotone chao, but their whole body changes color. Can't post pics because I'm a newb. I have them uploaded at postimage though.
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Re: Can you help identify a Chao?

Post by krzys2 »

Well I hawe something to tell you because I know who it is!

You chao breeded two-tone chao with shiny chao and then got two-tone shiny chao but on pc version it is Bright chao

Image Thats how they look

Gratz on your first Bright chao! :omochao:
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

That is an option, if there are highlights, but I would think the more likely option is that you have a Monotone Normal (MTN) Chao. What version are you on, by the way? If not on the new HD release, Bright chao (described by krzys2) is not possible, while MTN chao is possible for any version. This chao is, as you described pretty precisely, is like a monotone chao, but its entire color changes to match the "base color" of a normal chao in that respective evolution. If it were a MTN, I would recommend not making it a hero chao, because that is boring and all white, regardless of evolution.
emetzchan
Egg
Egg

Post by emetzchan »

I'm playing on the gamecube version of SA2B, sorry I didn't make that clear. And I don't think it's the bright chao you mentioned. Those chao have highlights, where mine is a solid color. I actually didn't know there was a monotone normal chao. That fits the description of my chao though! I'm still not allowed to post pictures, but I'm pretty sure it's the MTN. Thank you Mamkute! Any suggestions for really good looking MTN chao?
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Spoiler:
Sorry for the Watermark. Those are the evolutions, so you can judge for yourself what you may want. I personally like Dark/Swim, Fly, and Run. And yes, it is definitely not a bright chao, then; those are only present on the new HD releases.
LJ DARKTHUNDER
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME.

Post by LJ DARKTHUNDER »

krzys2 which chao is from the pc version left or right? Thanks Mamkute. But I was telling krzys2 to see if he replied. Mamkute how do you get a MTN?
Last edited by LJ DARKTHUNDER on Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Although I am not krzys2, they are both pc, the left is hero aligned baby, while the right is dark aligned baby.
emetzchan
Egg
Egg

Post by emetzchan »

Thank you Mamkute! Any info on MTN Chaos chao? I'm assuming Angle chao is white, Neutral is bluish and devil is black. Also my avatar is a a shiny MTN dark/fly/swim
Zeo-san
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Zeo-san »

emetzchan wrote:Thank you Mamkute! Any info on MTN Chaos chao? I'm assuming Angle chao is white, Neutral is bluish and devil is black. Also my avatar is a a shiny MTN dark/fly/swim
Sadly, MTN Chaos chao are always white no matter what alignment they have.

Oddly, for some weird reasons, the dark Chaos chao will have purple eyelids (only if it's a MTN one).