Extremely bright chao?!

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Lettuce!!
Egg
Egg
Motto: The question is, to play, or not to play?

Extremely bright chao?!

Post by Lettuce!! »

Ok, so my shadow chao went into mating season, so I bred it with my shiny mono-tone chao(Sonic chao), and I was hoping to get a shiny two tone chao. But instead, I got an extremely bright regular two-tone chao. Is this a graphical glitch? I am playing the steam version btw. I have tried mating these two together before, but have never got a combination like this. Any insight would be helpful! :surprise:
FrozenSpark34
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Re: Extremely bright chao?!

Post by FrozenSpark34 »

What you have there is a "bright chao". It is indeed a Shiny Two-Tone, it just looks different from usual because that's how it's programmed to look on the Steam version of SA2B.
{Coldest of Shining Lightning}
Miniature Disasters~
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

Actually, it's a graphical glitch. All Shiny Jewel Chao are just not rendered properly, thus giving them their unique look.
Pinkolol16
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Pinkolol16 »

*Shiny Two-Tone Chao
Chao are still epic. It's like this thing is following a timeline, lul.
So what's up lul.
Lettuce!!
Egg
Egg
Motto: The question is, to play, or not to play?

Post by Lettuce!! »

Thanks guys! I didn't expect to be replied to so fast! :chaohappy:
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

Pinkolol, Shiny Two-Tone Chao are normal. I believe Crazo has a topic on Shiny Jewel Chao.

Either that, or I'm too focused on the GCN version.
Pinkolol16
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Pinkolol16 »

The original post said they were playing the Steam version, which doesn't have any Shiny Jewel legits
They got a Shiny Two-Tone, which are Bright Chao in those games
Shiny Jewel confusions are a matter for the GCN version. But the original post was playing the Steam version.
Chao are still epic. It's like this thing is following a timeline, lul.
So what's up lul.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

Assuming the initial Chao were a Normal Chao (the initial Chao breed you star with) and a solid Shiny Blue Chao (from the black market), then it should be a Shiny Two-Tone Blue Chao, unless there is a complex lineage, such as the Shiny Blue Chao having a Normal Chao as a parent, then it could potentially be a Shiny Normal Chao. If I remember the early buzz correctly, since I haven't had a chance to play the Steam versions how I played the Gamecube versions, all Shiny Two-Tone Chao had this strange problem, or just Shiny Normal Chao did. I really wish we'd get someone who could try to fix the issue, or start a group reporting the error to SEGA/SonicTeam, but those things rarely take off.

Without a means of connecting to a portable device, such as a VMU or Gameboy Advance, Jewel Chao are impossible on Sonic Adventure 2, but Sonic Adventure still has the Gold Chao and Silver Chao. Though I'm fairly certain the graphical glitch is only in SA2, so Pinklol was on the money.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui