A rather complicated genetics question...

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

A rather complicated genetics question...

Post by MintyMyndi »

I have two Chao, about the same age, and one of them is currently in the mating season. I know that the other is close.
They have a complex history, but the short is that I have a yellow two-tone (named Milky) and a "Mint" Chao (named Myndi, hence the username) that I wish to mate to get an invisible Chao (shiny jewel yellow). I also want to know what grades are possible for the baby to have. The short here is that Milky was born with BCBBB and is now a fly-type with BBBBB, and Myndi was born with CCCCC grades and now has BCCCC. I would also like to know how likely it would be for it to be invisible with BBBBB (it doesn't need to be an exact percent.)
I have a family tree diagram(can't exactly post it though) consisting of mostly Chao that belong to my sister; as I said, they have a complex history and it would be impossible to guess the possibilities and chances without it. Neither Chao came from the "typical" combo to get them, but I do know where each family member came from.
I'll try to give info:

Normal two-tone, default egg, birth grades AEDBC, mating ADDBC (name "Yoru")
Gold Jewel, Station Square, birth DDBBB, mating CDBBB (name "Jasper")
Gold Jewel, Yoru+Jasper, CDBBC, CCBBC (Justice)
Yellow Monotone, Black Market, BDBCB, BCBCB (Kiiro)
Milky's parents are Kiiro and Justice.

Shiny white Monotone, Black Market, DDDBD, DCDBD (Perla)
Silver jewel, Mystic Ruins, CCDDC, CCDCC (Darryl)
Shiny silver white, Perla+Darryl, CCDBD, CCCBD (Ciel)
Ciel is Myndi's parent...
MT Pink, market, CEBBC, CDBBC (Skewer)
Normal, default, CDBBC, CCBBC (Dragon)
TT Pnk, Skewer+Dragon, same grades as Skewer, name "Pinky"
Myndi is daugter of Pinky as well.
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: A rather complicated genetics question...

Post by Mamkute »

Please note, I do not suggest this cross at all for getting an invisible chao, and if invisible chao is your only goal, breed some other combination (pure Shiny Yellow and Pure Jewel) but if you want these two particular chao to do so, I will try to work the chances.
Color chances are pretty low to begin with, given the genetic history, but I will try my best.

Milky is Yellow/Normal in color genes
Myndi is Pink/White, (I believe, most likely)
So being Yellow is a 1/4 chance

Myndi is Shiny/Not Shiny in shine genes, making the chance for shiny child 1/4
Same for being Jewel, 1/4 chance.

So, combining all of those chances, (1/4*1/4*1/4) we get a 1/64 chance of being invisible.

Grades get more complicated, and make the ideal off spring even less likely.
Assuming the two parents are in their first life (not having been reincarnated before,) then for each stat there is roughly a 1/2 chance of getting B and 1/2 for C (looking at the grandparents, chances may be lower for some stats) making getting a child with BBBBB grades be (1/2*1/2*1/2*1/2*1/2) or 1/32.

Those two events happening simultaneously would be 1/2048. Sorry for giving the grim news of chances.
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

Re: A rather complicated genetics question...

Post by MintyMyndi »

Thanks a lot! Upon learning of the slim chances, I decided to keep the first pair of floating eyeballs I came across. After much perseverance, I now have an invisible Chao! Her grades were pretty lucky, too; she has BCCCB. I'm debating whether to make her a run-type or a power-type, and am also working on a name. I'd take pics to show off, but there really isn't much to see....
Very cute eyes!
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)