What's up with my chao?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
KaneTheChao
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: I are evil! Rawr!

What's up with my chao?

Post by KaneTheChao »

All 8 chao in my main garden are being wierd. Every couple minutes they will have a sad expression on their face and put their hands on their stomachs. They also cry alot. :cry: I constantly feed them and pet them, but they all keep doing this. Anyone know why?
My 3 awesome chaos chao:
Louie, :herosway: Kane, :darkblah: and Silby! :chaohappy:
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Re: What's up with my chao?

Post by ShadriaFan »

maybe a stomach ache. give them to the doctor.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

Post by MintyMyndi »

These are symptoms of hunger.
If you do feed them a lot, then this shouldn't happen...
What version are you using? Are you using any mods/cheats/hacks? Sometimes that can have minor unforeseen effects on a Chao's behavior.
What I would recommend is to increase the available food. With that many Chao in a garden, food can get pretty short. Buy a few strong seeds (tasty, shape and alignment seeds work too, but strong trees live longer and give more stamina) and give them to Chao that are able to plant them. If you make sure the Chao is near a possible planting spot, then the seeds will be planted faster. This will make more food available. Of course, in SA1/DX, this won't work, as seeds aren't available for purchase.
Also, shake the fruits off of the tree when they ripen. Throw the fruits all over the garden, being sure to spread them evenly. It seems ridiculous, but this will make it more likely that a hungry Chao will see a fruit and eat it. That way, if a certain Chao is accidentally neglected, it will have fruit available. This will work in any version. Shaking the fruits off sooner will also give the next fruit a head start so it can ripen faster. As a child, I noticed that the fruits seem to grow faster while you're shaking... Not sure if they actually do, but it can't hurt to pointlessly shake them occasionally.
Also, pay attention to how your Chao cries. If it throws itself onto the ground while thrashing and making a tiny "Mee! Mee!" sound, then it is hungry. If it makes a zigzag mouth and wipes its eye, this can mean it's overfed, but crybabies will occasionally make this even when they're starving. Watch also when the Chao holds its stomach; if it makes a face like it's in pain, it has a stomachache and needs to visit the doctor (SA2B only). Take note that Chaos Chao do not make a different face and should get a checkup if you suspect anything to be wrong.
That's all I can think of.
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)
KaneTheChao
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: I are evil! Rawr!

Post by KaneTheChao »

Thanks for the help guys!

I'm playing SA2B on my Gamecube, with no hacks or anything. I have taken my chao to the doctor right after I see them looking like they're in pain. The doctor says it's fine and the doctor says it's fine. I've had a sick chao with a cold before so I know how it should work, but nothing's happening. I actually have 3 chaos chao who have won all of the races so planting won't be a problem. Now to buy some seeds...
Last edited by KaneTheChao on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My 3 awesome chaos chao:
Louie, :herosway: Kane, :darkblah: and Silby! :chaohappy:
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

Ok feeding is fine but dont overfeed them :darkno:
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
Kavomatovlraf
Child Chao
Child Chao

Whats up with my chao

Post by Kavomatovlraf »

Howsit all, still no luck in figuring this out. Have tried alot of stuff and struggling hectic.
Can anyone please help?