Only one egg set in Black Market

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
juiice
Egg
Egg

Only one egg set in Black Market

Post by juiice »

Hello everyone, I'm making this topic because it seems that I have a faulty Black Market. When I go into the Black Market with my 65 emblems, I can see at most white, shiny white, yellow, shiny yellow, pink, shiny pink, purple, and grey. I never see any other colors from other egg sets. I know I should be able to see lime green and sky blue but I don't see those ever. So basically I'm stuck only seeing yellow, pink and purple. Anyone know why this may be and/or a way to fix this issue. Quite frankly this is my least favorite egg set, so you can see my frustration haha.

Anyway, thanks in advance everyone.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: Only one egg set in Black Market

Post by Crash32 »

Each save data has a predetermined colour range for the eggs, so it's possible your save data won't let you unlock them.
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

If you realy want new eggs and dont want to make new save file you can try Darky Benji's Mod pack it includes better black market(with all items, even unused ones)
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
juiice
Egg
Egg

Post by juiice »

Hmm so it's actually possible to have only one egg set in game? I read the site and it says you get two plus lime green, sky blue, white, grey, and black are for everyone. Not sure why this save file is missing out on two sets of egg colors. Anyway maybe this should be noted for the site that the two egg set thing isn't always true.

I should also mention this is the GC SA2B so I can't mod.
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

Post by MintyMyndi »

Actually, you might not have enough emblems to see your second set. You should start seeing them later. Keep checking and they might appear.

If you want a sky blue egg, then that's in the red set, and you have the yellow set and room for one more set. If you get the blue egg, then your second set is the blue set and you'll need a new file. If you're playing the GameCube version and have a GBA link cable, you could get the egg by removing the memory card and starting up the game without saving. I recommend doing this on the version you're better at and can collect emblems quickly. The least amount of emblems you'll need for a sky blue is 15. At least in SADX, the egg sets change every time you enter the garden while playing without a memory card. I plan to do egg set research on SA2B, but I gather emblems faster on SADX, so I know more about that. If you are not playing the GameCube, this method can't be used and the following data may not apply. But here are things I've found with assistance from everyone on here:
You get two egg sets when you start a Chao Garden file. These are tied to the Garden, not the main game.
They can be:
Yellow, pink, purple
Red, sky blue/aqua, brown
Blue, orange, green (order?)
In addition to the four eggs that every file has, the white, grey, lime/light green, and black.
You have a first slot and a second slot for sets. You get the first set first.
You get the eggs in a set in the order I typed them, but green and orange may be reversed.
According to what you have observed, your first set is the yellow set and you don't know your second. It's 50/50. I think.
So, according to my research, the eggs would appear like this:
Spoiler:
(Please note that Black Market items are RANDOM and you may not get an egg the minute you have enough emblems.)
5- White
10- Set 1 first egg; in your case, yellow
15- Set 1 second egg; in your case, pink
20- Set 1 third; purple
25- Grey
30- Shiny white
(This is where it starts to get fuzzy. Mistakes are likely.)
35- Shiny set 1 first
40- Shiny set 1 second
45- Shiny set 1 third
50- Shiny grey
60- Set 2 first
65- set 2 second
70- set 2 third
And I haven't researched beyond this, and the later it got, the less likely I was right. If this is the case, then you should keep visiting. I need to redo my research, since I've forgotten so much. Just keep in mind that later eggs are rarer and less likely to appear on your first visit.
Now if only I could get good at the game. That way, I could research everything.
Sorry I couldn't give a reliable answer. I'm working on it; I only realized as I was typing this how incomplete it was. I know that at least early on it applies to both versions.
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)
juiice
Egg
Egg

Post by juiice »

Wow thank you so much for the extremely detailed information minty! I just recently got 70 emblems and have not seen any other color besides the ones already mentioned. I will have to keep checking the black market, but so far no luck.

So now I have 90 emblems and have gotten the shiny grey egg, but that's it. Haven't seen the black egg yet but that may take some time as I just recently got past 80. It might be worth noting that some files will only have one egg set as well as not having a lime green egg either. This appears to be my case. My other save file at home (I'm playing at my apartment in college with a new memory card) received its second egg set around this time and already had the lime green egg long before this emblem count.
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

Post by MintyMyndi »

Ehehe, glad it helped.
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)