Second Evolution

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
johnnyjh
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Second Evolution

Post by johnnyjh »

My Beginner Sonic Chao is a year old how much longer do i have to wait and give him green chaos drives and Cheetah's
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Second Evolution

Post by Mamkute »

You can give him the Green Chaos Drives and Run group animals as soon as he evolved, but it won't make any visual difference for a while longer. Personally, unless you are also wanting this chao to have balanced stats and are only wanting the appearance, I would suggest doing that, and then he will gradually change to a Sonic Chao.

How old he will be when he looks like a full Sonic chao is a matter that varies between chao, but usually around 3 to 4 years old is pretty noticeable.
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

Post by MintyMyndi »

Time doesn't matter. Go ahead! To be sure you get a Sonic Chao, follow this process:
First, level him up. This will mess up the evolution if done later.
Then, give him 40 green animals or 80 green Chaos Drives. Extras are okay.
Give him the same in fly. This will ensure that the stat influence is where you want it.
Give him the desired animal parts. This includes removing them. Count how many animals it takes. Then, give him twice that in green Chaos Drives. Do the same with purple. This way, both stats are maxed.
Finally, give him exactly 40 yellow Chaos Drives to balance out the fly. You can be sure he doesn't have any other influence than run.
Next, just wait. Feeding helps. The more you feed him and the longer you wait, the further he gets into second evolution. You'll notice a shift toward the bright blue color, a curve starting to develop in the spikes, and the ears moving forward and getting bigger/pointier. You don't need to give any animals or drives at this point, as run is maxed and fly/swim is balanced. Good luck with your Sonic Chao!
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

To specify to the above, thanks for being more specific, however, that was why I specified the only giving run drives if he (or she) was not interested in the chao having balanced stats, and instead only wanting the specific appearance. Although thanks Myndi for being more thorough than I.

johnnyjh, you do not need to worry about Swim and Fly drives/animals if you only give him Run drives/animals.
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

Post by MintyMyndi »

Yes, but run animals don't raise swim (probably because Sonic can't swim). I'm sorry if mine seemed like a correction to yours. Leveling the Chao keeps it from being a nuisance and drowning, while also helping it reach its full potential and giving a head start to its future lives. Either way works. Mine's a bit obsessive-compulsive. It's the ritual I perform on all of my Chao.
So johnnyjh, use whichever method. Just take note that you don't need to give more than 20 animals or 40 drives from a freshly evolved Chao.
Edit: Mine assumed he had given other things already. So they need to be balanced before a Sonic Chao can be obtained.
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)