Chao 2nd Evolution Oddity...

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Sigma_Ctu-s1_V3
Egg
Egg
Motto: Twist, are you sure this is the way to the ruins...?

Chao 2nd Evolution Oddity...

Post by Sigma_Ctu-s1_V3 »

Probably not the smartest question I've ever asked, but it's been driving me nuts.

Alright, so for the past three days (18 consecutive hours), I've been trying to raise a Hero/Run/Power Chao. It went fine during the first evolution, but things started to awry during the second evolution. I'm a tad bit new to Chao breeding, but I've done well in my biology classes, and it seems like it's right up my alley.

Stat Grades

Swim: C (1206) (LV.64)
Fly: B (653) (LV.30)
Run: C (1026) (LV. 60)
Power: B (2157) (LV.99)
Stamina: D (633) (LV.38)

Mono-tone Shiny grey

(I know the grades aren't exactly designed to impress, but I'm going to try and cross breed for a few extra grade A or S alleles later down the line)

For some reason, the emotiball (emotihalo) turned to the correct rusty shade, but the similarities stop there; upon the Chao's head (since hour 6 or 7 of birth), some type of reverse Heracross horn has sprouted. I've been whaling the guy with countless bears, dragons, and tigers for the past 6 hours, but it won't form into the correct sphere shape; it just stays that inward bent, barely split shape. It almost resembles a Hero/Run/Fly+Power, but it just looks like it got stuck halfway in-between. Help please?

EDIT: Hang on, would giving a chao dragons repeatedly boost its fly stat enough so that it would freeze frame like that? Albeit it is only a +8 increase, should it still be considered that effective? If that were the case, why doesn't it resemble a Hero/Run/Swim+Power? (Because it looks absolutely nothing like that...)
Last edited by Mamkute on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not post multiple times in a row. Use the edit feature to add onto posts. Thank you.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Chao 2nd Evolution Oddity...

Post by Mamkute »

The problem is that you are judging it by stats, instead of the animals or drives specifically. Animals and drives of the four stat groups (Yellow, Purple, Red, and Green) all increase the chao's alignment towards that stat. Blue, Gold, and Black group, although with certain animals raising one stat more than the other, all raise a stat by random when it comes to 2nd evolution appearance.

So, a Phoenix, even though mostly giving Fly, will change the appearance of a chao's gradual evolution in one random direction (Swim, Fly, Power, or Run.) Same for Dragons, Unicorns, and the Blue and Black group animals.

At least, I think that is the problem, since giving it Dragons would lead to deviations from the goal.
Sigma_Ctu-s1_V3
Egg
Egg
Motto: Twist, are you sure this is the way to the ruins...?

Re: Chao 2nd Evolution Oddity...

Post by Sigma_Ctu-s1_V3 »

Oh, alright. So it WAS the dragons, shifting it all wierd due to its random effect. I guess thatt the 'Random' title actually meant random. Alright, thanks a bunch for the help!