I am trying to get chao with certain faces

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
livig.
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: Shoot for the moon. If you miss, land in the stars.

I am trying to get chao with certain faces

Post by livig. »

I was just wondering how to get chao with the following faces. I realize that they are influenced by the faces of the parents, but I have tried using features from different chao, and the odds are still against me.
- Closed eyes, toothy grin
- Toothy frown, any eyes
Help is appreciated.
AwesomeChao
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Re: I am trying to get chao with certain faces

Post by AwesomeChao »

As far as I am aware, it's completely random.

Some sources state the amount of times you shake the egg can determine the chao's face.

More often than not, I get open eyes, no smile or open eyes, closed smile. Although I occassionally get closed frowns and toothy grins.
Palmpoa Commander
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Palmpoa Commander »

Shaking or throwing the egg bears no correlation to the face your chao has on birth. If you do want to selectively hatch for a face, hatch the egg by breaking and force reset until you get a desirable one.
BlackSoul
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by BlackSoul »

If you're playing the SA DX, there's a hacking program you could use to get the faces you want. Otherwise, just do as the above user said.
~Because I can~