Tiny Chao Garden confusion

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Canpaw
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: I just ate dinner for breakfast!

Tiny Chao Garden confusion

Post by Canpaw »

Canpaw wrote:The ring glitch is where your ring count doesn't increase until you collect the previous amount of rings you had before you restart your file. Is there a way to reset that, like spending all of your rings, and reset the file, therefore the glitch happening, but it's much more avoidable?
Canpaw wrote:I transferred all of my Tiny Chao Garden rings to Sonic Adventure 2 battle, while i had the Ring Glitch. Now I can't get any more rings; did I break it? I have 0 rings.
I am generally confused; how the heck do i get back my TCG rings for Sonic Advance?
a
TwilightofChaos
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Re: Tiny Chao Garden confusion

Post by TwilightofChaos »

What you said about fixing the ring glitch is right. I don't think this would have changed if you transferred them off, because I remember doing that fairly often myself after playing the little games for rings instead of the main game stages. In theory, it should work, because eventually it fixed itself for me...After I beat the thing a few times, even while doing the periodic transferring. I have no idea how to fix that if it doesn't work.

If you remember how many rings you had before you transferred them over, then I would start by collecting that via the main stages. I'm not sure if the minigames inside the garden work or not, but they don't give enough to fix it quickly even if it does work that way. I know however that it will still give you those rings even with the glitch active, so if all else fails at least that shouldn't have been broken.